Nice beach

Bell2805

No snorkeling at Vigie. And very little in the north at all. Some at Pigeon Island, maybe an hour or so of it.

Otherwise, you'll need to head south.

Ti Kaye has a decent Reef. Their Island Divers has a day package, worth checking into.

Or further south, Anse Chastenet or Jalousie beach again.

Spencer's beach break gives you the most time at Jalousie beach.

Alternatively, maybe a snorkel boat trip. Mystic Man has a three stop snorkel trip. Worth checking out..

Thank you, I'll check those out!:D

Is Castro still active?

Will be in Castries Saturday Nov.4th, was thinking of a couple

hours at vigie beach after lunch at Coal Pot

As you can see, yes he's still active.

Usually easiest to send a PM to a member when you have specific questions for them as those go to their email directly vs waiting for them to possibly check the boards.

Enjoy your visit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
castro1n3,

Haven't seen any postings from you since January, are you still available. We will be in St. Lucia on 2/09/18, and would like 4 lounges.

Hal

The Boardwalk is running like a champion. Castro, and other vendors, are all there with chairs. As advertising one's own business on CC is against posting rules, Castro can't be posting day in and day out about his services. He can answer direct questions. No need to post daily or weekly about what's on offer when he's working hard! Lovely gentleman, his chair section is before you get to the Boardwalk itself. He has a sign up saying something like "CruiseCritic members here" or something similar...

Enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...
Any place on Vigie beach to pick up wifi? If not I could walk over the airport long enough to check in on home.

We had a great day on Vigie beach a couple of weeks ago. Can't believe it took so long to come up the idea of a boardwalk here. A very welcome addition. I had a great massage from a young girl who was operating at the far end of the boardwalk.

Although we didn't use wifi on the beach one of the vendors asked as we arrived whether we wanted wifi so I assume that one of the bars on the beach does have the facility.

We had a great day on Vigie beach a couple of weeks ago. Can't believe it took so long to come up the idea of a boardwalk here. A very welcome addition. I had a great massage from a young girl who was operating at the far end of the boardwalk.

Although we didn't use wifi on the beach one of the vendors asked as we arrived whether we wanted wifi so I assume that one of the bars on the beach does have the facility.

Thank you Bobal,

I've done tours and catamarans here so now it's time to find a good local beach. It's a beautiful island for a tour for anyone that hasn't been there before.My mom bought materiel downtown in a fabric store and made the sweetest kitchen curtains.Those kinds of things are the best souvenir anyone can buy and bring back home and use.

Just want to thank Castro for a fantastic day at Vigie Beach. We were there Saturday Dec 2nd. He had us set up with 2 lounge chairs and an umbrella on the waters edge with no one closer than 10 feet. Castro is such a hard working guy moving loungers up and down the beach in the hot sun. Yet, he still came by occasionally to see how we were doing and offer to get us a couple more beers ($5 for 2) which we gladly accepted. The sand was soft all the way into the water. The water was a nice aqua color and warm with nice gentle waves. Free Wifi from our position about 30 yards from the boardwalk was good. I contacted Castro using his gmail the week before and he had our loungers & umbrella already set up when we got there. Again, thank you Castro for a beautiful day!

How easy is it to get to this beach? Do you take a cab? Distance from cruise port?

Thanks. Merry Christmas everyone!

There's several posts in this thread with description of how to get there, walking or taxi, costs, etc.

As noted, it's just a few minutes from port by cab, $10 one way, or 20-30 minute wall. Right across the the airport..

There's several posts in this thread with description of how to get there, walking or taxi, costs, etc.

As noted, it's just a few minutes from port by cab, $10 one way, or 20-30 minute wall. Right across the the airport..

We walked to the beach. It’s an okay walk but not the greatest. You have to walk all the way around the airport runway And it was hot! Shared a cab back with some others that were there. Much better. $5 pp

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...