Rhapsody Post-dry dock?

I replied to your post earlier, but the board ate it. I apologize if the other reply shows up. :)

The Rhapsody is currently on her first voyage post dry dock. She will be in tomorrow (Sunday) morning. My mom and a group of her friends are on this cruise and I can't wait to hear how it went after the late start last Sunday. We are sad we won't be sailing on the Rhapsody again before she leaves Galveston. We'll miss her. She's a great ship!

Enjoy your cruise!

I am anxious to hear the reports from those currently onboard. Did read on another thread that she has gotten new bedding, new carpet in most saterooms and that the Windjammer was still under construction (refurbishment) from her drydock last week. This is her first crise post drydock. Less than 24hrs. and we should know more first hand!!:D

Can't wait!

Well.. happy to be on dry land.. if that tells you anything! i'm on my cell so i can't tell you much until later tonight. lot of upset people though... reports from those currently onboard. Did read on another thread that she has gotten new bedding, new carpet in most saterooms and that the Windjammer was still under construction (refurbishment) from her drydock last week. This is her first crise post drydock. Less than 24hrs. and we should know more first hand!!:D

Can't wait!

Well.. happy to be on dry land.. if that tells you anything! i'm on my cell so i can't tell you much until later tonight. lot of upset people though... reports from those currently onboard. Did read on another thread that she has gotten new bedding, new carpet in most saterooms and that the Windjammer was still under construction (refurbishment) from her drydock last week. This is her first crise post drydock. Less than 24hrs. and we should know more first hand!!:D

Can't wait!

I figured that she would get some horrible reviews after the rocky start to that cruise. It didn't end up leaving Galveston until the middle of the night did it? Looked like the refurb. didn't get done close to in time :eek: .

Neat hogwild! Did you join the meet and mingle yet? Last time I looked it was up to 16!! Where are all the reviews, are they too mad to post???? I hope they all had a great time despite the terrible start I read about. Well I'll keep checking the threads, but this crazy thing is driving me nuts its so slow, my blood pressure is rising.....:p

Lori

What a disappointment! I have sailed on Rhapsody and many other RCCL ships before--this was the worst cruise I ever had. She was 12 hours late (electric engine malfunction)--they gave us $20 comp. Embarkation was chaotic, not helped by security imprinter malfunction. Long lines for dinner. Windjammer was undergoing renovation--did not open for the entire week. They turned the Solarium into a buffet---making it a madhouse instead of a refuge. Lines were so long for lunch in all dining areas that I never did eat--first time I ever went hungry on a cruise! For first two days, they were working on outside pool and hottubs--unusable. Solarium pool unheated and hottub jets never worked the entire cruise. Elevators often did not work, trapping passengers between floors, or stopping some distance above foor level, as well as inoperative indicators and buttons . Edelweiss was turned into buffet for lunch and breakfast. My room lost power 7 separate times, leaving me floundering in the dark, banging into furniture until I found the door (once I had been taking a shower). None of the clocks on board had the correct time. The top deck was filthy, with the bow a trash area of cigarette butts. The windows, especially in Edelweiss and Crown Viking, were so dirty, they were opaque. The entertainment group was new, and had to practice, so we only saw one production show, on the last night. The passengers turned hostile, and there was much talk about class action lawsuits, etc.

The crew was apologetic. To be fair, they tried to fix things during the course of the week. The ship is now clean, the Windjammer was supposed to open tonight, the pool is fixed. Electical items were still not working properly. It seemed to be a general concensus that the ship should have stayed in drydock, that it was not ready for passengers. I believe that much of the problems were caused by the contractors. There was no offer of compensation, but RCCL will pay a price, for many first time cruisers and those new to RCCL told me they will not be back.

BHS

Doesn't sound like fun. I too would be disappointed. That's why I will never book a cruise the first few weeks after a ship leaves drydock. I'll also never book a cruise the week following a repositioning.

I'm sure they will get it together.

I'm also sorry you and your fellow passengers had such a horrible cruise. This is exactly why we will never take a cruise fresh out of dry dock. I'm sure they will get it all worked out soon,however that is of no help to you or the passengers on your cruise. I agree with lccruiser2006, it is a shame they will never know just how awesome a Rhapsody cruise can be.

hogwild here is the link, I believe its the day we cruise at 3pm and RC sets up a room with munchies and champagne :p Convince your husband, I did mine, I think it sounds like fun, especially after talking to everyone here prior to our cruise! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=444149 I feel so bad for the last Rhapsody cruisers, I am sooooooo nervous now about ours on 3-25, do you regulars think all the kinks will be worked out? I can't believe they didn't offer some money back, all this bad press can't be good. I wonder why they would cruise if they weren't ready, I think people would rather postpone then be miserable. It is a lot of money to spend and then regret it. I have such high hopes for Rhapsody that when I heard this I got a sick feeling in my tummy! :( I can't wait to hear responses after this Sundays cruise.

Archived