My Hapag-Lloyd Europa 2 Post 2017 Refit Ship Tour Video

Garybem

GHDwDrxesm8

The Europa 2 is rated so highly on CruiseCritic and also in various books on cruising and so was keen to see why everyone raves. I was on the ship shortly after it went through its 2017 refit dry dock.

Is this a ship you would consider cruising on???

GHDwDrxesm8

The Europa 2 is rated so highly on CruiseCritic and also in various books on cruising and so was keen to see why everyone raves. I was on the ship shortly after it went through its 2017 refit dry dock.

Is this a ship you would consider cruising on???

Saw it on Quest 'Mighty Cruise Ships' UK TV 2 nights ago - presumably after the refit. Drop dead gorgeous! I WOULD cruise on her - trouble is, I'd need to sell my body to pay the fare. Apparently the average fare for a Mediterranean Cruise 7 day cruise was $6,000 - and at $2 a time, I'd be dead long before I had the cruise fare saved :D:D

In all seriousness, the Europa 2 is in a different league in just about every measure - size, comfort, service quality attention to detail etc; the TV programme mentioned more than once, ' ... at these prices customers expect everything to be perfect and it is (Head Chef/Director of Excursions etc) job to make sure that it is ...'

Perhaps it is just a little TOO perfect - I'd be afraid to breathe in case I inhaled when I should exhale; and, of course, how would you cope with return to the cruise experience of a mere mortal?

We're off on a 46 nights Caribbean & Cuba cruise next week, sailing from Tilbury, East London. Then 5 weeks back on dry land before a 20 day cruise Santiago -Buenos Aires where we can enjoy stunning scenery and architecture - less damaging to the waistline than all those 5 & 7 course meals ... But if some kind soul wants to commission me to undertake a 'compare and contrast' report of these cruises against a Europa 2 cruise, I could probably squeeze it into my schedule ... (fade to dreamy music attend of broadcast ....).

Saw it on Quest 'Mighty Cruise Ships' UK TV 2 nights ago - presumably after the refit. Drop dead gorgeous! I WOULD cruise on her - trouble is, I'd need to sell my body to pay the fare. Apparently the average fare for a Mediterranean Cruise 7 day cruise was $6,000 - and at $2 a time,

It is an expensive option!!! They told me that it works out for at least 600 Euros per person per day on average for the starting cabin (the verandah one on the video. So you do need to really want to splash out. Though anyone I know who has been on it raves.... Hard call!???

Thanks for watching the video and love you taking time to leave thoughts. Your upcoming cruise sounds awesome!!!

Gary

It is an expensive option!!! They told me that it works out for at least 600 Euros per person per day on average for the starting cabin (the verandah one on the video. So you do need to really want to splash out. Though anyone I know who has been on it raves.... Hard call!???

Thanks for watching the video and love you taking time to leave thoughts. Your upcoming cruise sounds awesome!!!

Gary

Elaine and I much prefer the simpler life! Winter storm threats have caused us to abandon our original plan which was to disembark at Tilbury after the first cruise and then catch the Cross Channel Ferry to spend Xmas & New Year in our French hovel (woodstove with coffee pot on top and daily walks to watch the buzzards hunting and red squirrels foraging). We then proposed to hop back on the Ferry and drive to LHR to catch the plane for Santiago.

We had problems with flights and Ferry connections last year and it's just not worth the risk of being on one side of the Channel and wondering whether the plane above is the one we should have been on ... Summer will see us doing more of the hovel renovations and then taking our Trailer Tent to French Municipal Camping Sites (we pay an average of about £14 per night for 2 adults and electricity) where we slob around in shorts and t-shirts and exercise by walking to the local boulangerie to fetch fresh bread and pastries ...

Wee bonus for 2018, though. The 2nd Stage of the Tour de France passes less than 600 metres from our hovel so it'll be 4-5 hours sat on a camping stool waiting for the 45-50 seconds passing of the Peloton :).

It's hardly the Europa 2 lifestyle is it? :D

• 1 month later...