On Silhouette now [emoji41]

Ladesign

Currently on sil. Staff are the best ever - really friendly , even the restaurant & bar Managers are working and helping staff when busy and interacting with guests

shame that the Cruise Director Ms Denning spoils it with her patronising attitude and Holiday camp style

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

shame that the Cruise Director Ms Denning spoils it with her patronising attitude and Holiday camp style

I don't know what camp style means, but we found that there is no cruise director that spends more time interacting with passengers than Sue Denning. We will always put her at the top of the Celebrity list of cruise directors. There are some CDs that appear funny, have cute socks but will flick you off if you try to talk to them. We all have our favourites but we will always have the fondest of memories of the times we cruised with Sue.

Does anyone know if Sue will be on Silhouette in January. Our first sailing on her. Never sailed with Sue. For sure each CD has a style, manner. I forget one we loved many years ago on Celebrity. I think his name was Ken. He did jokes that were corner. He called them 'groaners'. He left for another cruise line. He could sing very well too.

I have never had a CD ruin a cruise. Hope you don't either!

I don't know what camp style means, but we found that there is no cruise director that spends more time interacting with passengers than Sue Denning. We will always put her at the top of the Celebrity list of cruise directors. There are some CDs that appear funny, have cute socks but will flick you off if you try to talk to them. We all have our favourites but we will always have the fondest of memories of the times we cruised with Sue.

Hi Arno totally agree with you, cruises directors like Sue and John Grantham are few and far between. Some can keep their silly phrases and socks give me someone who cares about the passengers and shows it.

There really is no need to be negative and insulting to Sue.

Liz

Hi Arno totally agree with you, cruises directors like Sue and John Grantham are few and far between. Some can keep their silly phrases and socks give me someone who cares about the passengers and shows it.

There really is no need to be negative and insulting to Sue.

Liz

Like you just have been to the one with the socks and those who use catchphrases?

We just go off Silhouette in September and absolutely LOVED Sue Denning and her sense of humour - and she seemed to be so genuine and caring with every person she talked to. We even stayed at the end of the shows just to see what crazy thing she would say each night lol. I would love to sail with her again. I guess to each his own.

Since you love to derail other threads with this topic, have you yet taken the time to tell the staff that you are removing your auto gratuities and not planning to pay anything additional for their service?

Sue Denning is the best cruise director we have ever met. She is friendly, approachable, and seems to really enjoy her job. She is not patronizing as you have suggested. I think she works harder and with more enthusiasm than many cruise directors who are half her age.

Yes, according to another site, this is correct. And I've seen the pic of the "daily" with him on it.

Awesome to hear Captain George has indeed returned. :hearteyes: He was fabulous on our sailings on the Century and I'll be researching Silhouette cruises.

Since you love to derail other threads with this topic, have you yet taken the time to tell the staff that you are removing your auto gratuities and not planning to pay anything additional for their service?

removed the autograts first day -no issues/questions.

Awesome to hear Captain George has indeed returned. :hearteyes: He was fabulous on our sailings on the Century and I'll be researching Silhouette cruises.

yes the captain is george-see him occasionally walking round the boat , doesn’t stop to talk with anyone as other Captains often do. Very clear factual announcements

F&B Director , Demir, seems to be everywhere always interacting as is the GRM John and the Hotel Director

yes the captain is george-see him occasionally walking round the boat , doesn’t stop to talk with anyone as other Captains often do. Very clear factual announcements

F&B Director , Demir, seems to be everywhere always interacting as is the GRM John and the Hotel Director

Hmmm....He was very personable on the Century but maybe he's changed or just doesn't know anyone. He was very approachable from our experience.

Amazing how we all have different opinions of cruise directors. I remember when SD was on Eclipse and we didnt really care for her. On Equinox recently you have Richard [Rich[] Spacey who really does love himself.........PS I love you [cringe].

• 3 weeks later...
Most people really like Sue. I do. Some don’t which is fine. Some don’t and come back here time and time again to say the same thing and put her down. This says more to me about the posters doing that than it does Sue's perceived attitude to others.

I was really pleased to have had Sue Denning as the cruise director recently. Even if I hadn't liked her, what's the point of moaning about it on here? You can't chose your cruise director in advance.

I was really pleased to have had Sue Denning as the cruise director recently. Even if I hadn't liked her, what's the point of moaning about it on here? You can't chose your cruise director in advance.

by the same logic what is the point of coming on here and saying how wonderful a CD is?