FTTF worth it????

stellarose

For me, it's worth it because I don't mind paying to skip long lines, boarding and exiting the ship earlier than the general crowd, and like having my room ready as soon as I board the ship so that I can drop off my carry-ons.

Some people either don't mind waiting or show up at the port later when there are fewer lines. I like to be on the ship as early as possible to start my vacation.

It's only worth it if you find the perks will benefit you. I try to get FTTF every time I sail with Carnival. It's almost always sold out for a reason.

It's def. worth it for me. The last cruise we took with FTTF, never even sat down. Walked from the car, checked in and on the boat at 1130 or so. You get to walk past everyone else waiting to check in, etc. Try it once, you'll see!

Worth it for my family, we have 2 kids. It's nice to be able to skip the line at check-in, and also have your room ready when you get on the ship rather than having to lug your luggage around until the rooms open. We carry 4 cases of soda on with us so it's nice to drop them off also. It's also nice to have a dedicated line at GS and not stand in that long line. We're gold cruisers and will continue to purchase it until we no longer need it.

It's worth it for us. We like to board as early as possible and we always get through check-in super quick. I also hate to carry my bags around the ship with us, so my favorite perk is getting into the rooms early. The dedicated line at guest services and priority tendering is always a nice benefit too.

• 8 months later...

I will provide the opposite review. Before we were Platinum, we just checked the bags with the porters and only had our backpacks. We were still at the port earlier and boarded just after FTTF. 10-15 minutes is just not worth $80 to me...and twice that if I want to get my kids on that way too.

The ONLY time I would consider it is 1)I was one of those people, who, for whatever reason seem to want/need to put cash on their account. The lines at customer service can be insane at times - especially that first day and you are losing out on an hour or more of your cruise just to make a payment and throw on top the stress of just waiting there. Yuck. 2) If i had an early private shore excursion booked and needed to be on the first tender in a port.

I had scenario #2 the one time I bought FTTF and I knew I was paying for peace of mind.