Any word on how Noordam is doing after the deep cleaning?

dbird

I know Noordam had a deep cleaning before one of it's recent cruises to try to address the Noro issue. Any word on how it has been. I really don't want to open the whole Noro discussion again :D just wondering. I am leaving on my honeymoon on her soon so I am just keeping an eye on it.

I know Noordam had a deep cleaning before one of it's recent cruises to try to address the Noro issue. Any word on how it has been. I really don't want to open the whole Noro discussion again :D just wondering. I am leaving on my honeymoon on her soon so I am just keeping an eye on it.

Not to cause you any more angst than necessary but what has happened on a ship the cruise or several cruises before has little effect on what might happen the next cruise. A few years ago we were on the Volendam and had no outbreaks of norovirus or at least not enough to be mentioned or any special procedures invoked. The very next cruise was absolutely hammered with a massive outbreak. I don't remember the exact number but it was well over 100 cases.

CDC shows nothing since the beginning of August. Other Vancouver ships were having the GI issues- was never officially Norovirus- CDC site shows "unknown" cause.. My guess was someone or multiple someones working the terminal passed it or from one of the food suppliers to all of the ships. Evidently It has apparently been contained and stopped