Camp Carnival questions...

famof4togo

Hi there,

First time cruising Carnival with my child...

Will they have Camp Carnival on the first night at sea? I know its important to have him go to the first meeting to meet friends but wasn't sure if that would be the first night or start on the first full day at sea?

Also, on another cruise line since dinners are so long and the children like my own don't have the patience's for the entire length of dinner...they did a express dinner (45 minutes) for the children and then someone from kids club came to the dining room and collected all the children who did the express dinner to go to kids club so parents could finish their lengthy dinner in peace....does Carnival do this?

THANKS in advance...

Carnival does not do express dinners. However, if you have early dining (except for on the first night), the camp blocks off part of Lido deck, and they will feed the kids dinner there while you eat in the MDR. So, there is that option.

I think they have camp the first night. I don't remember the kids being there for the welcome show, but not 100% sure. It's been a couple of years.

Carnival does not do Express dinners. But, you can tell your server to bring your child's food out as soon as it is ready. Our kids would always finish eating before us and then my husband or I would go sign them in to Camp Carnival and then come back to the MDR to finish our meal. My experience regarding Camp Carnival the 1st night is that on 7 day cruises they had a Family Dance Party in the Disco and then were only open for paid watching after 10 p.m. However, on 5 day cruises, they opened up after the Family Dance Party was over. I'm not sure if this is still the case as my kids are now teenagers.

Our last sailing was a 7day on Pride. Camp carnival was only open on embarkation day for signing up. We brought our LO to dinner with us, that slow timing was rough. It was a family dance party at the disco for us too. That was a ton of fun! Each of the other nights, our LO was at camp, they brought all the kids to lido for dinner, them back to camp. We picked him up at 10pm each night, most of the time he did not want to leave camp. He had a blast! Which allowed us to have a blast too! We have a family harbor room on horizon soon. Looking forward to the free night of night owls babysitting from 10-1!

Been a while, but I remember Camp Carnival being open only for registration and for checking out the place during certain hours on Embarkation Day. Then that night, there’s a family meet and greet, followed by a Camp Carnival family dance party in one of the lounges.

As another poster mentioned, Camp Carnival offers a “dinner with your friends” option for kids at the Lido restaurant. You can check your child in for dinner there, then go to the MDR for your meal. I think the counselors walk the kids back to the Camp Carnival room when their dinner is over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got off Splendor. Just sign up on first day. And I was kinda ticked because it was closed daily from 5-7pm. So we had selected early dining at 6pm and the kids ate with us nightly. At 7pm we would get them up to kids club to finish our dinner in peace. I think for our next cruise I will select late dining so I can feed them at Lido and not bother the table beside us. That was my only complaint about it though. The staff was great and my children loved going.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off Splendor. Just sign up on first day. And I was kinda ticked because it was closed daily from 5-7pm. So we had selected early dining at 6pm and the kids ate with us nightly. At 7pm we would get them up to kids club to finish our dinner in peace. I think for our next cruise I will select late dining so I can feed them at Lido and not bother the table beside us. That was my only complaint about it though. The staff was great and my children loved going.

They didn't offer dining at camp at lido? Last cruise camp closed 5 to 7, but they feed kids at lido at 6, then they brought kids to camp at 7 themselves

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

They didn't offer dining at camp at lido? Last cruise camp closed 5 to 7' date=' but they feed kids at lido at 6, then they brought kids to camp at 7 themselves

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Nope that was not an option. They were completely closed. And we got scolded one day because we were 5 min late getting my son and they had already started some team building meeting. We are booking in the sunshine next January so I'm hoping it will be the dining option as everyone has stated.

I think there is just a meet and greet the first night. We had early seating on our last cruise and brought the kids. They had their meals while we had our appetizers. When they were finished, one of us would run the kids to camp. That way the kids didn't have to sit through the whole dinner service.