New Interface feedback.

As I posted on another part of this forum...

TOO

MUCH

WHITE

SPACE.

I view this forum on a 27in monitor - the comments barely take up 1/3 of this screen space now - with more white space on the sides, and now it will require more scrolling.

Of course - this 'size' is more 'mobile friendly' but 'whom' here actually reads, or better POSTS comments on their phone ?? Typing here now on the PC is easy, I can type away quite quickly, but on a phone ... nope.. it's letter by letter and then correcting it.

Whilst I might read this forum on the iPad, again, I don't tend to type from there - given that it's harder, and the response time for the iPad keyboard is much much slower.

Another issue with 'smart phone mobility' is attachments - that is not going to change.

Mobile 'friendly' sites / apps like Facebook are far accepting of posting images - here.. you still need a URL.

So far - I'm not a big fan - I've seen a few other forums go own this track...

Raise the location issue as a 'bug. Check also how it is listed in your profile - it needs to be added as a displayable field (though, with this Avatar section, not sure if there is enough space allocated yet)

(edit - also... it's 'too bad' than 'to bad' :) )

Edited by shireboi

I was a tester last year for CC and had provided feedback, it was supposed to be implemented on the 3rd of January.

BTW, I am still in the old format on my laptop.:D

it's been reverted 'back' to this prior format now ..... full filled screen

Count me as one who does not like it for the "too much white space" reason. Not the "I don't like change" reason. I use a PC to access CC and with the new dazzling snow white format I really needed :cool:.

I can understand that it might be different if you use another device.

I had already found out how to switch back to the old skin before I saw this thread. As long as CC continues to offer that option they will keep me as a subscriber.

As I posted on another part of this forum...

TOO

MUCH

WHITE

SPACE.

I view this forum on a 27in monitor - the comments barely take up 1/3 of this screen space now - with more white space on the sides, and now it will require more scrolling.

Of course - this 'size' is more 'mobile friendly' but 'whom' here actually reads, or better POSTS comments on their phone ?? Typing here now on the PC is easy, I can type away quite quickly, but on a phone ... nope.. it's letter by letter and then correcting it.

Whilst I might read this forum on the iPad, again, I don't tend to type from there - given that it's harder, and the response time for the iPad keyboard is much much slower.

Another issue with 'smart phone mobility' is attachments - that is not going to change.

Mobile 'friendly' sites / apps like Facebook are far accepting of posting images - here.. you still need a URL.

So far - I'm not a big fan - I've seen a few other forums go own this track...

Raise the location issue as a 'bug. Check also how it is listed in your profile - it needs to be added as a displayable field (though, with this Avatar section, not sure if there is enough space allocated yet)

(edit - also... it's 'too bad' than 'to bad' :) )

Agree with all you said - its like a tiny pokey little screen in the midst of my huge screen. And when I view someones post that has photos in it - the photos are covering the text.

And agree re peoples locations - thats a pretty vital thing to have on display as replies are based around that.

Its reminding me a lot of all the current state and federal Govt website rebuilds into basic 10 year old language and WHITE SPACE. They are all woeful and I seem to spend much of my dad at work sending feedback !

Its working well for me.I have adjusted the size of the threads to take up the whole screen, so the print is now a good size and is much clearer for me.

One trick with windows 10 is to hold down the Ctrl button and move the wheel on the mouse to adjust the picture size.

It did take me a while to find the User CP for subscibed threads , but it is still there,

Its working well for me.I have adjusted the size of the threads to take up the whole screen, so the print is now a good size and is much clearer for me.

One trick with windows 10 is to hold down the Ctrl button and move the wheel on the mouse to adjust the picture size.

It did take me a while to find the User CP for subscibed threads , but it is still there,

One advantage of the new format (as told to me) is that it will be similar on any/all devices which will make it easier to use. Sounds like that hasn't transitioned all that well as yet.

I don't seem to have changed formats. Left out again.

However, I do wonder why this forum uses such an outdated program. The functionality is not great, for example, no delete post function, or edit in a few minutes or no chance.

I am on other sporting forums which sorted these issues years ago.

I don't seem to have changed formats. Left out again.

However, I do wonder why this forum uses such an outdated program. The functionality is not great, for example, no delete post function, or edit in a few minutes or no chance.

I am on other sporting forums which sorted these issues years ago.

With no PM function it makes it feel old as well, hence the reason they are making updates and looking into having PM put on for the roll calls.:D

With no PM function it makes it feel old as well, hence the reason they are making updates and looking into having PM put on for the roll calls.:D

You might know Mic, seems to be some confusion on the sticky about contacting people on your roll call, some think it's an app for on the ship, when it first went up it read like a PM function.

Personally I'd like to see a PM function for those on your friends list, so if Rosie sent me a friend request and I accepted it, she and I could PM, but if you sent me one and I rejected it you couldn't bug me:p:cool:

thanks, it has worked, but, now the latest post is first so if I want to read from the start of the thread, have to go down to the bottom, or the last page and work my way backwards. Tried everything with no luck. :confused:Help!

thanks, it has worked, but, now the latest post is first so if I want to read from the start of the thread, have to go down to the bottom, or the last page and work my way backwards. Tried everything with no luck. :confused:Help!

You need to bring up Display Thread Options

Click on your Posting name at top right

Then on Edit Options and scroll down to Thread display mode and select how you want it to show.

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

You need to bring up Display Thread Options

Click on your Posting name at top right

Then on Edit Options and scroll down to Thread display mode and select how you want it to show.

I did

Thread Display Mode

Linear Oldest first

Still showing the latest on top:(