UBP Price Increase to 89$ pp pd?

AlexandNessa

Anyone else hearing this for cruises booked starting 10/9?

Seems expensive for a package that doesn't include a basic espresso martini ...

But a nice way for them to increase the service charges for the UBP on a one week cruise to 112.14$, if true.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

Anyone else hearing this for cruises booked starting 10/9?

Seems expensive for a package that doesn't include a basic espresso martini ...

But a nice way for them to increase the service charges for the UBP on a one week cruise to 112.14$, if true.

Could you post your original content? and source?

They are out of their flipping minds. What is that? About a 13% increase with no additional return, hint--bottled water?

I do like the NCL product but there is no way in hell I am consuming $105 a day in alcohol.

I will be choosing a different free at sea option if I choose them again for my cruise line. Honestly, I'm sick of this BS. They are overcharging for a product solely to increase the service charge which is allegedly distributed to employees, but I suspect a solid percentage goes to anyone but.

I spoke with a server on the Escape who I wrote an additional tip in for and asked her if she actually gets it. She said in all her years with NCL, her check never changes from her set pay rate despite passengers writing in additional tips on her receipts all the time.

Classy.

If things go the way I suspect...

Old UBP promo service charge for 7 day cruise = $99.54

New UBP promo service charge for 7 day cruise = $112.14

This is why they raised the UBP price. 60-70% of the service charge in the UBP goes to NCL. They are actually able to cover about 90% of the cost of drinks this way. An extra $2 per day should cover the cost of 1 more drink per day.

Or go back to smuggling. Rum runner sales should spike.

:'):evilsmile:

This is why they raised the UBP price. 60-70% of the service charge in the UBP goes to NCL. They are actually able to cover about 90% of the cost of drinks this way. An extra $2 per day should cover the cost of 1 more drink per day.

Face it. most people get the UBP as a free perk. So NCL is really just earning $2 extra a day on the DSC since very few people pay for it in full.

Let's say 1 out of 10 people actually do pay for this perk in full, which I highly doubt. The inc revenue pd is only 26.2 USD per 10 pax and not 118 per 10 pax

Edited by CruisingUS

I can't drink $105 worth of Captain and Coke in a day.

**** these guys.

At $10 per drink you're talking about 62 drinks over 6 1/2 days. Most sailings have 2-3 sea days and 3-4 port days.

In order for the UBP to be worth it you'd have to drink 12 beverages on sea days (3 days) and 9 beverages on port says.

I'd say 95% of people can't drink that much. Even during my college days I couldn't drink that much. Now after 4-5 drinks at night I'm done.

At $10 per drink you're talking about 62 drinks over 6 1/2 days. Most sailings have 2-3 sea days and 3-4 port days.

In order for the UBP to be worth it you'd have to drink 12 beverages on sea days (3 days) and 9 beverages on port says.

I'd say 95% of people can't drink that much. Even during my college days I couldn't drink that much. Now after 4-5 drinks at night I'm done.

Did you get it as a free perk the last time you sailed with NCL? Or did you pay in full?

They are out of their flipping minds. What is that? About a 13% increase with no additional return, hint--bottled water?

I do like the NCL product but there is no way in hell I am consuming $105 a day in alcohol.

I will be choosing a different free at sea option if I choose them again for my cruise line. Honestly, I'm sick of this BS. They are overcharging for a product solely to increase the service charge which is allegedly distributed to employees, but I suspect a solid percentage goes to anyone but.

I spoke with a server on the Escape who I wrote an additional tip in for and asked her if she actually gets it. She said in all her years with NCL, her check never changes from her set pay rate despite passengers writing in additional tips on her receipts all the time.

Classy.

This is why I always tip cash. I never write in xtra tip.

Just read this. Wow! Smuggling will be back on the rise.

sure and just see how hard it will be to smuggle? We all know it is getting harder and harder with decent X ray machines. Good luck and keep on breaking the rules. Geeze:eek::eek:

Maybe you should do like most of us, choose the UBP as a perk or stop drinking so much. I would never buy the UBP at the price they charge now. We love our drinks, but can't even imagine drinking that much per day. This could be the reason the price is rising, few people are actually buying the package anymore.

Edited by newmexicoNita

If things go the way I suspect...

Old UBP promo service charge for 7 day cruise = $99.54

New UBP promo service charge for 7 day cruise = $112.14

I am booked in a suite for a March 2019 sailing and got the UBP as a free perk (before the started the 18% charge). Occasionally I will go in and re-price the sailings and could not figure out why it was about $25 more than it was a month or so ago. Never figured it was this. It was not posted anywhere. Just a slight increase in the overall surcharge.

***SNIP***

Agree completely. No bottled water, no specialty coffees. Nothing extra for the increase.

Chocolate and espresso martinis with no premium liquor whatsoever are overpriced dinky due to their popularity and you must pay the surcharge on those.

At the rate they're going, the service charges on the drink plan aren't going to be worth the cost for the moderate drinker in the near future.

How soon till "Ultimate" becomes "Signature" and there's a drink limit also?

Booking the Haven outright with their new pricing model is very expensive these days. And despite the crazy price increase, they tack on service charges for the drink and dining packages for Haven guests too. Tacky.

We have 4 NCL cruises booked in the next year where we are grandfathered in to older policies. We will keep those, and then, just as we achieve Platinum Plus, will be saying sayonara NCL and finding a new cruise line. Have an MSC Seaside Royal Suite already on hold with a piddly 198$ deposit for 2019. But my mind is open. :)

Something seems off about this to me. The current Free At Sea promo ends on October 2, 2017, with $79 pp/pd as the stated price of the Ultimate Beverage Package in the terms and conditions. I don't see how this date of September 29, 2017 could be correct, given that it's still within the time frame covered by the current Free At Sea promo terms and conditions.

Am I missing something here? Can someone please enlighten me if I am?

Classy.

We were on Oasis earlier this month and a bar tender told me the very same thing. We no longer add charge tips, only cash.