In your opinion which cruise line/ship has the best pizza?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:30 PM.
Dublin, Ohio
9,545 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
So far, the Sapphire Princess has had the best pizza for us. My favorite was the white pizza they had when we were going through Glacier Bay.

Least favorite was on the Sovereign of the Seas. I couldn't even finish one piece.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ann
Pride of America, Hawaii - Feb 16, 2019 - Roll Call

PAST
Grand Princess, Mexican Riviera - Feb 16, 2018; Anthem of the Seas - May 20, 2017; Island Princess Feb 3-18, 2017 - Panama Canal Ocean to Ocean OneNote Planning File; NCL Spirit Feb 20, 2016 - Western Caribbean Photo Book Pre-Cruise; NCL Sun Dec 14, 2014 - Western Caribbean ; Norwegian Sun - Feb 13 - 24 - Southern Caribbean Photo book - 1st half Photo book - 2nd half ; Norwegian Dawn - B2B, Boston to Quebec City to Boston - Sept 27 - Oct 11, 2013 Trip Photos ; Norwegian Sky - Surprise Bahamas Trip - Oct 29 - Nov 2, 2012 Photo Book ; Norwegian Star - NYC to Bermuda May 13-20, 2012 ; Norwegian Spirit - Western Caribbean from NOLA - March 20-27, 2011 Pre-Cruise NOLA Photobook ; Norwegian Sky - Bahamas - March 29-April 2, 2010 Photo Book
Explorer of the Seas - Caribbean - March 15 - 27, 2009 ; Sovereign of the Seas - Bahamas-Aug 13-17, 2007 ; Sapphire Princess - Alaska - June 24-July 1, 2006 ; Disney Wonder - Bahamas - March 2004
Norman OK (Go Sooners)
312 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Originally posted by Hlitner
Ok, this is the easiest question we have ever answered on CC. Without a doubt the best pizza at sea is to be found on Princess ships. They make the dough from scratch, use specially trained pizza cooks, its fresh, and wonderful. We say this having cruised on 12 differrent lines. There is a reason for the great pizza on Princess. Several years ago there was an Italian cruise line called Sitmar (we loved that line) that had real pizza parlors on all their ships (staffed with Italian cooks). When Princess bought out Sitmar they made a wise decision and decided to keep the pizza parlors (on the existing Sitmar ships). When they realized it was so darn popular they simply kept up the tradition.

Hank
Good to know... that is awesome! I do LOVE Carnival pizza though, and the cruise is way cheaper! I'm with you, though... WISE decision... that almost sounds awesome enough for me to book a Princess cruise... maybe when it's just me and a friend and not my whole family of 5! lol
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Northern Illinois
4,500 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
[quote=alwalaska;26176474]So far, the Sapphire Princess has had the best pizza for us. My favorite was the white pizza they had when we were going through Glacier Bay.

Why was it called white pizza? Was it made up of only white cheeses?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

3-99 Celebrity Century-Key West, Jamaica, Cozumel
4-03 Celebrity Century-San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Bahamas
1-04 RCL Serenade Of The Seas-San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten
2-05 RCI Vision Of The Seas-Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta
4-06 RCI Explorer Of The Seas-Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Grand Cayman
3-08 RCI Legend Of The Seas-Dominican Republic, St. Kitts, Guadloupe, Martinique, Barbados, St. Lucia
3-09 Celebrity Solstice-San Juan, St. kitts, St. Thomas, St. Maarten
3-10 Ruby Princess-10 Nt. Bahamas, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Dominica, Grenada, Curacao, Aruba
4-11 Celebrity Eclipse-Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Roatan, Honduras
4-12 RCI Allure Of The Seas-Bahamas, St. Thomas, St. Maarten
4-13 Celebrity Summit-San Juan, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten, St.Thomas
4-14 Celebrity Summit-8 Nt. Repo. San Juan PR-St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Tortola BVI, Bermuda, Bayonne, NJ
6-15 RCL Adventure Of The Seas-San Juan, St.Croix, St.Maarten, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados
4-16 Celebrity Equinox-11Nt. Cozumel, Columbia (overnight), Panama, Costa Rica, Grand Cayman

Trifecta Cruisers Charter Member
Antioch CA
26,038 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Originally posted by alwalaska
So far, the Sapphire Princess has had the best pizza for us. My favorite was the white pizza they had when we were going through Glacier Bay.

Least favorite was on the Sovereign of the Seas. I couldn't even finish one piece.

Hi Ann:

I agree - PRINCESS has the best pizza -
yummm... carol
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
....HOST CORKEY CAROL....

Diamond P L U S

PINK BOA CRUISER !!
Northern Illinois
4,500 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
What's the mosy important ingredient in a cruise ship pizza?

The crust? The Sauce? The toppings?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

3-08 RCI Legend Of The Seas-Dominican Republic, St. Kitts, Guadloupe, Martinique, Barbados, St. Lucia
3-10 Ruby Princess-10 Nt. Bahamas, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Dominica, Grenada, Curacao, Aruba
4-13 Celebrity Summit-San Juan, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten, St.Thomas
4-14 Celebrity Summit-8 Nt. Repo. San Juan PR-St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Tortola BVI, Bermuda, Bayonne, NJ
6-15 RCL Adventure Of The Seas-San Juan, St.Croix, St.Maarten, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados
4-16 Celebrity Equinox-11Nt. Cozumel, Columbia (overnight), Panama, Costa Rica, Grand Cayman

Dublin, Ohio
9,545 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Originally posted by Snorkel Dawg
What's the mosy important ingredient in a cruise ship pizza?

The crust? The Sauce? The toppings?
Sorry I missed your white pizza question earlier. Mabell is correct that is doesn't have any red sauce. It has something like a garlic butter in place of the red sauce and then a mix of cheeses.

For me, it is a mix of the crust, sauce, and toppings. I typically prefer this crusts, but there was just something so tasty about Princess' crusts that I didn't mind that they were thin.

Overall flavor is definitely the most important part for me.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ann
Pride of America, Hawaii - Feb 16, 2019 - Roll Call

PAST
Grand Princess, Mexican Riviera - Feb 16, 2018; Anthem of the Seas - May 20, 2017; Island Princess Feb 3-18, 2017 - Panama Canal Ocean to Ocean OneNote Planning File; NCL Spirit Feb 20, 2016 - Western Caribbean Photo Book Pre-Cruise; NCL Sun Dec 14, 2014 - Western Caribbean ; Norwegian Sun - Feb 13 - 24 - Southern Caribbean Photo book - 1st half Photo book - 2nd half ; Norwegian Dawn - B2B, Boston to Quebec City to Boston - Sept 27 - Oct 11, 2013 Trip Photos ; Norwegian Sky - Surprise Bahamas Trip - Oct 29 - Nov 2, 2012 Photo Book ; Norwegian Star - NYC to Bermuda May 13-20, 2012 ; Norwegian Spirit - Western Caribbean from NOLA - March 20-27, 2011 Pre-Cruise NOLA Photobook ; Norwegian Sky - Bahamas - March 29-April 2, 2010 Photo Book
Explorer of the Seas - Caribbean - March 15 - 27, 2009 ; Sovereign of the Seas - Bahamas-Aug 13-17, 2007 ; Sapphire Princess - Alaska - June 24-July 1, 2006 ; Disney Wonder - Bahamas - March 2004
Loves Park, IL
61 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Originally posted by jillmom2
definitely Princess....thin New York style pizza...then Disney and Carnival...
Thin? New York? That isn't pizza. Chicago Pan pizza, that's pizza!
Western NY state
411 Posts
Joined May 2004
I like the pizza on Carnival but I don't have anything to compare it to. I prefer a thicker crust. I have seen people eat NY style pizza who claim they like thin crust but then fold the pizza before they eat it. Isn't that like having a thicker crust pizza?
S.E.Michigan
196 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by ECV
Thin? New York? That isn't pizza. Chicago Pan pizza, that's pizza!

I agree with you only whne I am in Chicago..lol....but since no one outside of a 10 mile radius of chicago can do a good deep dish..its safer with thin style...hard to mess up (but some still do)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
American Hawaii Cruises - SS Independence Christmas/New Years '89-'90 -
Disney Magic February 2006 Eastern Caribbean
Caribbean Princess July, 2008 9day Eastern from NYC
Carnival Glory April, 2009 Spring Break Eastern
Carnival Glory April, 2011 Spring Break Eastern
Carnival Breeze October 2013 Nassau, OchoRios, Grand Turk
Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas April 2015 Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten
Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas May 2017 San Juan, St. Maarten, Labadie

Northern Illinois
4,500 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Do any cruise lines have breakfast pizza?

There is a frozen brand we love, it has sausage gravy on top of a thin crust, topped with egg & cheese, topped w/ sausage. Fresh out of da oven it's great. But if it sits very long...not too good cold
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Lancashire, UK
514 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by navybaby1113
I've only ever cruised Carnival, but I love their pizza. Load the plate up with fries and you have a delicious snack.
Sorento's pizza actally tasted of nothing..it was bizarre!...saved my waistline though
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming up....
P&O Ventura 05/2019 ~ Belgium/Amsterdam

Celebrity Silhouette 05//2018 ~ Baltics
Celebrity Solstice 05/2017 ~ Alaska
Celebrity Constellation 09/2016 ~ Italy, Croatia & Malta
Celebrity Silhouette 04/2016 ~ Scandinavia
Celebrity Solstice 09/2015 ~ Alaska
Celebrity Solstice 09/2014 ~ Alaska
Celebrity Reflection 09/2013 ~ Eastern Med
Celebrity Eclipse 06/2012 ~ Baltics
Independence of the Seas 08/2010 ~ Western Med
Grand Princess 07/2007 ~ Norway
58 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Originally posted by Snorkel Dawg
Hello Navy,

I've never cruised Carnival, only RCL, Celebrity, & most recently Princess.
Good to hear Carnival has great pizza too!

Here is a short video of the incredibly talented Pizza & pastry chef Antionio ("Tony" from Italy) aboard the Ruby this past March.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxVAHQm0RLg

I wish I had a couple slices of that for lunch right now!

I was on the CROWN Princess in 2006. I just watched your video and Antonio was on the Crown as a pastry chef and he made the pizza out by the pool. Hands down the best I've had on cruise ships by far.
Ontario, Canada
1,354 Posts
Joined May 2008
OMG Princess has the most amazing pizza! I love the Margarita Pizza! MMMM I wish I could pizza like that at home!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~Lauren
My Travel Blog ~ Justin Plus Lauren

Past Cruises:

MSC Divina - Holistic Holiday at Sea, 10 day roundtrip Miami, February 2018
Ruby Princess - California Coastal, 7 day roundtrip LA, November 2017
Fathom Adonia - Dominican Republic, 7 day roundtrip Miami, November 2016
Carnival Sensation - Caribbean, 5 day roundtrip Miami, April 2016
Caribbean Princess - Eastern Caribbean, 7 day roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale, March 2015

Emerald Princess - Southern Caribbean, 10 day roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale, Jan. 2014
Crown Princess - Western & Southern Caribbean, 14 day B2B roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale, Jan. 2012
Caribbean Princess - Southern Caribbean, 7 day roundtrip San Juan, Dec. 2008
Sun Princess - Southern Caribbean, 10 day roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale, Dec. 2006
Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean, 7 day roundtrip San Juan, Feb. 2006
Big Red Boat - Bahamas, 4 day roundtrip Fort Lauderdale, Spring 2000
New Jersey
255 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Originally posted by donaldsc
None of them. Some lines have bad pizza (actually most lines have bad pizza) and some (a few) have not so bad pizza but if you really like pizza, take a cruise to either Chicago or NYC.

FON
If I were physically FORCED to choose the best pizza on any cruiseline, it would be Princess, but the fact is that, like bagels, New York does it like nobody else.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Life is Short . . . Buy More Handbags
Dallas, TX
14 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by cb at sea
Fries and pizza????? At the same time????
Yes, Please.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Destiny - 1999 & 2000 Millenium Cruise
RCCL Voyager of the Seas - 2000 & 2001
Carnival Celebration - 2001
RCCL Explorer of the Seas - 2001 & 2002
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - 2002
RCCL Empress of the Seas - 2003
Carnival Conquest - November 2010
RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 2012
Carnival Victory - 2012