Tour Cozumel A BIG SCAM

Daniel1313

Don't anyone book with Tour cozumel.... They are crooks. I paid them $320.00 on 9/10/08 for the twister ride excursion to Passion island. I contacted them today to ask if we could add on another person. They wrote back to me that they were out of business and were not offering any refunds. I guess I learned my lesson the hard way. I will never pay for an excursion in advance. This was the first time I had try to book one that was not sponsered by the cruise line. I used my debit card to pay for it so I am sure I am out of the money.

According to their website, http://www.cozumel-tours.com/beach-breaks.htm the Passion Island Excursion is the only one that has been canceled.

This is different from tour cozumel.

I got another email from them this morning saying their account was hijacked. I don't believe them. I am going to try and contact them again and try to get my refund. $320.00 is nothing to sneeze at.

I am going to check with the bank on Monday. The only drawback may be I used my debit card. I did use it as Credit though. I don't know if that makes any difference or not.

You can dispute a debit card purchase just as you can a credit card purchase. As the poster above said keep all your correspondance, I would even start logging phone calls. It's a bit of a process to prove, but as you said $320 is nothing to sneeze at!! Good luck

Here is the latest. The girl at Tour cozumel assures me that someone got into her email and sent me the message stating they were out of business and were not offering refunds. She did say that she would refund my money if I wanted. I had contacted them yesterday to see if I could add on another person. I told her I still wanted my money back because I was not going to risk sending in another $80.00. She said that she would give me that person's tickets for free. I'll keep everyone posted to what transpires. I am trusting that every thing is legit.

Here is the latest. The girl at Tour cozumel assures me that someone got into her email and sent me the message stating they were out of business and were not offering refunds. She did say that she would refund my money if I wanted. I had contacted them yesterday to see if I could add on another person. I told her I still wanted my money back because I was not going to risk sending in another $80.00. She said that she would give me that person's tickets for free. I'll keep everyone posted to what transpires. I am trusting that every thing is legit.

Daniel, we have done two tours with her and we still correspond every once in a while. I talked to Carrie this a.m. via her personal email account and yes she was highjacked and is very upset about it. I really think you are fine. I would keep my plans and then if the tour didn't pan out I would seek a reversal.

Daniel, we have done two tours with her and we still correspond every once in a while. I talked to Carrie this a.m. via her personal email account and yes she was highjacked and is very upset about it. I really think you are fine. I would keep my plans and then if the tour didn't pan out I would seek a reversal.

Thank You for the reassurance. I do trust that everything is going to be okay. I was just worried last night when someone sent me a email saying I was out the money. I have talked to her all day and I trust everything will be just fine.

Dan

Thank You for the reassurance. I do trust that everything is going to be okay. I was just worried last night when someone sent me a email saying I was out the money. I have talked to her all day and I trust everything will be just fine.

Dan

Hey Daniel, glad you feel better. I would have been freaking out as well.

Well, that really bites having that happen. Of course the others already said to dispute the charges and have the bank reverse them.

I had not seen their site before but will make sure to avoid them. Besides the tour we booked from Carnival was cheaper than booking from Tour Cozumel.

Good Luck with getting things straightened out!

I'm sorry but you are confusing two companies. I assure you that "cozumel-tours.com" is neither out of business nor denying anyone a just refund. I have known this company a long time. The one being discussed has a similar web site name and I'm not sure their present status but have ways to check.

The company referenced above is perfectly ligitimate and you are quite safe doing business with them.

Jim -- Thanks for the correction. Certainly didn't mean to pass along incorrect info. :(

Hi Donna,

Our kids are 16 and 17 was there very much for kids that age to do there do you know??

Thanks

Dan

Dan, I don't think there were more than 30 or so there when we were and I don't recall seeing any youngsters. I'm sure it was the weather and the fact there were only two boats in port and it's the off season. They had a trampoline in the water...we all had a laugh watching me try to get up on it after the tequila. They had segways for rent but also had kayaks. There was a volley ball net, too. My kids would have been happy to snorkel if the weather/water had been nice and would have enjoyed beach combing. Email Tourcozumel and ask what I missed :D

what I would like to know is what expletive deleted MORON thought it would be fun to hijack someone's email account through which they do BUSINESS and earn a LIVING and get some kicks and giggles out of scaring some people half to death???????? How much business did they lose over this little runt's actions??????

Just glad it worked out for you, Dan,,,,,,,Holly

Archived