Anyone else have cc issues with Viator?

i used Viator to book several people on the train excursion fron Dunedin. Today my sisters card company called her about another charge on her card that I did not make nor did she. It was to Joyride, Port Chalmers? Anyone else have a problem like this? Thank you very much, just want to get to the bottom of this.

i used Viator to book several people on the train excursion fron Dunedin. Today my sisters card company called her about another charge on her card that I did not make nor did she. It was to Joyride, Port Chalmers?
They said they only had one transaction and that was for the train? And there was a $35 charge on her card.
I'm a bit confused by this. You say that you booked with Viator, so I don't immediately understand what this has to do with your sister's credit card. Unless you used your sister's card to book with Viator?

If you used your own card to book with Viator, and you didn't give your sister's card details to Viator, it's difficult to see how Viator can have had anything to do with the charge to your sister's card. Viator would never have had that card number.

If you booked using your sister's card, is the charge in relation to the train correct and for the expected number of people and the expected amount? Does it match with the receipt that Viator gave you? Have you checked the Viator receipt to see whether some other purchase was accidentally included in your basket when you checked out?

Yes, as I said in original post, I made several reservations using each couples cc for their booking. I used my sisters card for her booking, then her card was used to purchase something?, from a software store for $35. She was informed by the fraud dept. from her card company, when I called Viator to question the charge, they said they showed nothing except the charge for her train reservation? So, who made the charge?

Yes, as I said in original post, I made several reservations using each couples cc for their booking.
Actually, your OP didn't say that, so thank you for the clarification.

I used my sisters card for her booking, then her card was used to purchase something?, from a software store for $35. She was informed by the fraud dept. from her card company, when I called Viator to question the charge, they said they showed nothing except the charge for her train reservation? So, who made the charge?
And the question I asked above was: "If you booked using your sister's card, is the charge in relation to the train correct and for the expected number of people and the expected amount?"

Yes, as I said in original post, I made several reservations using each couples cc for their booking. I used my sisters card for her booking, then her card was used to purchase something?, from a software store for $35. She was informed by the fraud dept. from her card company, when I called Viator to question the charge, they said they showed nothing except the charge for her train reservation? So, who made the charge?

A hacker? Someone stole the credit card information and used it. It has happened to me. They were charging several items all on the East Coast ... but only $1 or $5 ... testing the card. Fraud dept. called me and grilled me about the charges and STATED "But you ARE on the East Coast, correct"? I said NO ... I live in Idaho and am presently, physically in CA for a few months. Someone at a store or a restaurant got my info. It was caught, card closed and new one issued. Easy peasy.

Your sister can tell Cr Card company it is a fraud charge and it will be resolved.

Nothing you stated means Viator took the Cr Card info. & used it.

I used Viator last week or earlier this week for a tour in Canada. Only the tour charge is on my Cr Card ... but I look at and monitor all of my banking info. daily.

You are on a public forum asking for help. My first reaction to your post was confusion and that many things didn't make sense. You were not clear and left out critical information so others could understand what you were asking, what actually had happened, and what possible reasons/solutions could be offered.

Now you are also getting testy, a bit argumentative and sarcastic. May not bode well here on CC. Just a heads up.

You are on a public forum asking for help. My first reaction to your post was confusion and that many things didn't make sense. You were not clear and left out critical information so others could understand what you were asking, what actually had happened, and what possible reasons/solutions could be offered.

Now you are also getting testy, a bit argumentative and sarcastic. May not bode well here on CC. Just a heads up.

I'm sorry if anyone thought I was being testy or rude, that was never my intention. Just curious if anyone else had a fraudulent charge on their card after booking with Viator.

I'm sorry if anyone thought I was being testy or rude, that was never my intention. Just curious if anyone else had a fraudulent charge on their card after booking with Viator.

You don't actually have any evidence that the charge has been caused by the booking with Viatour. Its likely simply a coincidence. And as with any credit card issues - the only solution is to do a charge back on the credit card and let the issuing company deal with it.