Thinking of doing a day pass to a hotel in Nassau, advise please

cajunpeach

We've seen about all there is to see and Nassau and I think I'd like to sit and relax on the beach for the day, hopefully with a chair and umbrella included :) Drinks would be fantastic

What is your favorite hotel to do the day pass & why? About how much did you pay and what does that price include? Did you have to take a taxi or is a short walk from the pier?

We will be on Carnival Sensation and staying in port through the evening and leaving the next morning, if that is helpful...

TIA!

We've seen about all there is to see and Nassau and I think I'd like to sit and relax on the beach for the day, hopefully with a chair and umbrella included :) Drinks would be fantastic

What is your favorite hotel to do the day pass & why? About how much did you pay and what does that price include? Did you have to take a taxi or is a short walk from the pier?

We will be on Carnival Sensation and staying in port through the evening and leaving the next morning, if that is helpful...

TIA!

Never done this before, we usually go to the Atlantis but I had a friend who did this a few months ago and was fine with it...would have to take a taxi as it is on Paradise Island...

http://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/ParadiseIslandResort.htm

The British Colonial Hilton is within walking distance of the "pier", and you can get a day pass for their beach and (small but OK freshwater) pool. There's also a $$$ beach restaurant with good food and drinks. Restrooms and a shower. The beach is small, but clean, and it faces the pier, where you can watch the numerous ships come and go and come and go and come and go...ad infinitum. You can either walk through the Straw Market, or just by-pass it to get there. No taxi requuired. I think we paid $25 per person for the 8-hour day we were there. It actually was quite nice!! We'd done Paradise Island previously with un-air conditioned taxis (twice). One beautiful day there, and one awful day with huge waves. I have a big problem with the multi-passenger taxi/limos in Nassau and the open-air taxis in St. Thomas. Nassau is not my favorite POC, in case you couldn't tell!!

We also got passes for the royal bahamian. I think we paid $20 or less per person.

It was a nice beach, decent swimming area, very quiet and good friendly drink service. We hit the straw market on the way there... I got a "cuban" to enjoy on the beach with my pina colada :D

We like the Sheraton on Cable Beach. Took a van cab there for $5 pp and the jitney bus back. The pass is about $25- very nice beach, pools, hotel lobby with snack bar, beach bar etc.

Thanks cruiseapril, did the $25 include food and drinks?

Archived