Ventriloquist Jeff Dunham ever onboard??

a4ofspades

I was reading Entertainment Weekly today and there was an article about Ventriloquist Jeff Dunham along with some pics of his puppets. I know I have seen him perform with one of those dummies and the memory does not seem to be of watching him on tv. I really feel I saw him live and it would definitely not be something I would purchase tickets for so I am wondering if I saw him on a ship????

I specifically remember seeing this dummy "grumpy Walter" and Dunham took him out of a suitcase. The personality was of a grumpy old man and was a very funny show. My grumpy old man (husband :)) says I am nuts and he never saw this show onboard. I have, however, been on two cruises without him so it could have been then.

Any help would be much appreciated! Crazy?? Actual memory?? I did a search and found no references to this specific performer so it's starting to look like crazy! :eek:

Thanks!

Saw him once years ago at the Improv in San Diego (sometime in the 90s)...he's obviously "made it" now...estimated earnings of $30 million from 6/1/08 - 6/1/09. :eek:

I'm surprised he'd still do cruise ships, but would love to see him again.

Edited by emelvee

I was reading Entertainment Weekly today and there was an article about Ventriloquist Jeff Dunham along with some pics of his puppets. I know I have seen him perform with one of those dummies and the memory does not seem to be of watching him on tv. I really feel I saw him live and it would definitely not be something I would purchase tickets for so I am wondering if I saw him on a ship????

Funny that you say that... My husband's parents said they saw Jeff Dunham on a cruise several years ago before he became as famous as he is today. I dont think you are crazy!;)

Thanks so much for the replies...I'm not crazy yet!!:D

For anyone interested in seeing him: EW lists him as the "must watch of the week" and he is on Comedy Central tomorrow (Thursday) from 9-9:30 pm. Nice that he is still entertaining on the ships at this point!!

Funny that you mentioned this.

The first time I saw him on You Tube, I thought to myself, "I've seen that guy on a ship!!"

To this day I don't recall which ship or even which LINE for that matter, but I knew I'd seen him on a cruise!!

Glad to know I'm not totally insane. :p

• 8 years later...
Looks like he's getting $45-$225/ticket in Las Vegas. No thank you.

We spent $150 / ticket to see him in Oakland, CA. Seats were AMAZING and the show .... perfect. We were SO close to the stage and he had 'Little' Jeff ... I nearly fell off my chair laughing.

"I keel you!"

Achmed is the best...and guitar guy is pretty good also. Saw his tour this spring.

I know this is an old post, but just had to share....my Gammie (grandmother) loooooved Achmed. A video of her imitating him and laughing and laughing...well, it's a priceless memory for me, and reading your post gave me that smile. So thanks!