Riviera/Marina Gangway Question

FrankLasVegas

Hello All:

In photos of Riviera/Marina it appears that at times in port the gangways "stairs" appear quite steep.

I had read that the crew gangway can be used for passengers with wheelchairs or those who may have issues with steep incline stairs.

Can anyone confirm that the crew gangway is accessible to passengers in that situation?

Thank you in advance.

Impossible to make any "general" comments about the steepness of the gangway. It all depends on the height of the dock vs the height of the ships' exit that is used. Depending on the tides the steepness can and often does change between the time you leave the ship and the time you return. In areas of higher tides you may even return to the ship and the ships' entrance will be different, higher or lower deck, that the one you exited from. The higher tides are as you get closer to the poles, both north and south.

We often use the crew gangway - especially returning to the ship. Sometimes several bus tours will return at the same time and the regular gangway gets busy with long lines. They even encourage you to use both gangways to get people out of the sun or rain.

Not a problem.

We often use the crew gangway - especially returning to the ship. Sometimes several bus tours will return at the same time and the regular gangway gets busy with long lines. They even encourage you to use both gangways to get people out of the sun or rain.

Not a problem.

Agree 100%, Paul. We utilized staff gangway many times on our recent cruise on Marina.

Donna

The higher tides are as you get closer to the poles, both north and south.

Sorry Dave, to be pedantic and totally off topic for this thread but this comment made me think about a cruise to northern Australia where the tides are huge so I looked this up today and it appears it is not related to closeness to poles. Only pointing this out because I learnt something new. Apologies again...

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-the-tides-different-in-some-places-than-in-others