Help needed - something wrong with reservation

Hi,

I need some help.

I have a cruise booked on Symphony in september. I booked an Ocean Balcony guarantee. This has been in my reservation since I booked it.

Today I saw that it changed to an Ocean View accesible. This is not what I want at all.

Since I never got confirmation by e-mail of my reservation I have no proof that it was something else before.

I tried calling them but this seems impossible from my country. The number provided keeps asking my for a 7-digit agent code and the 1-800 numbers are not accessible from my country.

I have sent them an urgent e-mail but last time I had to wait 14 days for a reply.

I asked them then when the guarantee would change to a definite number and I wonder if this changed my booking.

Can someone please tell me how worried I should be? How can I proof they made a mistake and how can I reach them before I have to wait 10 days on the reply to the e-mail.

Please advice since this is causing me a lot of stress :(

This is a known bug in the Royal Caribbean booking system.

Every morning I see the oceanview accessible cabin in my booking and 2 hours later it has changed to my regular booked category.

So no stress, everything will be ok soon :)

Tina

I have experienced these anxious moments myself and the lesson I have learnt is not to book online directly. I find it puzzling that they don't automatically send an email confirmation with booking details when you book but that is exactly what has happened to me as well.

If you are a member of Crown and Anchor then an email to them will help resolve matters. Most importantly request confirmation of booking details. This is for your own peace of mind and to avoid any future problems even when this one is resolved.

If you post which country you are from, perhaps someone can reply with the appropriate local number to contact.

As a rule, I always seek written confirmation of any bookings I make given my own past experiences. If I don't receive one automatically, I chase.

No offense intended, but we see people on CC all the time with problems with reservations and they have no paperwork to back up what they reserved. To be perfectly honest, I would never book a cruise and not have a booking confirmation in hand within minutes. I do use a TA and she always gets it to me by email in short order. So if I were to book with Royal Caribbean, and no email confirmation showed up in a reasonable time, I'd be on the phone getting one.

I do the same with anything I purchase for the cruise too. In my opinion, if it isn't in writing, it hasn't happened.

Just my thoughts.

Thank you Tina for your fast reply! This help me relax a little

Did your booking change back to Balcony Guarantee in the meantime (mine did)?

If so, you could make a screenshot of your booking to have a proof in case there will be other problems in the future.

I did turn back eventually to the right room type. I made a screenshot :-) I also e-mail them requesting a booking confirmation.

Thank's everyone for your help.

I recommend calling them. When I talk to a rep on the phone, and give them my booking, I get an email while I’m on the phone.

Sometimes it takes days for me to get an email response. Sometimes I don’t get one at all.

Glad your booking corrected. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using Forums