Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:24 PM.
Apollo Beach, FL
161 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
Couldn't find a board for Switzerland to post this question, so thought maybe some of you river cruisers may know the answer.

Anyone ever hired a private driver to take them from Lucerne to Basel to the river boat dock area? We will be in Lucerne two days before we embark on the Avalon Visonary in late June.

We are a party of four - we know there are trains, but with the luggage and having to probably ride a cab once we got to Basel, thought perhaps to look at hiring a private driver/car service from Lucerne to Basel - direct into the port.

I have done this many times in Rome and other areas and found it quite calming and a great way to go up to an hour distance - especially since we don't speak the languages.

Thoughts? We are also going to do this in Paris when I find that board to post on! Thanks!
Ocala, FL.
633 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Originally posted by Luckyladyh
Couldn't find a board for Switzerland to post this question, so thought maybe some of you river cruisers may know the answer.

Anyone ever hired a private driver to take them from Lucerne to Basel to the river boat dock area? We will be in Lucerne two days before we embark on the Avalon Visonary in late June.

We are a party of four - we know there are trains, but with the luggage and having to probably ride a cab once we got to Basel, thought perhaps to look at hiring a private driver/car service from Lucerne to Basel - direct into the port.

I have done this many times in Rome and other areas and found it quite calming and a great way to go up to an hour distance - especially since we don't speak the languages.

Thoughts? We are also going to do this in Paris when I find that board to post on! Thanks!

Wrote on your other post about Basel-Luzerne and have a good car service recommendation for Paris if you're still looking. Email me at amcarlisle4 AT yahoo DOT com if you're interested in that name.

Andy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Andy & Alice

Caribbean Princess - 10/2017 Panama Canal (new locks)
Disney Dream - 3/2017 Caribbean
Star Princess - 6/2016 Alaska Cruise & Land tour
Emerald Princess - 11/2015 Western Caribbean
Avalon Luminary - 4/2015 - Prague to Bucharest
Emerald Princess - 10/2014 - TA London to Fort Lauderdale
Royal Princess - 7/2014 - Scandinavia & Russia
Enchantment of the Seas - 11/2013 - Bahamas
Avalon Felicity - 4/2013 - The Romantic Rhine
Grand Princess - 12/2012 - Eastern Caribbean
Caribbean Princess - 7/2012 - British Isles
Island Princess - 11/2011 - Panama Canal
RCL Monarch of the Seas - 4/2010 - Caribbean
Ruby Princess - 8/2009 - Mediterranean
NCL Pride of Hawaii - 11/2007 - Hawaii
RCL Soverign of the Seas - 3/2007 - Caribbean
Diamond Princess - 8/2004 - Alaska
Disney Big Red Boat - 6/1996 - Caribbean
SS Britannas - 5/1988 - Western Caribbean
NCL Sunward II - 6/1980 - Caribbean
78 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
I am also looking for a car service- Basel to Lucerne- recommendations??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Norwegian Sun - Alaska 2006
Star Princess - Baltic 2007
HAL Oosterdam - Coastal 2010
Celebrity Millennium - Coastal 2012
Celebrity Infinity - British Isles 2013
Royal Princess - Canada/New England 2014