Live from the stunning Crystal Bach

goldengatecruisers

Does anyone have any advice on the Michelin * Restaurants? We are meeting friends in Cologne but could go to any of the others. Any recommendations?

Ronny1 we went to Buerehiesel in Strasbourg two nights ago. Not impressed. Poor service, tepid food, only two wines served with a four course meal, and very stingy with the wine, at that. Because of shipboard credits we are going to Bel Etage in Basel this evening, will report later. Hopefully, this one will come closer to our expectations of Michelin quality food and service.

The food on the ship is much better than we experienced at the Michelin restaurant. And the service is much better and friendlier.

Phyllis

Mighty Quinn, I don't think I ever responded to your question. The hairdryers are similar to Symphony. The one on the bathroom wall reads 1200 watts and is not very powerful, although it is sufficient for my shorter hair. There is another portable dryer (I can't read the wattage) that I believe is more powerful stored in the closet. If both the hairdryers on the ocean ships were insufficient for you, I think you will find the same situation on the Bach.

Phyllis

Many thanks for checking on this Phyllis. Looks like I'll pack my own!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Ronny1 we went to Buerehiesel in Strasbourg two nights ago. Not impressed. Poor service, tepid food, only two wines served with a four course meal, and very stingy with the wine, at that. Because of shipboard credits we are going to Bel Etage in Basel this evening, will report later. Hopefully, this one will come closer to our expectations of Michelin quality food and service.

The food on the ship is much better than we experienced at the Michelin restaurant. And the service is much better and friendlier.

Phyllis

Thanks to the posters on this thread who provided so much information. We're just considering a summer cruise on the Bach, our only concern is that the petite suites are just a little bit too small (we're a bit spoiled after years cruising in the 300 sqft suites of Silversea and Seabourn) and wondered if, if we do this, we should find the extra to move up to a larger category. It's 2 weeks ..

Thanks to the posters on this thread who provided so much information. We're just considering a summer cruise on the Bach, our only concern is that the petite suites are just a little bit too small (we're a bit spoiled after years cruising in the 300 sqft suites of Silversea and Seabourn) and wondered if, if we do this, we should find the extra to move up to a larger category. It's 2 weeks ..

Rols, we were in the smallest suite, and it IS quite small, especially the bathroom, although the shower is very nice. I hope you have looked at the pictures I posted earlier in this thread. We have almost exclusively sailed in the E and C staterooms on the Crystal ocean ships, which we're fine with, but the riverboats are smaller yet. Mostly it was lack of closet space and the small bathroom that caused us problems. If you are used to much larger suites on previous cruises, you might want to think very seriously of upgrading to a larger room.

Phyllis