If you had to pick three grossest foods...

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:54 AM.
Michigan
7,870 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by schmoopie17
Creamy brains??? Excuse me while I make a dash for the bathroom. I won't even eat creamed corn.........
LOL Sorry to make you run for the bathroom!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Florida
27 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
I can't stand smushed up berries on things...they just look like blood clots to me. So many desserts have been ruined on cruise ships by the addition of the blood clot garnish. Also, oysters and clams look and taste gross!
Arizona (after escaping from Wisconsin)
763 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Originally posted by ehewell2000
I can't stand smushed up berries on things...they just look like blood clots to me. So many desserts have been ruined on cruise ships by the addition of the blood clot garnish. Also, oysters and clams look and taste gross!
In that case, I assume you're like me and don't like chunky salsa or chunks of tomatoes in spaghetti sauce. Now THOSE really look like blood clots...
763 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
While reading the "Cookies" thread on this board, I was reminded of another of my "grossest" foods...milk. The mere thought of having to choke down a full glass of milk makes me want to ...well, you get the idea. I'll never understand how the first person to ever drink milk looked at a cow's udder and said, "I want to drink what comes out of that thing."
Michigan
7,870 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
While reading the "Cookies" thread on this board, I was reminded of another of my "grossest" foods...milk. The mere thought of having to choke down a full glass of milk makes me want to ...well, you get the idea. I'll never understand how the first person to ever drink milk looked at a cow's udder and said, "I want to drink what comes out of that thing."
Humans are the only species to drink the milk of another species!

Edit: Do you eat cheese?? That comes from milk!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

London (still here)
223 Posts
Joined May 2010
Originally posted by BroncosFan2010

I didnt even thing about that.. hate milk, but love cheese!!LOL
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Excited to sail :

14th Nov 2016 Welcome to Jamrock Reggae Cruise - Independence of the Seas

Havent got anything else booked But still have a next cruise cert to use

Already Sailed:

1st April 2013 - Serenade of the Seas - U.A.E & Oman (Dubai Cruise)
22nd December 2012 (Xmas Cruise) - Independence of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean [Review w/ pics]
4th December 2010 - Navigator of the Seas - Western Caribbean
18th April 2010 - Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean
New Jersey
255 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
This is the funniest thread I have ever read on these boards.

I also hate anchovies and any organ meats. If I spot any pink or red chicken on my plate, it is all I can do to not get ill. Undercooked chicken: it literally destroys my appetite for hours .
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Life is Short . . . Buy More Handbags
763 Posts
Joined Oct 2004

Yes...I happen to love cheese (I'm from Wisconsin, after all...a dyed in the wool Cheesehead) but hate milk. I also love spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce and ketchup but I hate raw tomatoes. I also love cake, cookies and french toast but wouldn't eat an egg if a gun was held to my head. Go figure...
brooklyn ny
2,640 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Originally posted by GODIVA28
Oh thats easy...............Aubergines (egg plant), Okra (Bindi / Ladys Fingers) and broad beans. Awful slimey texture things. Makes me shudder just thinking about them.
Okra, Okra, and Okra! If you ever had MY eggplant parmigiana you would like it-not slimey at all!
Dundee Scotland
255 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Originally posted by THEWIFE
This is the funniest thread I have ever read on these boards.

I also hate anchovies and any organ meats. If I spot any pink or red chicken on my plate, it is all I can do to not get ill. Undercooked chicken: it literally destroys my appetite for hours .
I agree, this is a funny thread.

I also hate anchovies and mushrooms. Not liking mushrooms really limits your choice in the restaurant - sometimes it is not feasible to pick them out. Another dislike is cod roe - it just explodes in your mouth and all the eggs just float about and I am unable to swallow them! Gross.
Michigan
7,870 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by odettemcf
I didnt even thing about that.. hate milk, but love cheese!!LOL
So many of my favorite foods come from milk! Ice cream, whipped cream, mac and cheese, cheese, hot chocolate, milk chocolate, the list goes on and on!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

763 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Originally posted by SagaDame
Another dislike is cod roe - it just explodes in your mouth and all the eggs just float about and I am unable to swallow them! Gross.
WOW...that DOES sound gross! Almost sounds like something they used to make people eat on the old TV show, "Fear Factor"...where cow eyes, giant hissing cockroaches, bull testicles and other yummy things were featured regularly.
London (still here)
223 Posts
Joined May 2010
So many of my favorite foods come from milk! Ice cream, whipped cream, mac and cheese, cheese, hot chocolate, milk chocolate, the list goes on and on!

OMG - I love these too... but wouldnt drink half a glass of milk!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Excited to sail :

14th Nov 2016 Welcome to Jamrock Reggae Cruise - Independence of the Seas

Havent got anything else booked But still have a next cruise cert to use

Already Sailed:

1st April 2013 - Serenade of the Seas - U.A.E & Oman (Dubai Cruise)
22nd December 2012 (Xmas Cruise) - Independence of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean [Review w/ pics]
4th December 2010 - Navigator of the Seas - Western Caribbean
18th April 2010 - Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean
New Jersey
3,713 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Originally posted by SagaDame
Another dislike is cod roe - it just explodes in your mouth and all the eggs just float about and I am unable to swallow them! Gross.
YUCKERS!! I don't like that either.

I don't like organ meats, okra, or cilantro. Cilantro tastes like soap to me. If it's in fresh salsa, I'm okay as long as there's very little of it. Otherwise, I have to pass.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~Chrystal
Email Me Friend Me on FB (Please message me your screen name on CC)

Previous Cruises:
NCL Norwegian Crown-NYC to Bermuda (2006)
RCI Adventure S. Caribbean-Barbados Route (2009)

Complete Photo Reviews:
RCI Serenade S. Caribbean-Barbados Route (2010)
l Carnival Glory from Norfolk-Bahamas (2011) l RCI Serenade S. Caribbean-Aruba Route (2011) l RCI Liberty to Cozumel (2012) l Fort Lauderdale Pre-and-Post-Cruise l RCI Allure W. Caribbean-Babymoon (2012) l RCI Liberty to Cozumel-Baby's First Cruise (2014)

Up Next:
Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas, November 2016
Excellence Playa Mujeres, Mexico, March 2017 (Girls' Trip)
Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas, March 2017
Rome and Tuscany Land Tour, August 2017
Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas, August 2017
Excellence Playa Mujeres, Mexico, October 2017 (Couples' Trip)
Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas, January 2018

Travel Blog

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
~Mark Twain

Sarasota Florida
1,159 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Originally posted by faith413
YUCKERS!! I don't like that either.

I don't like organ meats, okra, or cilantro. Cilantro tastes like soap to me. If it's in fresh salsa, I'm okay as long as there's very little of it. Otherwise, I have to pass.

I'm with you on the Cilantro.... people used to think I was sooooo strange thinking it tasted like soap (dishwashing liquid, to be precise)....

Then I read that it is an actual genetic predisposition for a certain percentage of the population.... we can't help it...
One of my daughters loves cilantro, and the other one also thinks it tastes like soap... so apparently only one takes after me...

The same is true of brussels sprouts (which I LOVE)... there is a genetic reason that there are people who hate them.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
_______
/ / / / / /
Central Ohio
16,198 Posts
Joined May 2003
Originally posted by terigo
I'm with you on the Cilantro.... people used to think I was sooooo strange thinking it tasted like soap (dishwashing liquid, to be precise)....

Then I read that it is an actual genetic predisposition for a certain percentage of the population.... we can't help it...
One of my daughters loves cilantro, and the other one also thinks it tastes like soap... so apparently only one takes after me...

The same is true of brussels sprouts (which I LOVE)... there is a genetic reason that there are people who hate them.
Not fond of cilantro either. Also tastes like soap to me however hubby and rest of the family likes it.

Our entire family, from adults to grandchildren, love brussels sprouts.

Dianne
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
USASA - We were never there. That's our story and we're sticking to it.
Dundee Scotland
255 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
And chunks of tomatoes in spaghetti or chili look like blood clots
Was out for a meal last night and there was a side of chunky ketchup. Never realised how much it does look like blood clots. Still managed to eat most of it tho"
141 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Beetroot must come tops, followed by sprouts and chilli con carne, Gary Rhodes pea soup on Arcadia.

As for Liver and kidneys etc. love em, sliced heart dusted in flour and colman mustard powder then fried it's the best bit when you kill a pig.
Albuquerque, NM
7,673 Posts
Joined May 2003
Originally posted by terigo

As a biologist, I agree with you about the cilantro -- I can't get enough of it -- love, love cilantro, but dry coconut -- makes me gag instantly!! Can't do brussels sprouts either. Yikes on the egg plant too (I think this one is a texture thing??)

Enjoy!
Kel

Taste is much more complex than we ever imagined.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future Cruises: Celebrity Equinox (10/2018), RCL's Empress of the Seas (10/2018), RCL's Harmony of the Seas (10/2018), Adventure of the Seas (11/2018), HAL's Eurodam (12/2018), Cunard Victoria (WC, 02/2019), Cunard Queen Mary 2 (TA, 4/2019), MSC Meraviglia YC (11/2019), Crystal Symphony (11/2019), Celebrity Edge (11/2019), and HAL's Nieuw Statendam (12/2019).
----------------
Past Cruises:
Celebrity -- Horizon (‘93), Galaxy (‘97), Zenith (‘98), Constellation (‘02), Century (‘02), Millennium (‘03), Summit (‘04), Mercury (‘05), Galaxy (‘05), Century (‘06), Millennium (‘06) , Constellation (‘08), Constellation (‘08), Solstice (‘09), Solstice (‘10), Eclipse (‘11), Summit (‘11), Millennium (‘11), Silhouette ('12), Silhouette ('12), Silhouette ('13), Infinity ('13), Infinity ('13), Century ('13), Century ('14), Eclipse ('14), Reflection ('15), Equinox ('15), and the Equinox ('17) (29 cruises)
Holland America -- Veendam (‘03), Volendam (‘04), Zuiderdam (‘05), Westerdam (‘06), Maasdam (‘07), Maasdam (‘07), Westerdam (‘08), Maasdam (‘09), Nieuw Amsterdam (‘11), and the Westerdam ('16) (10 cruises)
Royal Caribbean -- Rhapsody of the Seas (‘01), Voyager of the Seas (‘02), Splendor of the Seas (‘02), Grandeur of the Seas (‘04), Vision of the Seas (‘04), Radiance of the Seas (‘09), Allure of the Seas ('12), Navigator of the Seas ('14), Anthem of the Seas ('15), and Liberty of the Seas ('18) (10 cruises)
NCL -- Starward (‘78), Norwegian Dream (‘95), Norweigan Sea (‘01), NCL Jewel ('15), NCL Jade ('16), Getaway ('17), Escape ('17), Pearl ('17), and the Pearl ('17) (9 cruises)
Princess -- Star Princess (‘03), Caribbean Princess (‘05), and the Golden Princess ('13) (3 cruises)
Azamara -- Journey (‘07) Oceania -- Regatta (‘09) Cunard -- Queen Mary 2 (‘10), and Queen Mary 2 ('13) MSC -- Seaside YC ('18)
Sitmar -- Fairsea (‘82)

(559 days total)