Riviera Laundry - Dumb Question

FrankLasVegas

While on a TA on the Riviera I sleuthed this out a couple of years ago. Here you go;

"Just a odd note on the laundry locations as we've discussed this before. I checked this out and decks 11 & 7 have entrances on the port side that open directly into the laundry room. Decks 10 & 8 have entrances from the port side that opens into a little hallway with crew area on one side and the entrance to the laundry on the other. It does not go to the starboard side. Deck 9 has a hallway that connects from the port to starboard side with the laundry through an entrance in the middle."

Hello All:

Can you tell me if the laundry rooms on Riviera have 2 entrances - 1 opening to both hallways?

If only 1 do you know which side they are on?

Thank you.

On the last 3 cruises we have been on, on the Marina (which is the sister ship to the Riviera) we have chosen a cabin right opposite the laundry room on deck 10. There was only one entrance to the laundry room, on the portside (even numbered cabins). It does appear on the deck plan that there is an entrance on both the portside and starboard side of the ship but that is not the case. I would assume it is the same on the Riviera, and I assume all decks where there is a laundry room has the entrance on the portside only. If you are considering a cabin by one of the laundry rooms do not worry about noise. There is none....and it is most convenient to have it so close for monitoring you laundry.

While on a TA on the Riviera I sleuthed this out a couple of years ago. Here you go;

"Just a odd note on the laundry locations as we've discussed this before. I checked this out and decks 11 & 7 have entrances on the port side that open directly into the laundry room. Decks 10 & 8 have entrances from the port side that opens into a little hallway with crew area on one side and the entrance to the laundry on the other. It does not go to the starboard side. Deck 9 has a hallway that connects from the port to starboard side with the laundry through an entrance in the middle."

Thank you ORV. Looking at PH 10023 which is right at the laundry. If I understand your explanation the door to this laundry will be on the other side hallway and should not be an issue for 10023. :)

Thank you ORV. Looking at PH 10023 which is right at the laundry. If I understand your explanation the door to this laundry will be on the other side hallway and should not be an issue for 10023. :)

Yes, that's correct. Deck 9 is the only one with a entrance on the Starboard side. At least this is for Riviera, I haven't checked Marina. I'll be on a TA on Marina in Dec, I'll see if they're the same then.

We were in Riviera 10020 two years ago. It's directly across from the laundry entrance. We had no issues at all with noise, congestion or otherwise. It was certainly convenient for last minute touch up pressing with the irons and ironing boards.

We were in Riviera 10020 two years ago. It's directly across from the laundry entrance. We had no issues at all with noise, congestion or otherwise. It was certainly convenient for last minute touch up pressing with the irons and ironing boards.

Thank you Tom. Very good to know. How did you in enjoy your suite?

We love the PH suites and in answer to another thread prefer deck 10 to deck 11. Of course our favorite PHs are 7130 and 7135. We hosted a sail away party for about 20 very comfortably last fall in 7135.

We were in 10027 a few weeks ago on Riviera with the same question. It definitely opened on the other side, so you will have no problem!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were in 10027 a few weeks ago on Riviera with the same question. It definitely opened on the other side, so you will have no problem!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for the confirmation Julise67. How was your cruise overall on the Riviera?

Same here...we were in 10020 last year and loved the location. Cabins above and below, almost mid ship, close to the stairs to the executive lounge on 11 and no noise from laundry. We actually liked the close proximity of the laundry!

I also prefer a cabin near the laundry and the lounge on Deck 9 (for Concierge Veranda) or Deck 10 (for PH). There is only one entrance to each of these laundries, and I would not choose a cabin directly across from the laundry door. The laundries can get very busy and the heavy laundry door can be noisy - as can some chatter in hallway!