Tea, coffee and water.

amajaa

I'm pretty sure that you can sign up for a free water package for meal time dining since you're from the UK. I was able to do this for our upcoming sailing on the Meraviglia as we booked via the US.

No, water isnt free on sailings from the UK . I think I have read it is only on cruises departing/ booked from the US and tap water is not available in the MDR.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

No, Tea and coffee only for breakfast. Orange juice for breakfast is available, but maybe not the kind you expect.

If you want to eat in the MDR, you better invest the 26 Euro for a water package with 14 bottles.

Is the water in the 14 bottle package carbonated (like Perrier) or still water (like source water) ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, water isnt free on sailings from the UK . I think I have read it is only on cruises departing/ booked from the US and tap water is not available in the MDR.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

This is what I was able to book for no cost for a cruise out of Europe:

Complimentary bottled mineral water during lunch and dinner in main dining room. RESERVED ONLY FOR THE GUESTS WHO HAVE BOOKED THE CRUISE THROUGH MSC-USA. VALID FOR ALL NON-CARIBBEAN CANVAS.

I have also read some trade magazines saying the same held true for UK passengers, but perhaps this has changed.

This is what I was able to book for no cost for a cruise out of Europe:

Complimentary bottled mineral water during lunch and dinner in main dining room. RESERVED ONLY FOR THE GUESTS WHO HAVE BOOKED THE CRUISE THROUGH MSC-USA. VALID FOR ALL NON-CARIBBEAN CANVAS.

I have also read some trade magazines saying the same held true for UK passengers, but perhaps this has changed.

UK passengers never got free bottled water.

The strongest they have is English Breakfast tea, which is very light.

I developed a fondness for this one:

29d1ac56438d9584c0f3be2d827d58c2.jpg

Other flavours in the range are peach and orange. Unfortunately they have been replaced with a different brand which are more herbal-like. I just about managed to get the last few at breakfast times in the MDR (none to be had in the buffet) on Magnifica last month.

I read that Yorkshire Tea won the vote from the British to be available onboard Magnifica from next April as part of the "British" enhancements.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Oh, Bea, you're quick. You're very quick.

As I say, I never drink it but noticed a Brit was telling people to take their own if they like strong tea.

Why "British ehancements"? Is Magnifica sailing from here? I think Yorkshire is considered one of the stronger blends.

Oh, Bea, you're quick. You're very quick.

As I say, I never drink it but noticed a Brit was telling people to take their own if they like strong tea.

Why "British ehancements"? Is Magnifica sailing from here? I think Yorkshire is considered one of the stronger blends.

Have a read of the following:

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/shipping/15226860.PHOTOS__New_2_500_person_cruise_ship_to_make_Southampton_its_home/

I've been to Lake Garda - combined it with a cruise on Preziosa back in 2015. What a stunningly beautiful region!

I'm going completely off-topic now but you seem well-travelled, Bea, and I have a problem in Marseille this coming Saturday, perhaps you can help.

France celebrates 11 November as a national holiday for Armistice Day. I was hoping to go to Aix independently but am now unsure. I've been in Paris twice on national days. On Bastille Day, the Louvre and les grand magasins opened up in the afternoon but on May Day everything was closed all day (and I still managed to find myself caught up in a Front Nationale demonstration - don't ask)

Have you any idea how widely the Armistice Day holiday is observed?