If you had to pick three grossest foods...

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:30 AM.
california
1,505 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Can't and won't eat rabbit or veal! Thumper and a baby cow....REALLY!?!?
Any creature that is looking up at me dead or alive. Love lobster but not if it is given to me on a plate in its full body form!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Florida
1,384 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Offal (liver/kidney mainly), although will eat haggis once in a while and love pate.

Raw Oysters, can't stand the texture.

Beetroot and bell peppers, any colour, they find their way into everything these days!

Hate coffee too, even the smell of it, I have to push my OH cup away from me at breakfast as it puts me right off.

( Love mushrooms, tomatoes (except for those gross tinned plum tomatoes that someone served me on toast once) and love anything in a shell just not oysters). I also love corriander/cilantro, apparently it is something in your genetics whether it tasted like soap or not, I love it raw and cooked and it has never tasted like soap to me, when I moved to the US and found it in stock cube form I was happy, now I can sneak it into everything as my OH doesn't like green bits in curry etc.
New Jersey
114 Posts
Joined Aug 2014
Originally posted by zoomerica
Well Haggis must certainly top the list,

Artichokes look like a weapon of destruction,

Finally... pickles. Just awful.

lol weapons of destruction. I'm over here dying.

Carnival Liberty December 2017
Carnival Liberty December 2016
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
New Jersey
114 Posts
Joined Aug 2014
I don't know if I don't like liver (never had it). I hate: okra, tripe, peas (yuck) and beans. I hate when there is beans in chili.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
368 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Originally posted by sultan_sfo
Tongue was on the menu. So this guy says -- "I don't want to eat anything that comes from the mouth of an animal. Give me boiled eggs."

That's priceless!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Fascination
Grand Princess
Adventure of the Seas
Norwegian Sea
Radiance of the Seas
Adventure of the Seas
Disney Dream
Norwegian Breakaway

Read a review of my Breakaway Cruise:
http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...=Boards_WAR_CC

Read a review of my Radiance Cruise:
http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...?EntryID=22993
368 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Originally posted by schmoopie17
Cool...another Seinfeld fan! Remember when Jerry wouldn't eat the pizza because Poppi didn't wash his hands after using the restroom? Speaking of gross things, that was pretty gross. Or when George wouldn't eat the pie because the cook poisoned it? Also pretty gross...
Or when George picked the donut out of the garbage and ate it?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Fascination
Grand Princess
Adventure of the Seas
Norwegian Sea
Radiance of the Seas
Adventure of the Seas
Disney Dream
Norwegian Breakaway

368 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Obviously late to this thread...what a roller coaster it was reading this--Abortion, Cat Feces, Vegemite, Cairo, Creamy Brains, Thumper....what a thread!

I'll eat just about anything...have eaten brains, cricket tacos, scorpions, etc

but things I don't like:
1) Raw Tomato--looks like it's in a larva stage--jelly, seeds, arrgghhh
2) By extension V8....why the heck would anyone drink this or tomato juice for that matter
3) Baked Alaska....I always try it since it's a cruise staple, but never like it...i'll keep trying though...an optimist's life is never easy!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Fascination
Grand Princess
Adventure of the Seas
Norwegian Sea
Radiance of the Seas
Adventure of the Seas
Disney Dream
Norwegian Breakaway

Atlanta, GA
1,746 Posts
Joined Apr 2014
I started reading this thread just for the fun of it, and wow, some people are very picky eaters... Variety is the spice of life. I am willing to at least try anything. There's not really anything that I can list that I wont eat...
4 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
Originally posted by schmoopie17
Eggs (any style). First of all, think about where eggs come from. And the yellow, runny yolk also looks like snot (I sense a theme here). Plus, they taste nasty. I'll never understand how anyone can eat an egg without vomiting it right up. Don't get me started on eggs benedict.

There's my list (and trust me, I have a lot more than three)...

I feel you! Especially scrambled eggs at a buffet (whether hotel or cruise ship) it always looks terrible
384 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
Black Sausage! I tried it in the breakfast buffet.

I almost had convulsions and immediately spit it up. Nastiest tasting stuff I ever tried to eat in my life. The people in the next table were laughing at me. I've never had it before and had no idea it is filled with blood.

That garbage should just be used for strange religous rituals - keep it out of the breakfast buffet!

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Alberta
147 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Originally posted by crooooze
Black Sausage! I tried it in the breakfast buffet.

That garbage should just be used for strange religous rituals - keep it out of the breakfast buffet!

Sent from my iPad using Forums
I literally had tears laughing at this! I would have to agree also.

I can't do pate, liver, tartar, or oysters. And eggs. I am willing to try most things at least once. But maybe not the black sausage.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Crown Princess - Caribbean - March 2018
Land Vacation - Nova Scotia - April 2017
Land Vacation - Nova Scotia - August 2016
Land Vacation - Australia - April 2015
Land Vacation - Newfoundland - August 2014
Emerald Princess - Caribbean - April 2013
Golden Princess - Alaska - June 2012
Vancouver
202 Posts
Joined May 2014
This was hard for me to pin down, because I really do love most foods when they’re prepared correctly. I will try almost anything once, and seek out new food experiences. These items I would avoid and they would likely be found on a cruise.

1. Cottage Cheese. It being called a cheese is so insulting to cheeses of the world.

2. Raw slices of plum . I think many people already had this on their list. Grocery store are rather tasteless and the texture puts me off. As an ingredient though, the Italians know how to use it.

3. Liver. I grew up in an English family and we had it every week. Probably not optimally cooked by my mum, but that acrid metallic taste haunts me. I’m not sure if any US based cruises serve it, but I would imagine some European lines do. A reason to avoid those...

Bon appetit!

Vancouver
202 Posts
Joined May 2014
Originally posted by sid_9169
I started reading this thread just for the fun of it, and wow, some people are very picky eaters... Variety is the spice of life. I am willing to at least try anything. There's not really anything that I can list that I wont eat...

Really? Even when you try super hard you can’t even think of one thing? I agree that coming up with three is hard, but give us one. Please? How about a mild dislike?

Indiana
162 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
All these tomato haters and no one has said passion fruit! Lord, how can anyone scoop that goo out with a spoon and eat it?? Can't even stand to look at it.

But really, any tropical fruit is disgusting to me: papaya (plus that weird feeling that your mucous membranes are being digested by the papain), mango, and BANANAS as stated by a couple of posters above. And pineapple and coconut.

Cottage cheese, after I was traumatized by it in preschool 50 years ago.

Pudding, custard, and especially flan. And please don't even think about lumpy puddings like tapioca and raisin.

Diane