Carnival Dream OR Carnival Magic ??

mr jailerman

Just asking your opinion here ?

I've been on the Dream twice out of New Orleans.

I am considering a cruise on the Magic ? Never been on it. But it would be at a bit more of a expense to me, Then doing another Dream cruise due to pre and post travel costs.

The Question: Other then the obviously different ports ? Any Pros or Cons To The Magic over The Dream ?

Thanks For Your Time !

Have a Great Night 🚢!

We were aboard the Dream for 21 days out of Nola in 2016, before the upgrade. We were on the Magic out of Port Canaveral for 14 days. We loved both ships and were on the Spa deck for both cruises. They have a very similar layout. All in all we loved the Dream, we had a killer Journey's itinerary. We also became very close with some of the bar staff. NOLA is definitely a very cool port.

Just asking your opinion here ?

I've been on the Dream twice out of New Orleans.

I am considering a cruise on the Magic ? Never been on it. But it would be at a bit more of a expense to me, Then doing another Dream cruise due to pre and post travel costs.

The Question: Other then the obviously different ports ? Any Pros or Cons To The Magic over The Dream ?

Thanks For Your Time !

Have a Great Night 🚢!

Compare the itinerary, I'd prefer the Magic's for extra port days!:D

I prefer the Dream personally. The Magic is a great ship obviously but when at sea I always felt a gentle bump/thud every few minutes in my cabin. I never felt the same thing on the Dream. I also don't really remember any of the entertainers on any Magic cruise (3 times now) but I remember Emma Jude from the Dream and even follow her on facebook. That and I really enjoyed the break dancing group they had.

They are the same class of ship, very similar layouts. If you get Dr. E on the Magic or Chris the Flying Scotsman on the Dream you will have an outstanding cruise director. I don't think your Magic experience will be much different than that on the Dream. Only you can decide if going on a different ship is worth the extra expense.

They are very similar. I prefer the decor on the Dream, but Magic has the ropes course. I would make your decision based upon itinerary rather than ship given that virtually all else is the same. The Dream class is still my favorite class of Carnival Ship, although that may change after my Horizon cruise in November.

• 2 weeks later...

We have never been on the Magic, but will in a matter of 40 days or so. We did sail on the Dream out of Nola last year. I think after doing the research the ships are similar, but we needed a different itinerary. So I would say go with your gut on this one. Do you want to save money or check out different ports :)