Kettles

capegirl

Is there a kettle in Britannia cabin on QE?

On the tray in the cabin to add, they have regular & decaf coffee tubes, tea bags with sugar & powder creamer and hot chocolate packages. Hot chocolate is very good! We also had several packages of cookies and biscuits on the beverage tray that is also supplied.

We also took additional supplies from the Kings Court Beverage Area to keep on hand in the cabin.

Our room also supplied a large bottle of water to use in the kettle. Not to use the cabin water from the bathroom tap.

Bon Voyage

We've never had " powder creamer and hot chocolate packages" on any of the ships. The milk has always been in liquid form. At first it was in little tubs but then they changed to tubes. And we've only ever had coffee or tea, never hot chocolate. But you can get this from the buffet.

The water from the tap in the bathroom is safe and drinkable either as water or in kettle to use as tea/coffee.

In Club Britannia, the stewardess supplied us thru out our sailing bottled water for the specific use with the kettle. We were instructed to avoid using the bathroom faucet water because it can cause a problem with the bottom of the kettle and they would have boil it out. These are the instructions we were advised and all worked out well.

It does give a cleaner taste to the hot beverage.

The bottled water was not for drinking. We were advised about purchasing water for drinking off the beverage purchase list.

We've never had " powder creamer and hot chocolate packages" on any of the ships. The milk has always been in liquid form. At first it was in little tubs but then they changed to tubes. And we've only ever had coffee or tea, never hot chocolate. But you can get this from the buffet.

Ray,

Things must have changed for Club Britannia Cabins.

We did have powder creamer and hot chocolate in our cabin beverage tray with the kettle on the QM2 two years ago in Club Britannia Cabin.

The tubes are oversized about 4 inch in length. Both sugar, alternate sugar, powder creamer.

Sometimes we did bring liquid cream or milk from the buffet area.

The Belgian Choc Hot Chocolate is Options from the Switzerland thru the UK. Package is mixed with 200ml hot water for delicious hot chocolate.

We did get extra from the Kings Court but the Stewardess left extra for us without asking after see saw us using it.

Please check it out the next time.

Three weeks ago I was in Britannia BF 12-001 for 2 weeks and the creamer was powdered.

I would have brought up real (liquid) cream from King's Court, had I wished to brew my own coffee in the cabin.

PJ

Three weeks ago I was in Britannia BF 12-001 for 2 weeks and the creamer was powdered.

I would have brought up real (liquid) cream from King's Court, had I wished to brew my own coffee in the cabin.

PJ

Thank You PJ

Hoping the Cabin setup is the same next year for our sailing...

Thank you