Specialty restaurant question

elycelynne

One of the perks from my online travel agency for my upcoming cruise on the Grand is a cover charge for a specialty restaurant (I assume it's of my choosing). My question is -- Do those passengers who have this perk provided to them get the same choices that passengers who actually purchase them in terms of reservation date/time choices?

Same everything. I doubt the person you call would know if you got a TA Perk, paid for it in advance or plan to pay for it after your meal. They do know if you are in a full suite and based on experience you can usually pick your time even if it's last minute. So maybe it's a little different if your in a full suite in terms of reservation availability. Meal is the same no matter what.

One of the perks from my online travel agency for my upcoming cruise on the Grand is a cover charge for a specialty restaurant (I assume it's of my choosing). My question is -- Do those passengers who have this perk provided to them get the same choices that passengers who actually purchase them in terms of reservation date/time choices?

Do you mean choice of reservation times, or choice of menu?

Thankfully Princess is not petty enough to differentiate between forms of payment (cash vs. TA points). I'm sure the restaurant gets credit for a "sale" either way. Though I'm not surprised by the possibility that some lines have either limited days or a limited menu for those with vouchers--else the question would not have come up in the first place..

Thanks, everyone -- I meant choice of reservation times. I didn't think the menu would be limited.

I've experienced "assigned" reservations before, but now that I think about it that only applied when it was a perk that was offered by the cruise line itself (and I was able to change it because I didn't like the date and time that they assigned me).

Thanks, everyone -- I meant choice of reservation times. I didn't think the menu would be limited.

I've experienced "assigned" reservations before, but now that I think about it that only applied when it was a perk that was offered by the cruise line itself (and I was able to change it because I didn't like the date and time that they assigned me).

Same choice of reservation times

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You should get a gift card in your cabin. It may or may not have the restaurant and time assigned. If it isn't what you want just call the DINE Line to change to what you do want.

We got a gift card in our cabin that gave a date and time. I immediately rang the DINE line and cancelled that booking. Because our 21 night cruise was also sold as two shorter sectors and operated as such (ie our 21 night cruise as booked essentially became a B2B) we had to wait until the night before the first sector ended to make a booking for the second sector.

We got a gift card in our cabin that gave a date and time. I immediately rang the DINE line and cancelled that booking. Because our 21 night cruise was also sold as two shorter sectors and operated as such (ie our 21 night cruise as booked essentially became a B2B) we had to wait until the night before the first sector ended to make a booking for the second sector.

Princess appears to do this, someone books a "14 day cruise" which is also offered as 2 7day cruises and then treats the time aboard as a B2B. It certainly makes it easier for them to track that way. I always book as a B2B for personal reasons. I can see that carrying over to the speciality restaurant booking process.

You should get a gift card in your cabin. It may or may not have the restaurant and time assigned. If it isn't what you want just call the DINE Line to change to what you do want.

This is just what I did and had no trouble at all changing the restaurant. CG to Sabatini’s.

Tony