Anyone recently eaten at Luminae on Reflection

cruiseerf

As Reflection has double the amount of suites of any other solstice class vessel and Luminae is exactly the same size as on the other ships (Yes, It is) has anyone experienced slower service or cold food as of late? We had problems on a previous cruise and will be returning. I was wondering if they had somehow gotten past this?

Thank you in advance

I am going to find out soon enough, getting on board today. The crowds and wait in Luminae is what I like least about Reflection.

Previous Reflection cruise we couldn't get a table for 4 at 7 or 7:30, they said come at 8 and then we still weren't seated until 8:30. I can understand 7 being a busy time, but they almost need to make Luminae on this ship 2 fixed seating to accommodate everyone - or extend free specialties to more suites.

We sailed on the Reflection TA in Oct. 2017 and again this month on the Mar. 2 sailing to the Caribbean. Luminae was busier on the TA, but we never had to wait more than a few minutes, and the food served was never cold. On the Caribbean cruise Luminae didn’t seem to be as busy, but since we had a dining package we weren’t there every evening.

The problems with Luminae, in part, have to do with the fact that 7-7:30 pm is the most popular dining time, and when you add groups of friends to the equation (we've seen as many as 10 people at one table on a B2B!) it adds to the congestion and extended waiting times. The Maitre D's now usually ask groups to eat at either 6:30 or 8:00 pm to help alleviate the problem. Usually there's just the 2 of us for dinner and we haven’t had any problems.

Never had any problems either last time of Reflection Oct 2017, food always hot and champers chilled. We eat early'ish because of health issues and they reserved the same window table for us every evening, Dominik our waiter was a gem. Hope it's the same in May.

Miro by far was the best waiter we’ve ever had. Not the most bubbly outgoing guy but he was excellent. They should have him train other staff. On reflection it was kind of crowded (I believe 111 or so suites with access vs less than half that on other Solstice Class ships) but you can always walk up I believe at 7:00 and they’ll call you at michaels club when your table is ready. Looking forward to trying Luminae on Equinox in a few weeks.

We were on the Reflection in September, and only waited once for a table for 2. We did a table for 4 a couple of times, and ate when we wanted (I think we did a same day reservation for that).

The wait on the 2 top was a combination of a port day that ended at 7 and we didn't like any of the tables there were available when we arrived. The hostess sent us to Michael's Club and said she'd come and get us. About 30 minutes later the Concierge said our table was ready, so we headed down to a great table.

Again, the wait was our choice.

As Reflection has double the amount of suites of any other solstice class vessel and Luminae is exactly the same size as on the other ships (Yes, It is) has anyone experienced slower service or cold food as of late? We had problems on a previous cruise and will be returning. I was wondering if they had somehow gotten past this?

Thank you in advance

Actually the Reflection Luminae it is just slightly larger, but I do not an exact count. Since there are a significant number of more suites on the Reflection, your point is valid. I found the Luminae to be busier on the Reflection especially at around 7:45 PM. The service was still very good. The Silhouette is my favorite Solstice Class ship. The Reflection is my least favorite due to the increased number of suites and the smaller Sky Lounge.

• 5 months later...
We are looking at the April 12, 2019 sailing on the reflection. I read that Michael's Club is being changed to a beer menu. We enjoy our Vodka Martinis. Has anyone seen the change?

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/12027595_CEL_MichaelsClub_Enancements_Flyer.pdf

The flyer you are referencing was produced in June 2014. The beer thing has been and gone....There is still a good beer selection in Michaels and they will find anything you desire if it is on the ship.