5 free offers expiry

1lizette1

Seriously considering booking Norwegian because unlike the Carnival cruises we've looked at Norwegian gives us the opportunity to choose up to 5 free offers. Now Carnival cruises are less expensive but then we have to factor in the cost of booze etc, where we could possibly have that covered if we choose Norwegian.

My question is this, the site says "Choose up to 5 FREE offers. Hurry this promo is only on for 2 more days". I am very new to researching cruises. Is this a promo that is only say once a year or do you think I could probably catch this promo again if I wait a month or so to book? I know that the sooner I book the better, I just need a bit more time to really do some research before we commit.

We booked a year ago and there were 5 free offers. Sometimes there are slight changes but there always is something. When we booked we got daily service charges and UBP. We haven't seen daily services charges offered again, apparently those of offered less frequently. UBP, UDP, internet always seem to be there. Shore excursions are in and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It really IS somewhat unpredictable.. we choose NCL in part because the beverage package sometimes saves (vs. Carnival) almost as much as the entire cruise cost! Offers happen a great deal of the time,though the current unlimited beverages pus choice dining plus $100/cabin credit is such a deal we just booked today.

We just booked yesterday. Got an additional $100 OBC since we have cruised NCL before.

Total of $240 OBC. Also took the 3 specially restaurants and the Unlimited Beverage package. Think it's a win win even with prepaying the gratuities.

Edited by snow1

The offers come and go, sometimes they change a bit. I have seen some form of this promo since last year. Do not be surprised when you choose your offers that the gratuity is added to the cost of your cruise. Example, if you choose the free beverage package you will be charged the 18% gratuity (somewhere around $100 per person). Many people are not happy when they see that. It is still a better deal than you will find on other cruise lines. Although it does not include almost every beverage like Carnival, I definitely get my moneys worth. The same with the dining package, gratuities are added on.

Offers come and go.

And always read close as to the terms. You do NOT get 5 offers with most cabins, only higher end.

Yes, you do have to factor in all the stuff. And, sometimes it make sense to even book the cruise that costs more due to dates, ports, good feeling, activities, cabins, etc. It is NOT all about cost.

The choose up to 5 offers has been going steady for a couple years now. The only things that change are: 1. What the 5 offers are, 2. Sometimes ocean views get 1 and sometimes they get 2, 3. Sometimes kids sail free is one of the perks and sometimes it's in addition to the perks, and 3. Sometimes they give bonus perks like free photos and phone calls.

My question is this, the site says "Choose up to 5 FREE offers. Hurry this promo is only on for 2 more days". I am very new to researching cruises. Is this a promo that is only say once a year or do you think I could probably catch this promo again if I wait a month or so to book? I know that the sooner I book the better, I just need a bit more time to really do some research before we commit.

Why wait? Unless the cruise has passed final payment date or deposit is nonrefundable, book now to lock up the perks and cancel for a refund if you find a better deal down the road.

If you see what you think is a good deal book it. I booked a Med cruise for Sept 2018 with some nice perks. I often price check today and the latest offer is Distinctive voyages offering a few more perks. ...250 minutes Internet, phone call package, hotel and air credits and shore excursion credit, all it took was a phone call to get them added to our existing booking. Still kept our UBP and SDP so pretty happy with the deal. Will keep checking and see what offers come up next

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Forums mobile app

Why wait? Unless the cruise has passed final payment date or deposit is nonrefundable, book now to lock up the perks and cancel for a refund if you find a better deal down the road.

Why wait... this is my first cruise ever, also I'm planning this for a coworker and I to go on. I don't want to mess it up

Cancel... I've read a few posts where people tried to cancel but couldn't or they had to pay hefty penalties. So I'm a little leery at least until I can read and fully understand the rules.

Just trying my best to plan a great vacation :-)

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Forums mobile app

Why wait... this is my first cruise ever, also I'm planning this for a coworker and I to go on. I don't want to mess it up

Cancel... I've read a few posts where people tried to cancel but couldn't or they had to pay hefty penalties. So I'm a little leery at least until I can read and fully understand the rules.

Just trying my best to plan a great vacation :-)

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Forums mobile app

Hope your first cruise with NCL will be wonderful.

NCL will always have some kinds of promotion.

It is just that if the promotion is worth it or not depends on the total cost of the cruise fare & what you are looking for.

Right now, the free at sea offer can be combined with the distinctive voyages promotion for certain cruises.

Free at Sea Promotion:

Studio & Inside: Receive 1 choice of offer and between $25-$50 free onboard spend

Oceanview, balcony & mini-suite: receive 2 choice of offers and between $60-$140 onboard spend

Haven & suites - receive all 5 offers and between $300-$500 free onboard spend

Go to: https://www.ncl.com/cruise-deals to view some other types of promotions.

And NCL might bring down the cost more or have more special offerings like near a holiday like Thanksgiving.

and it depends on the supply & demand.