Equinox - Best place to eat with passengers in different classes

pearldentist

24 days until I get to sail with Celebrity for the first time! My husband and I will be in Aqua and we are traveling with family who are either in a suite or a standard cabin. We will be traveling over the holidays, so of course we would like to dine together for a meal or two during our 7 night cruise. Where would you recommend? Luminae or specialty? Eat for free in oceanview?

Let me know your thoughts!! So much appreciated!! :cool:

24 days until I get to sail with Celebrity for the first time! My husband and I will be in Aqua and we are traveling with family who are either in a suite or a standard cabin. We will be traveling over the holidays, so of course we would like to dine together for a meal or two during our 7 night cruise. Where would you recommend? Luminae or specialty? Eat for free in oceanview?

To the best of my knowledge, suite passengers dine in Luminae; Aqua in Blu; Standard? in Main or Select dining. Doesn't seem Suite or Aqua can invite their family/guests to their respective restaurants. May be the best choice to book Main or Select for the whole gang offsetting with Specialty dining booked ahead to accommodate all of your group and reservation timing. Have fun....family cruises are great when your work out the logistics.

Really a waste to pay extra for Blu and eat in MDR every night.

Likewise, speciality restaurants are no cheaper for suite and Aqua people, who've already paid extra for their restaurants.

IMHO, it's better to book the same category for a family if they want to eat together every night. But it's too late for the OP. :-(.

I'd go for standard class plus speciality dining if the total cost is no more expensive than Aqua - or even a little more.

Stuart

Suite guests, on a space available basis & prearranged can have others join them in Luminae for a fee.

Suite guests can dine in Blu on a space available,

All can dine in the MDR in Select dining, however I would try and set this up as soon as I got on the ship. As undoubtedly there will be a lot of families onboard and probably like you in different accommodations.

Speciality restaurants and the buffet are available to everyone,

We were upgraded for free to Aqua Class, otherwise we would have been in a standard balcony room. So even though it may be a little more hassle to us to make arrangements for a family dinner, I certainly can't complain

I think Luminae would be a good option, so that just those not in a suite will pay a fee. Does anyone know the fee? I have seen the price range from $50-$30 on this site. I believe I saw someone say the price went down, but I cannot cite my sources

And I assume making these Luminae arrangements should be done first thing while aboard the ship? Especially if we would like to dine on Christmas or Christmas Eve.

Another thought... How many people can one suite fit for a dinner? I have seen on this site that suites can have a table set up inside for private dining and order from the MDR menu, but is there enough room in the suites to have guests over for dinner?

If you all want to eat as a group here are your options:

All dine together in the MDR

Dine in Luminae by arrangement with the staff for $30 per head for those not staying in a suite

Blu is out because it is exclusively reserved for AQ class guests

Dine in one of the other Specialty restaurants for the fee for the particular restaurant

Dine in the Oceanview Cafe

I think if it were me and for a couple of nights I’d probably dine in the MDR together one night and one of the Specialties on another and pick that according to what your group would like to eat.

Phil

I think Luminae would be a good option, so that just those not in a suite will pay a fee. Does anyone know the fee? I have seen the price range from $50-$30 on this site. I believe I saw someone say the price went down, but I cannot site my sources

$30 for dinner, $20 for lunch and $10 for breakfast.

Phil

We had a similar dilemma recently. One couple was in a suite, and the other two couples had veranda cabins. The six of us booked a three-dinner specialty restaurant package prior to the cruise, which allowed us to dine together those nights. Those of us in veranda cabins dined together most of the remaining nights. Of course, the couple in a suite could have joined us in the MDR, but they opted for the less frenetic ambiance of Luminae or Blu. We also sometimes had breakfast or lunch together, and participated in various activities together.