Shoe Diva's Club

Hi to All the Shoe Diva's.. This is a Fun thread which is still dear to my heart..

In the summer of 2015 we formed the "Shoe Diva's Club".. We are a group of "well heeled ladies" who love shoes!:)

We'll take lots of pretty shoes on our cruises but often run around our homes in our bare feet.. "Brandy" my Pup just came under my desk to lick my feet & remind me to take her out.

My post 129 sometime in July of last year listed those of us who are considered the founding members of the club.. We are: Cow Princess, ChefEstelle, Hugger, CP50, Poconut, Keroppi2011, Ruth C & of course Serendipity..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2234239&highlight=shoe+divas&page=7

This club is open to all discriminating women who just love shoes! And now we are having our official 2016 Membership drive..:D

If anyone else wants to join, please add your name to our "Shoe Diva's" list..

Annual Dues are $00.00, but shoes are very important..

Thought my fellow "Shoe Diva's" should know that although we have not booked our cruise for October yet, I've started on my clothes & shoe lists..:D:D

Edited by serendipity1499

Well, I really wouldn't qualify as a Shoe Diva - I go for the "simple" look, guided mostly by my inability to wear any kind of heels or "froo-froo" shoes due to both Rheumatoid and Osteo Arthritis - ouch, ouch, ouch. Simple black flats have been my dress shoes by necessity.

BUT, after surgery/chemo/radiation last year, my DS and I were in a mall for a few hours of "get-away" time and I saw the attached - and OMG, discounted so much they were about the cheapest shoes I've ever bought in my adult life! For my next cruise (Oosterdam, Dec 9), my evening wardrobe will be built around these (or maybe I'll find more shoes that are radical for me). Hope those of us who can't wear heals and/or can't afford pricey shoes can be honorary members? :)

IMG_4900.jpg.838204e1fd0d4ad45de2bb74b940c804.jpg

Edited by bcd2010

I very much enjoy seeing your lovely shoes, but will need to form my own club based on my much loved black sandals that go with everything and flat pack. You will see them every night.

Just know we love your shoes as much as you do!

I know just the person who would love to join your club .....I'lll PM her right away...some on here may have heard of her .

'Maggie Mou' ( she a Cunarder) she put together a book for charity ...'Ships,Shoes and Maggie Mou' .

:)

Bcd201, anyone who buys sparkly red shoes on downtime from chemo is at the very least an inner shoe diva. And as you have discovered, shoe divas don't give up just because they have to wear flats. DD is a budding shoe diva. She has gold gladiators. They're flat. In fact, her shoe tastes are more adventurous than mine and her heels go from flat to three inches, and include spikes and wedges. Kona921 I'm crazy about your pumps!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This is too funny. Sister Sue and I have taken a third bag between us on several cruises that we called The Shoe Bag. We couldn't choose which shoes to leave behind, so in the bag they went and we gladly paid the extra charge just to have them with us. And, yes, they get worn!

Debbie

• Haha 1

Well -- I don't qualify for this club.

Years ago I used to take silver heels, gold heels, black sequin heels, assorted flats.

Now that I have knee problems and severe back problems -- no more heels. So I just take a basic black pair of flats, flats for day time, and a pair of sandals for the cabin.

Well, I really wouldn't qualify as a Shoe Diva - I go for the "simple" look, guided mostly by my inability to wear any kind of heels or "froo-froo" shoes due to both Rheumatoid and Osteo Arthritis - ouch, ouch, ouch. Simple black flats have been my dress shoes by necessity.

BUT, after surgery/chemo/radiation last year, my DS and I were in a mall for a few hours of "get-away" time and I saw the attached - and OMG, discounted so much they were about the cheapest shoes I've ever bought in my adult life! For my next cruise (Oosterdam, Dec 9), my evening wardrobe will be built around these (or maybe I'll find more shoes that are radical for me). Hope those of us who can't wear heals and/or can't afford pricey shoes can be honorary members? :)

bcd, Love the shoes that you & DS found! You are definitely a full member.. Shoes don't have to be pricey, as a matter of fact most of mine I've accumulated since I gave away most of my heels, were on sale.. In some cases I've also started to collect a few purses to go with my shoes.. I've been buying some of my shoes on-line from Zappos, Shoe Mall, Shoe Mart etc. when they are on sale..

Kona also love your shoes & I've added you to our Shoe Diva club too.. Of course Dish with Sister Sue are now in.. Keep up the good work ladies... :)

Edited by serendipity1499

Well, I can be a shoe diva as I love shoes and I have so many I can't count them. :)

I usually cruise on Cunard but have recently booked a cruise on HA and it will be a first time for me. Not strictly true, as I worked on all the "Dam" ship in the early 1980's and acquired a passion for fashion and all things to do with shoes after doing a few world cruises and seeing how the ladies dressed up at that time.

Nowadays I still dress to the nines and the shoes are most important. On four recent world cruises I travelled with 40 pairs of shoes and around 30 handbags.

Earlier this year I went on a world segment and for the first time ever we had to pay €55 per kilo for excess baggage. We always pay of course as the shoes take up the most weight but this year it was well over priced (Emirates airlines) So what does a shoe addict do?

I went out and had new dresses made so I could wear them twice;) and bought a pair of Kurt Geiger pewter coloured shoes with magenta soles and 4inch heel that went with most of my clothes. Well that was the plan but as usual I could not live without my other shoes so ended up with around 20 pairs for a six week trip.

I love heels and my day shoes I wear most days at home are Vivienne Westwood Melissa flatties. The most comfortable shoes around and as I live in a hot climate they are better than wearing flip flops ( thongs) as they make your feet spread so you can't get your heels on at a later date.

Typical Maggiemou cruising shoes below. Thank you to Bell Boy for giving a link to this thread and a mention of my writings about cruising with shoes. ;)

2b842c49-2d7d-4fba-9916-4a877e0e6038_zps8f1ec63c.jpg

Shoes ready for a cruise last November,

DSCN4313_zpsrronhapr.jpg

Can you wear the heels all evening? Do you usually wear hose with them? Have seen more than a couple women carrying them on way to cabin from showroom or bar. Still think they complete the outfit if you can wear them.

Can you wear the heels all evening? Do you usually wear hose with them? Have seen more than a couple women carrying them on way to cabin from showroom or bar. Still think they complete the outfit if you can wear them.

I only wear hose when I wear a short length dress. If I wear a long dress I would not wear hose. Also I only started wearing hose the past year as I fell my legs are getting to old looking to be total bare so wear 5 denier very fine hose in a nude colour. I can wear my heels all evening no problem had years of practise. :)

You do need to practise walking in heels and the hardest part for me on a ship is when the carpet ends and you get a slippery tiles floor surface or a marble surface. I often think men must design the floors with no regard for ladies in heels.

When I buy a new pair of heels I wear them around the house with a pair of socks :) this breaks them in. Not a pretty sight though. :D

I took my heels off to and from gala night one night because of rough seas but otherwise, I live in high heels so I'm used to them. I went on a boot craze sat year so none of my newer shoes will ever be on a cruise! The rest have to persuade me they get to go...

to our Shoe Diva club..:)

Maggiemou you have certainly out done yourself.. If I took that many shoes my DH would either divorce me or throw me & my shoes overboard.. Your shoes are lovely!:D

We had our own sailboat & I spent several months with DH out on it.. One of our Friends suggested I use the oven to store my shoes, because he knew that I cooked very little on our boat & had never used the oven;).. I explained that our oven was too small to store my shoes.. Unfortunately, I can no longer wear my 3 inch heels due to a hip operation.. That was one thing I complained about to my Orthopedist.. He just thought I was a bit nutty.. But I still get pleasure in seeing nice shoes & I'm still able to wear nice sandals with a small eel...When I worked I always wore heels & hose with them..

OK, I just sent in my membership payment!:):):)

I just received two pair of walking type shoes from Zappos yesterday for our summer activities which include two weeks on Maasdam in Alaska.

Hope to do lots of walking around the deck and in port!

Last year, I suddenly developed heel tendonitis aka plantar fasciitis during an April HAL cruise, and the pain persisted so that by July I could barely walk across a parking lot. My MD told me to get shoes with arch support and I tried the Vionic brand. Couldn't believe the instant relief they gave me and my heel no longer hurts.

So I swear by them now (I do not own the company, unfortunately, just a happy customer.) They make very cute though expensive flip flops with arch support, too. I pass on this info in case anyone else is dealing with heel pain.

Look at these cuties! Comfort can be adorable. On the left are some walking shoes I got just for the Med cruise but wear them lots (breaking them in, you see) and on the right are sanuks, which I just discovered. Your feet are in heaven when wearing them!b0d5e9b7887bcccccfe78552554fade5.jpg

But let's not get me started on sandals and heels!

You could join! All you have to do is be passionate about shoes and want to take them with you!

Cruisinwithmaandpa that is some kind of glitter going on! Awesome for Mardi Gras!

Edited by chefestelle