What is the status of sports games on Carnival?

VegasMark

Hi all - I'm recently back from a week on Carnival Splendor. I've been on several Carnival cruises and even on Splendor before. I've always seen a number of sports competitions throughout the week - dodge ball, volleyball, pool volleyball, soccer, pool games, etc. My recent sailing had only one ping pong tourney and nothing else. I asked an activities staff member, and he said he had only been on this ship for a week and didn't know why there were no games. I meant to ask the cruise director (JJ - Jill Jenkins), but never tracked her down. Is this just a Splendor thing, a JJ thing, or is this Carnival wide? I know it is silly, but I enjoy the cruise ship competitions. Carnival trails RCL in ship facilities (things such as Flowriders, rock walls, and ice rinks), but they always did a great job with plenty of sports games - I really missed them on this cruise.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I see that a lot of people have viewed this post, but I'm surprised no one has a report. Can anyone who has been on a Carnival cruise in the past couple of months recall seeing any of these games being hosted by staff or on the Fun Times? Thanks!

"dodge ball, volleyball, pool volleyball, soccer, pool games, etc."

I have been on 14 Carnival cruises on most class ships and have never seen any of the above sports except volley ball and basketball. I have never seen dodge ball and where would you play it. I have never seen pool volley ball except for all inclusive resorts. Soccer?

All of those "land" games were done on Splendor in the sports court. Yes, it is small, but it could be done. I can't specifically recall the pool games on a Carnival ship, but I know they are done on other lines. Ping pong is usually done 2-3 times as well, not just once.

"dodge ball, volleyball, pool volleyball, soccer, pool games, etc."

I have been on 14 Carnival cruises on most class ships and have never seen any of the above sports except volley ball and basketball. I have never seen dodge ball and where would you play it. I have never seen pool volley ball except for all inclusive resorts. Soccer?

I have seen dodge ball played on the basketball court. No soccer or pool games ever seen though.

so they closed the basketball courts? On our last cruise there were B Ball games all day with people waiting to play winners.
They used to. RCL still does. The staff member just tells everyone playing basketball that there is a "fill in the blank" competition and the court will be closed for an hour. Those playing basketball often play whatever is going on. The tourneys are always very well attended.

Just off the Magic and they had many sports competitions like basketball, soccer, dodgeball.

Seemed to be well participated by passengers. Unfortunately when you get adult males involved , it’s like they’re playing the World Cup and very aggressive plays ensues. Boys will be boys

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off the Magic and they had many sports competitions like basketball, soccer, dodgeball.

Seemed to be well participated by passengers. Unfortunately when you get adult males involved , it’s like they’re playing the World Cup and very aggressive plays ensues. Boys will be boys

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ha! That is true! Glad to hear they are being played on some ships. I'm on Horizon in October, and hoping to see all of them.