Back To Abyss-ness! Live from Harmony - December 2, 2017

3b8d9b5191abeb0adc7fbdb4ff8a61d8.jpg

Well here we are again, Captain Tax and I taking to the high seas to work on our skin cancer, liver failure and most importantly the discovery of a new STD – all of which are immune to Purell dispensers and hand washing videos. Although, the thought of an after-hours “preventative” cartoon and jingle playing in my cabin on repeat does bring a smile to my face. So thank you Royal for the continued email reminders about the Zika virus, but I pray the bites and swelling experienced this week come from something other than a mosquito.

Now while it’s only been about two months since I stepped off the Harmony, I think this cruise will lend itself to some different experiences. For starters, this sailing will be heading to the Eastern Caribbean and will mark Harmony’s return to San Juan - the first Oasis Class ship to call on the port since it was impacted by Hurricane Maria back in September. There has been a lot of criticism over this decision, as well as our stop in St. Thomas, but I am very excited to do my part in assisting the economies of both of these islands as they recover.

b0dbb44d50ac78a26eff2e07dbdee535.jpg

In addition to visiting some different ports, both Captain Johnny and Cruise Director Bobby Brown have left on holiday and Captain Gus and Dru Pavlov have taken over. I have had the pleasure of sailing with Dru on a few occasions and I am very optimistic that he will be successful in breathing some of the life back into the activities aboard the Harmony that Bobby clearly did a fine job of sucking out.

f3abaf1537964ca2513baeb14bd19afc.jpg

Speaking of activities, plan to see a lot more bar and club time represented here this go-around. For whatever reason, my last Harmony sailing was very light on both fronts - probably because Maureen drank enough for all of us – and consequently the cruise just took on a very different vibe for me. So my mission to never grow up and continue to be a Tito’s R’ Us Kid will be a primary focus for the next seven days.

With that, let’s get back to Abyss-ness!

Pinnacles watch out, I’m coming for you!

e9eaab6040f1bedd0ece7e831f053073.jpg

Edited by CruiseLifeRick

Rick, great start and I’m on your short bus for the ride. Wish I was there again but this will have to do. I’m not sure who’s cabin your gonna crash for a photo shoot or cabin crawl but time will tell. Looking forward to your stops at SJ and St Thomas as Harmony takes me there in March.

As for Bobby Brown, he just didn’t seem like the right fit for an Oasis Class Ship, but I suspect he will be there when I return in a few months. IMO they need a Ricky Matthews, high energy and ready to roll through the night personality.... (light bulb over head turns on) Rick if you have had enough of your day job I think I’ve found your new profession. CLR can become CDR, Cruise Director Rick with his Assistant Captain Tax. I’d be booking that sailing in a heart beat.

Enough already, it’s time for you to entertain the Villain and me.:D

As for Bobby Brown, he just didn’t seem like the right fit for an Oasis Class Ship, but I suspect he will be there when I return in a few months. IMO they need a Ricky Matthews, high energy and ready to roll through the night personality.... (light bulb over head turns on) Rick if you have had enough of your day job I think I’ve found your new profession. CLR can become CDR, Cruise Director Rick with his Assistant Captain Tax. I’d be booking that sailing in a heart beat.

Enough already, it’s time for you to entertain the Villain and me.:D

Hello A&L - Bobby Brown has left the Harmony, you will have the wonderful Marc Walker as your Cruise Director for the March 10th sailing. I thought Bobby was OK, but Marc is 10x better.

3b8d9b5191abeb0adc7fbdb4ff8a61d8.jpg

Well here we are again, Captain Tax and I taking to the high seas to work on our skin cancer, liver failure and most importantly the discovery of a new STD – all of which are immune to Purell dispensers and hand washing videos. Although, the thought of an after-hours “preventative” cartoon and jingle playing in my cabin on repeat does bring a smile to my face. So thank you Royal for the continued email reminders about the Zika virus, but I pray the bites and swelling experienced this week come from something other than a mosquito.

Now while it’s only been about two months since I stepped off the Harmony, I think this cruise will lend itself to some different experiences. For starters, this sailing will be heading to the Eastern Caribbean and will mark Harmony’s return to San Juan - the first Oasis Class ship to call on the port since it was impacted by Hurricane Maria back in September. There has been a lot of criticism over this decision, as well as our stop in St. Thomas, but I am very excited to do my part in assisting the economies of both of these islands as they recover.

b0dbb44d50ac78a26eff2e07dbdee535.jpg

In addition to visiting some different ports, both Captain Johnny and Cruise Director Bobby Brown have left on holiday and Captain Gus and Dru Pavlov have taken over. I have had the pleasure of sailing with Dru on a few occasions and I am very optimistic that he will be successful in breathing some of the life back into the activities aboard the Harmony that Bobby clearly did a fine job of sucking out.

f3abaf1537964ca2513baeb14bd19afc.jpg

Speaking of activities, plan to see a lot more bar and club time represented here this go-around. For whatever reason, my last Harmony sailing was very light on both fronts - probably because Maureen drank enough for all of us – and consequently the cruise just took on a very different vibe for me. So my mission to never grow up and continue to be a Tito’s R’ Us Kid will be a primary focus for the next seven days.

With that, let’s get back to Abyss-ness!

Pinnacles watch out, I’m coming for you!

e9eaab6040f1bedd0ece7e831f053073.jpg

Hello Rick - great start and really looking forward to your review. Would love to go back to the Harmony. Captain Johnny is the best, but I loved Captain Gus, so you will be in safe hands with him.

I couldn't help but chuckle at the crossed out image of Bobby. I had him on HM twice (Oct 16th 2016 and July 8th), and he seems a nice guy, who was sometimes funny, however, when we had Abe Hughes on the July 1st sailing, I felt that Abe added more to the ship, and I preferred the way he ran some things as opposed to how Bobby did. Here's hoping that Dru breathes some new life into the Harmony.

Have a great time! Will be following along.

Totally just caught that the scooter drivers are pineapples. As for the troll at the back of the bus, way cooler than the last guy back there. Just don’t pop your cork when your behind the wheel, that’s not Gouda.

Excellent way to get me through the dreary first week of December. But Rick - who you gonna hook up with? An early December cruise doesn't exactly scream 'single ladies' to me...but good luck! ;)

Well, you know from previous experiences that I'm all about the Silver Fox.

But Rick - who you gonna hook up with? An early December cruise doesn't exactly scream 'single ladies' to me...but good luck! ;)

Well, you know from previous experiences that I'm all about the Silver Fox.

I think he’s looking to join PUMP (Pinnacle Upgrade Marriage Program). This is the level that isn’t publicized in C&A material. I envision Rick chillin in the SL, in a sweet ass suit, with an old fashioned in his hand watching out for the single ladies that would like to “pin him” with their extra Pinnacle name tag. You know, like in the 60s Dick Van Dyke version of Bye Bye Birdie.

Lisa just pointed out that Rick did say “Pinnacles watch out, I’m coming for you”.

I think he’s looking to join PUMP (Pinnacle Upgrade Marriage Program). This is the level that isn’t publicized in C&A material. I envision Rick chillin in the SL, in a sweet ass suit, with an old fashioned in his hand watching out for the single ladies that would like to “pin him” with their extra Pinnacle name tag. You know, like in the 60s Dick Van Dyke version of Bye Bye Birdie.

Lisa just pointed out that Rick did say “Pinnacles watch out, I’m coming for you”.

I’m going to have enlist the assistance of Sebastian to let me know where the high rollers are onboard. I’ll take it from there!

Well gee, thanks Rick. That changes my plans for the weekend. I was going to propose (Impose) a WiFi free weekend for the family as we get the house ready for Christmas. But now... Screw that. I'm staying connected to follow this thread.

awesome.png

dp

Really enjoyed your previous live reviews, so I'm sure this one will be just as good! I'll definitely tagging along! Still have 7 weeks to go until my next cruise- on Liberty for hubby's big birthday. So I guess once I'm done reading your review, I'll only have 6 weeks to go! :p Have a great time! :)

Your skin is too dark to get the Big C. That’s for us pale-skinned folks. I am curious though to see what “new” STD you snag this time around. I thought you had them all already.

Dru Pavlov is a ginormous upgrade over Boobie Brown. Nicely done. I think Royal made that swap just for you.

Your skin is too dark to get the Big C. That’s for us pale-skinned folks. I am curious though to see what “new” STD you snag this time around. I thought you had them all already.

Dru Pavlov is a ginormous upgrade over Boobie Brown. Nicely done. I think Royal made that swap just for you.

Was Bobby really that bad? Never had Dru, how is he in comparison to Bobby?

Was Bobby really that bad? Never had Dru, how is he in comparison to Bobby?

He would be fantastic on a HAL ship. I’ll leave it at that. I realize everyone has a different recipe for what makes a good CD. Bobby has all the wrong ingredients in my book.