Is the steak house worth it?

qbanrican84

I have a question, (sorry to hop on the thread OP)....

In the steakhouse, can you still get a table for 2 like in the MDR or are you forced to sit with other people? We've never been in the steakhouse, but plan on going to it on our anniversary.

In the steakhouse, can you still get a table for 2 like in the MDR or are you forced to sit with other people? We've never been in the steakhouse, but plan on going to it on our anniversary.

Seating in the steakhouse is not like the MDR, you will only be seated with your party.

I haven't sailed RC, so I can't compare the steakhouses, but I've found Carnival's steakhouses to be phenomenal. The steaks are among the best I've ever had, better than what I've found at almost all land-based steakhouses.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Having eaten at both Chops, and multiple Carnival steakhouses, I would say it is absolutely comparable - and usually even better. If you book the first night, you’re offered a free bottle of red or white wine, or 50% off of any bottle. The half off is a fantastic offer - they have some great wines that you can get for a steal. Give the steakhouse a shot!

We've always enjoyed the steakhouse. It's a different atmosphere than the MDR. Much quieter. No wait staff dancing around and singing. Meals individually prepared, as opposed to those mass produced for the MDR. We look at it as a special treat. It's even more enjoyable if you're celebrating a special occasion (birthday, anniversary, etc.). I love seafood, and the sea bass is the best I've ever had. The surf & turf is outstanding, and the steak and/or lobster you get in the MDR pales in comparison. Try the steakhouse at least once. You won't be sorry.

No worries! Hop on ahead [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

Just wanted to chime in “yes” it is worth it - just in case you needed another recommendation, I had the lobster and steak on our first Cruise and a ribeye on the next and they both were fantastic. I’ve not been on a RC cruise however I do enjoy a good steak!

��

Please don't flame me for this but we tried it once and wasn't that impressed with it. First off, we are not foodies. We eat for the meal, not the experience. We don't go to fancy restaurants. The only way you will know if you like it or not is to try it for yourself.

Been to Carnival steakhouse three times and RCCL Chops twice. IMHO, Carnival wins without question. The cut of meat is better, the appetizers are better, the portions are larger and the upcharge is lower.

Not to say that Chops is bad, but Chops to me is at best the equivalent of a Long Horn, while Carnival steakhouse is comparable to a Flemings.