Where some good places to eat

thabyrdman

With our cruise in May we decided to come in a couple days early driving from Michigan. We're staying a night at the Hampton Inn in Daytona shore and a night in Sonesta Inn in Fort Lauderdale. Does any one have good recommendations on good restaurants to eat in both cities. 169 Days can't come fast enough.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Forums mobile app

With our cruise in May we decided to come in a couple days early driving from Michigan. We're staying a night at the Hampton Inn in Daytona shore and a night in Sonesta Inn in Fort Lauderdale. Does any one have good recommendations on good restaurants to eat in both cities. 169 Days can't come fast enough.

The Rustic Inn - Ft.L

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For Fort Lauderdale, what is your budget and what kind of food do you eat?

I don't really like Trip Advisor for FLL because it is a bit skewed, the number one restaurant is actually a cooking school. If you use either, I would go with yelp.

For Fort Lauderdale, what is your budget and what kind of food do you eat?

I don't really like Trip Advisor for FLL because it is a bit skewed, the number one restaurant is actually a cooking school. If you use either, I would go with yelp.

The number one restaurant is no longer a cooking school.

Although it still may be a bit skewed, and it's certainly debatable, there have been many cities that I've found TA restaurants to be exactly like I've read.

I do remember the reason why TA is not your choice.

I do agree also everyone's budget, likes/dislikes are very, very different.

Sorry, I am not familiar with Daytona Shores, but for Fort Lauderdale I would recommend....

Casablanca Café or H20 Café on Fort Lauderdale Beach. Both are good but we love the Casablanca. Also, the Ritz Carlton has a great porch that serves meals and/or small bites. We have had small bites there and was delish. Also, Bimini Boatyard we really enjoy, but is off the Fort Lauderdale Beach strip. It is in a strip mall that is across the street from the road that you take to get to the port. Nice outside seating on the intercoastal waterway. Enjoy!

South of Daytona is New Smyrna Beach and there is a fantastic seafood restaurant there called Dolphin View. The food was beyond belief for the price, it is not a fancy place by any means but we went for the food. During daylight I am told you can actually sit on the deck and view dolphins, we were only there at night.

Trip Advisor helped us find a good place for breakfast this morning. We're staying in Sunrise and ate at the Plantation Diner just a few miles away. It's not a pretty day.

Too funny. I just don't expect to hear Cruise Critic people mentioning the Plantation Diner. Glad you enjoyed it.

For seafood in FLL... I'd suggest:

- 15th Street Fisheries

Hated it! One step above Red Lobster.

We have done LuLu's a few times and food is very good, great views, fairly cheap, and very causal. A little, OK a lot, more upscale we also enjoy Capital Grill and Blue Martini at the Galleria Mall.

Hated it! One step above Red Lobster.

We have done LuLu's a few times and food is very good, great views, fairly cheap, and very causal. A little, OK a lot, more upscale we also enjoy Capital Grill and Blue Martini at the Galleria Mall.

Lulu's is a tourist bar and Capital Grille is a national chain. Neither are notable seafood spots or anything I would suggest to someone who has limited time in a new place.

Someone asking for a local seafood spot, I wouldn't recommend any of those.

The Rustic Inn - Ft.L

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I second this, it's one of our fave's when we come into ft lauderdale.

If you're by Las Olas there is a ton of fantastic dining choices. Yolo, Louie Bossi, American Social, anything you could be craving

Lulu's is a tourist bar and Capital Grille is a national chain. Neither are notable seafood spots or anything I would suggest to someone who has limited time in a new place.

Someone asking for a local seafood spot, I wouldn't recommend any of those.

OP wasn't originally limiting options to just seafood. I do agree with your comments on Lulu's and Capital Grille. But that doesn't make them bad places to eat.

Except for the alligator tails, 15th street was a total bust.

OP wasn't originally limiting options to just seafood. I do agree with your comments on Lulu's and Capital Grille. But that doesn't make them bad places to eat.

Except for the alligator tails, 15th street was a total bust.

Both are great places to eat. But the OP did suggest seafood. And as someone who enjoys us a local aspect to dining when visiting new areas, I wouldn't really consider these. Though lulu's is local, just not a seafood spot.

Sorry you didn't like 15th street. It's a notable establishment with a solid rating, but every restaurant has detractors. You should try Billy's Stone Crab if you havent already. It may be more to your liking.

Ate there back in the late 1980's and it was really good. Plus, I felt like I was on the set of Miami Vice with all the cigarette boats circling the marina.

Billy's moved to Hollywood in 1995, different location now. You should check it out. Right on the water, pretty cool spot. And the claws are at least on par with Joe's for about 1/4 the price. The rest of the food is good, too. We don't go to Joe's anymore.

Billy's moved to Hollywood in 1995, different location now. You should check it out. Right on the water, pretty cool spot. And the claws are at least on par with Joe's for about 1/4 the price. The rest of the food is good, too. We don't go to Joe's anymore.

It might have been Joe's we ate at. It was right on the marina. Very tasty, much better than our CA crabs, which we can't get this year.

It might have been Joe's we ate at. It was right on the marina. Very tasty, much better than our CA crabs, which we can't get this year.

Joe's isn't on the water :)

Anyways. Speaking of FLL seafood restaurants... you should try Billy's.

I do enjoy a good crab feast in CA though. Used to stay in Sonoma and head over to Bodega for crab during season. You can get a big bowl of dungeness crab at Rustic Inn here if you miss it.