1 week out from trip and all a sudden cannot get into planner

luckyinpa

i entered name and password and cannot get into my account like i always have. what happens is it may say its accepted but then take me to another screen. that screen shows name and password needed but on right side of page says you dont have access to reservation 12345

it then shows a truncated version of my 1st name and then my last name and asks for my birthday. if i add the correct letters to the end of my name and enter my bday it lets me in

but why doesnt just name and password work anymore? and why would it truncate my name like that.

i entered name and password and cannot get into my account like i always have. what happens is it may say its accepted but then take me to another screen. that screen shows name and password needed but on right side of page says you dont have access to reservation 12345

it then shows a truncated version of my 1st name and then my last name and asks for my birthday. if i add the correct letters to the end of my name and enter my bday it lets me in

but why doesnt just name and password work anymore? and why would it truncate my name like that.

I just tried and could get into mine without any problems. Hopefully, it was just a glitch at the time that you tried it.

Most of the functions of the Cruise Personalizer are closed about five days before sailing. You can no longer reserve or cancel shore excursions or cancel any extras that you purchased such as beverage packages.

Though you are supposed to have some access in order to reprrint luggage tags or your boarding pass if you need to. (And supposedly you can pre-pay gratuities up to the day before). Do you have access to at least this?

i printed out the luggage tags etc. and today it officially says specialty restaurants closed and reserve excursions on board. but i still have to get into my account the backwards way i described above. its silly and unsure why they do this.

i just had wanted to look at the times of the excursions to compare to private or my own plans.

i printed out the luggage tags etc. and today it officially says specialty restaurants closed and reserve excursions on board. but i still have to get into my account the backwards way i described above. its silly and unsure why they do this.

i just had wanted to look at the times of the excursions to compare to private or my own plans.

You can browse excursion information without having a booking.

I had this issue once when a TA made a reservation using my nickname rather than my formal name. That caused my CC account to be updated and the name no longer fully matched an older cruise reservation so I could no longer see it other than by the backdoor route. Once the CC account and all cruises were updated to my formal name, everything worked as expected again. Given the OP mentions seeing a truncated name, I suspect a name mismatch is the issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can browse excursion information without having a booking.

https://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=G732

doesnt show time of departure for the tour and thats a big deal regarding the caves. low tide is 9 am so you have to be there within 1 or 2 hours of low tide.

car rentals only open at 8 so i could get there shortly after 9 so ill probably do that anyway but if i knew ships tour got me there 8 or 830 id do it.

I think you’re saying you can log in but then not get into the cruise in the Personalizer. If so, that could be due to a name mismatch. And I think you said when you got to it via the backdoor route, your name was truncated. Sounds like your name was messed up on the reservation. Call your TA or Princess to verify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=G732

doesnt show time of departure for the tour and thats a big deal regarding the caves. low tide is 9 am so you have to be there within 1 or 2 hours of low tide.

car rentals only open at 8 so i could get there shortly after 9 so ill probably do that anyway but if i knew ships tour got me there 8 or 830 id do it.

I doubt Princess will constantly update tour start times on the website with changing tides. I believe I have only seen actual tour start times when there are multiple options in a day. I imagine Princess adjusts tour start times as needed in terms of organizing passengers into groups and getting them off the ship and going.

Since there is no cancellation issue with a car rental, why not book the car and when you get on board check with Shore Excursions desk as to when the tour is operating? Then you will know whether to keep or cancel the car rental. Do you use internet at sea? Or phone from port.