We land at 8:30 a.m. day of embarkation

ccletzgo

Take a taxi to Old San Juan, Barrichina will do luggage storage so you'll be able to explore the town for how long you want. Then take a taxi over to the Pan Am pier and check-in when you're ready. I wouldn't head over to the pier when you arrive from the airport because I don't think the porters will take your luggage that early. I know last time I was there we arrived about 10:30 for check-in and had to wait in line for the porters to begin taking luggage.Also going there first and the OSJ would put you at 3 taxi rides instead of just 2.

By the time you get off the plane, get through the airport, collect your checked luggage, and wait in line at the taxi stand, it will be 9:30 at the very earliest. It will likely be even later. We always try to get to the pier in San Juan around 11:00. We are always on the ship and having lunch by noon. I consider the first day an extra “sea day.” You will spend a lot more for taxis if you go somewhere before heading to the ship. If I were you, I’d take my time getting out of the airport, then head straight to the pier.