A question about Carnival Roll Call area ~

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here!
Ask Your Message Board Questions Here
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:25 PM.
Orlando, FL
10,166 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
True, it is no big deal at all, but I'm simply curious why the Carnival Cruise Line roll call area continues to have the ships listed in the order it does.

All of the current ships have had the name 'Carnival' in front of the individual ship name for quite some time. If those Fantasy-class ships were also listed that way, it would create one perfectly alphabetical roster.

The remaining roll calls for Holiday and Celebration could also go away. Some future passengers are accidentally posting there for the Bahamas Celebration sailings (an entirely different line).

Again, just curious why.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Don
110 Cruises - - NCL Platinum Plus / DCL Platinum / CCL Diminished Milestone/ RCI Platinum
Upcoming : 2017: Carnival Liberty (Halloween in Bahamas); Norwegian Epic #10 (Western); 2018: Norwegian Epic #11 (Eastern), Plus 4 more in 2018, and 1 in 2019

. . . . CCL: It is what it is.
Orlando, FL
10,166 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Well, alrighty then . . .

24 hours, and 220 viewings later, it's obvious I'm the only curious one on this subject. Sorry.

Got the same reaction when I asked the same from two hosts/moderators about a year and a half ago.

Moving on . . .
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Don
110 Cruises - - NCL Platinum Plus / DCL Platinum / CCL Diminished Milestone/ RCI Platinum
Upcoming : 2017: Carnival Liberty (Halloween in Bahamas); Norwegian Epic #10 (Western); 2018: Norwegian Epic #11 (Eastern), Plus 4 more in 2018, and 1 in 2019

Northern VA
3,223 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Originally posted by DGP1111
Well, alrighty then . . .

24 hours, and 220 viewings later, it's obvious I'm the only curious one on this subject. Sorry.

Got the same reaction when I asked the same from two hosts/moderators about a year and a half ago.

Moving on . . .

Ok I will stick my opinion out there...

I think its because of the corporate brand. The correct official name is "Carnival XXXX"

Its sort of like Lego brick not wanting to be called "Lego's" but Lego building bricks, or just Lego Bricks.

Just my 2 cents worth... Keep the change if its overvalued

Why some don't have the Carnival name I don't know....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
No matter where you go, there you are - BB
Sapere aude -QHF

Cruise History:
BC7 2-16-14 Sunshine * B2B 10-10-13 Victory * 7-21-13 Pride * 1-19-13 Breeze * 11-24-12 Breeze * 9-2-12 Pride * 12-4-11 Miracle (FF) * 2-5-2011 Ecstasy (Crazies) *11-06-2010 Dream (Crazie's) * 9-18-2010 Fantasy (Stowaway Freddy) * 04-11-2010 Carnival Pride * 09-06-2009 Carnival Pride
Merrill, Michigan
5,573 Posts
Joined Apr 2000
That's a good question because on the Carnival site http://www.carnival.com/FunShips.aspx they list all of their ships with "Carnival" in front of the name.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dick
"To Sea or Not To Sea"
~~^~~Sea Ya!~~^~~
Carnival Destiny 02-28-99
Carnival Victory 02-24-01
Carnival Conquest 02-09-03
Carnival Glory 02-19-05
Adventure of the Seas 03-09-08 (Never Again )
Carnival Dream 02-19-2011
Carnival Freedom 02-23-2013 (Best One Yet)
Carnival Victory 02-16-15
Carnival Liberty 02-22-15
Carnival Conquest 02-04-2017
Carnival Paradise 10-09-2017
Carnival Horizon 02-23-2019
Phila. PA
19,840 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
maybe nobody went back and updated the listings. When I had a little website going it was hard to stay up with all the updates. With the size of CC maybe it was just overlooked.

Bill
7,177 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by S.S.Oceanlover
maybe nobody went back and updated the listings. When I had a little website going it was hard to stay up with all the updates. With the size of CC maybe it was just overlooked.

Bill
Or they just don't care.
Orlando, FL
10,166 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
I'll go with that final answer, which is probably most appropriate.

Thanks, and happy crusing all!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Don

Louisiana
2,197 Posts
Joined May 2008
DGP: you got a better response at least than I did when I once asked why Carnival spells Verandah deck one way on the deck plan and as Veranda in other signage
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

~Theresa~

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean - 11/08
Carnival Triumph - Cozumel - 4/10
Carnival Triumph - Key West and Bahamas - 12/10
Carnival Dream - Western Caribbean - 1/12
Carnival Conquest - Key West and Bahamas - 5/12
RCI Navigator of the Seas - Western Caribbean - 11/12
RCI Allure of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean - 10/13
Carnival Dream - Western Caribbean - 10/14
Carnival Conquest - Eastern Caribbean - 10/15
Orlando, FL
10,166 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Admittedly still a very "low priority" observation, but even more than a year later I'm still personally curious about the ship order of the Carnival fleet listed in the Roll Call area.

Also somewhat interesting are the subjects of roll call posts under the former ship Celebration, and the continued listing of Holiday.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Don

Buckeye State
5,632 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
Originally posted by DGP1111

Also somewhat interesting are the subjects of roll call posts under the former ship Celebration, and the continued listing of Holiday.
If you check the other roll calls you will see most of the ships that were transferred to other lines, still listed under their original cruise line
Orlando, FL
10,166 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Originally posted by golfadj
Ask a moderator.
Oh, I did.
Got a rather condescending reply at mach speed.
Again, it's not an issue by any means, just curiosity.

Originally posted by MarathonRunner94
If you check the other roll calls you will see most of the ships that were transferred to other lines, still listed under their original cruise line
Thanks Yep, that's probably the case as well, but just odd that in the past year, none of the roll call posts for Celebration had anything to do with that ship, or even Carnival, at all.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Don

La Marque, TX
10,142 Posts
Joined May 2005
Howdy everyone! Welcome to the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum!

Per the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free membership, another Host/Moderator moved this thread to this forum. It was off-topic on the previous forum since it did not pertain to cruising and contained questions, comments & concerns about Cruise Critic management policies, procedures or site feedback. However, it is an off-topic discussion here too.

This is the forum where members find the "How to ..." type of information such as avatars, signatures, countdown clocks or tickers, thread subscriptions, etc. We have numerous Stickies here for the commonly asked questions. Note the Sticky in the top of this forum titled I need to contact the Community Manager, where do I send my email? at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1150596.

From the Forum Registration Agreement everyone agrees to when registering for membership:

... If you have any questions about how our community is moderated, please address them to our Community Manager via e-mail at [email protected]. Please do not post on the boards...

Per our Community Manager LauraS in the Who Are We? section in FAQ:

... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Community Manager
Cruise Critic
[email protected]

An e-mail to the Community Manager LauraS at [email protected] is the correct process for all members to have their questions, comments & concerns about Cruise Critic management policies, procedures or site feedback sent to the correct place. It is impossible for the Manager to read each post on each thread to see the questions, comments or concerns. Therefore, posting them on the message board does not help. It violates the Guidelines and anyone doing so runs the risk of losing their posting privileges. Note the following in the Management of this Community section in the Guidelines:

Discussion of our management policies and procedures -- including post deletions-- is considered off-topic discussion for our cruise boards and will be removed without notice...

As for the Hosts/Moderators, we are not management or employed by Cruise Critic. We are non-paid volunteers trying to help "direct traffic" by following the Moderator Handbook given to us by LauraS. See the following in the Who are Hosts? The Community Manager? section in FAQ:

...The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Hosts. You may contact the Community Manager at: [email protected]

Please note, in the newer FAQ sections added with the last system update, you will find references to certain options or features not in use at this time.

[IMG]http://skins.***********/skins/mailskins/em/082502/082502btw_prv.gif[/IMG], all e-mails sent to LauraS from your Cruise Critic e-mail address of record are answered in the order received. Be sure to mention your user name. With 733,327 members as I type this reply and e-mails being received 24/7 from all over the world, please be patient for any reply or action.

And now, instead of removing this off-topic thread discussing management policies and procedures as instructed, I am closing the thread so this reply can be seen.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful to all!
Kat [IMG]http://skins.***********/skins/mailskins/em/110105/110105_emYA42_prv.gif[/IMG]
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise Critic Host
Being happy does not mean everything is perfect. It means you have decided to look beyond the imperfections.
.................................................. ..
1988 Commodore Caribe I, 1996 Commodore Enchanted Isle, 1998 Carnival Sensation, 2000 Celebrity Century, 2001 Carnival Celebration, 2002 Carnival Jubilee, 2004 Carnival Glory, 2005 Royal Caribbean International Rhapsody of The Seas, 2007 Carnival Conquest, 2010 Celebrity Infinity, 2011 Carnival Conquest, 2011 Celebrity Summit, 2014 Carnival Sensation, 2015 Carnival Triumph, 2016 Carnival Liberty, 2017 Carnival Valor