Oceania Riviera cruise August 5, 2017- belongings taken away from Lou he chairs by po

nannyja

There should be enough deck chairs for all the passengers . Never been on a cruise before where someone was called a chair hogger. Definitely not the case with us . The problem is again, not enough deck chairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There should be enough deck chairs for all the passengers . Never been on a cruise before where someone was called a chair hogger. Definitely not the case with us . The problem is again, not enough deck chairs.

Do you mean to say that they should have (or that they do have) 5400+ deck chairs on the Allure of the Seas? :D

No cruise ship has as many lounge chairs as they have passengers.

So if you are aware they do not enough chairs for every person why would you block one or two while you are off doing something else ??

And, not sure when or which line TS was on, but as recently as March, Regent also had this conversation, and searching on Silversea, Seabourn, and Crystal also call them "Chair Hogs". All mass mkt cruises have strict policies specifically for "chair hogs", and is a familiar topic during Caribbean cruise season. Hmmm, sounds like TS hasn't cruised in some time, or not in warmer climates.

Then you haven't been on many cruises or paid no attention. Chair hogs are always an issue, which is why virtually everyone (Look at the responses you received) finds them incredibly rude. You are sharing space with hundreds or thousands of other pax. It would be like demanding "your chair" in the DR all night or "your stool" at the bar. You ain't that entitled, sorry.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Pinotlover that sort of does not make sense. If the vast majority of cruisers do not read cruise critic, cruise critic may not represent the general feelings?

Not at all. Just because most people don't read internet message boards does NOT mean that the boards don't represent opinions. I think it's safe to say that someone who wants a chair by the pool but can't get one because someone has left possessions on said chair, therefore doesn't mind.

I don't think so.

I speak as someone who after 15 cruises on Oceania (plus at least 20 others on other lines) has never sat around the pool. But I'd be extremely aggravated if all the chairs were taken by someone else's possessions when I did want to take a dip! Especially if that chair had been taken up for a long time.

I also agree with the other posted who said no ship has enough loungers for each and every passenger on board!

Please folks. Let's calm down. Don't let one of those chair hogs ruin your luxury cruise to exotic destinations. Remember you do have chairs on your balcony.

Just one question. If I bring on my next cruise my service pig does that qualify me as a chair hog :o

Pinotlover that sort of does not make sense. If the vast majority of cruisers do not read cruise critic, cruise critic may not represent the general feelings?

I don't always agree with many posters idea of just how many people post and use Cruise Critic. I think the number of people lurking and using CC as a resource is much higher that what many people realize. What other cruise information resources are people going to effectively use? I'm not talking about the little message boards here and there, they have no real effect other than for the few that post there. Most of the time when you Google cruise related questions you're going to be directed here.

Do you mean to say that they should have (or that they do have) 5400+ deck chairs on the Allure of the Seas? :D

No cruise ship has as many lounge chairs as they have passengers.

LOL,

I feel no matter what one says to the OP they are never going to realize where the problem is. As my father taught me as a young man, "some people get it, some people don't"

Just one question. If I bring on my next cruise my service pig does that qualify me as a chair hog :o

LOL. Of course that brings up the sensitive topic of people who abuse the privileges of "emotional support" animals. ;p

It is a pity that O does not have formal nights, because I am sure your pig would look great in tux. If he happens to end up next to me at the table one day, I promise to be considerate and not order pork chops.

I applaud Oceania and all cruise lines who have a "no chair hog" policy. So rude of those who think they can hold chairs for themselves, indefinitely with with no regard for other passengers! No doubt, these inconsiderate folks live their everyday lives as rude, inconsiderate people.

It is a pity that O does not have formal nights, because I am sure your pig would look great in tux. If he happens to end up next to me at the table one day, I promise to be considerate and not order pork chops.

The other question is - could you resist feeding him scraps under the table?

LOL. Of course that brings up the sensitive topic of people who abuse the privileges of "emotional support" animals. ;p

Thanks Burm. Also I would appreciate if we are at the same table don't ask me how I bring home the bacon :D

You must not cruise that often. One of these pics is of an Oceania pool deck, the other is the pool deck of a Norwegian ship. The O ship has a 1200 capacity, the NCL ship has a 4000+ capacity. Small wonder which one will have issues with the pool deck.

b824c5e25d12af9073881b328cb94e0f.jpg

e721891831170824721daff12f61e7c9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You must not cruise that often. One of these pics is of an Oceania pool deck, the other is the pool deck of a Norwegian ship. The O ship has a 1200 capacity, the NCL ship has a 4000+ capacity. Small wonder which one will have issues with the pool deck.

b824c5e25d12af9073881b328cb94e0f.jpg

e721891831170824721daff12f61e7c9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have cruised many many times... never had an issue with chairs..