Reflection Alcove pricing

crash3x

I cannot believe the huge price increase on the Alcoves.....Nov 2016 I paid $149 for an alcove per sea day we had 2 ...so my husband and I had a quiet relaxing place to spend the day and had shade provided it was great. On port days you could rent them for $99 / day.

So I am going on the Reflection again in November 2018 , I just went online to check pricing for this year.......holy crap. Sea day Alcove is now $249 and port day is still $99/day.

I would like to know how they can justify a $100 increase.

I asked, and below is what Celebrity replied.

Considering Celebrity Includes the Classic beverage package, I'm not sure who would be interest in the bottles of liquor and beer.... and then they include lunch at the Porch, but only on port days where the price hasn't gone up.

The Alcoves are a private retreat on the Lawn Club designed to enable guests to make the most of their day on the ship. Each of these private cabanas accommodates up to four people and provides a luxurious vantage point from which guests can view the endless expanse of the sea. Featuring a modern atmosphere, personalized services, and an exclusive beverage menu, an Alcove provides the ideal space to host a special celebration.

The pricing to reserve an Alcove varies by the day. For the Celebrity Silhouette, Sea Days cost $249. Kindly note that this is not a per-person charge; rather, this fee allows up to four people to enjoy the private cabana. The amenities included are choice of Veuve Rose, Grey Goose, or a bottle of white wine, bucket of six assorted beers, four bottle of Evian, butler service, and chilled towels. The Porch is offered complimentary for up to two guests and 50% discount for 3 or more when booked on port days only. Please note, this is all subject to change based on availability. The Alcoves are able to be booked by the day through our website’s Cruise Planner, via our shoreside office at 844-418-6824, or once on board. Those who make an Alcove reservation will be granted access to their assigned cabana from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm on the date they have selected. Guests canceling their Alcove booking at least 24 hours in advance of their reserved time will receive a full refund. However, anyone who cancels less than 24 hours ahead of their scheduled time will be charged 50% of the total rental fee.

I cannot believe the huge price increase on the Alcoves.....Nov 2016 I paid $149 for an alcove per sea day we had 2 ...so my husband and I had a quiet relaxing place to spend the day and had shade provided it was great. On port days you could rent them for $99 / day.

So I am going on the Reflection again in November 2018 , I just went online to check pricing for this year.......holy crap. Sea day Alcove is now $249 and port day is still $99/day.

I would like to know how they can justify a $100 increase.

I thought I saw that they were updating them in a fabulous way, so I guess that might be part of it. Also, everything has been going up to make up for the recession IMHO. Add all of that together and wallah...you have a huge increase.

Just looking for some clarification on what is included in the alcove for sea days vs port days? I’m assuming if you pay more $$ for a sea day alcove, then you would get all the alcohol and food (noted in a couple posts up) included? I have not heard of complimentary lunch from the Porch before this. I have an alcove booked on my upcoming Reflection cruise and I’m starting to get excited about it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Husband & I booked alcoves 8 out of 10 days on Nov 2017 cruise on Reflection

I booked when the price was $149 sea day & $99 port day . At time of booking was told because of multiple booking I would get a 10% discount on board. This was not honored even though I spoke with many people. Price increased several months before our cruise to $249 sea & $149 port (later I noticed online the port day decreased to $99 , however when on board those days were priced $149 )

After first sea day , a special was offered , 50 % off & a seafood skewer from lawn bar grill .

1 other family plus ourselves were there almost every day other then that different people every day . Some days less than half rented .

Although some times people would help themselves but were asked by the attendants to leave if they didn't have a reservation .

We got 4 bottles of water & towels every day. We did not receive wine, chilled towels, iPad or anything else. However, we had all 4 perks so really didn't need anything else & we had our own iPad & laptop . Although chilled towels would of been appreciated !!!

One day the attendant did bring me a complimentary seafood platter from the Porch & bottle of champagne .

Butler service are staff who work the lawn bar grill , they do check on you , occasionally , (there is a phone to call for service)! They get VERY busy with the grill which means if you want something asap, you may find yourself getting up from your comfy chair & walking to get your own drink or food. ;p

Days that all alcoves were booked , which I believe were only 2, service was a bit slower.....which was not the fault of the attendants .

From 4-5pm, staff take a break & when they come back they are very busy getting ready for dinner.

Usually by 4pm the alcoves were empty. We always stayed a bit later to watch the sunset !

We really enjoyed the alcove & will definitely rent again .

Hope this helps . ENJOY!!

We did an alcove over Christmas and had 2 more booked and cancelled them. The morning service was vacant, even when we used the phone it didn’t get answered. We were fetching our own drinks from sunset and received nothing. The server changed over and suddenly after 2pm we got the fruit plate, cheese plate and prosecco but had been there since 9am. We were told all food orders would be at least 45 minutes to an hour so fetched our own too. Decided that it was nowhere near worth the money for us so cancelled and got refunds on the other two. Every alcove was in use so this may have made a difference with there being only one person working and one couple had one every day and raved about it but for us it was not worth it.

We loved our Alcove days...we booked 2 days and wish we had done more! Service was outstanding and the food just kept coming out. Getting ready to book Alcoves again for our March 2019 cruise.

Just looking for some clarification on what is included in the alcove for sea days vs port days? I’m assuming if you pay more $$ for a sea day alcove, then you would get all the alcohol and food (noted in a couple posts up) included?

Sea days cost more because the alcoves are in much higher demand on those days, than on port days when most people are off the ship. It has nothing to do with what you do or don't get on a given day.

Butler service are staff who work the lawn bar grill , they do check on you , occasionally , (there is a phone to call for service)! They get VERY busy with the grill which means if you want something asap, you may find yourself getting up from your comfy chair & walking to get your own drink or food. ;p

We found the easy solution was to find a waiter from the Sunset Bar, explain that we were in an alcove but that service from the Lawn Club busy attendants was spotty at best. Gave him a nice tip and asked him to please check on us regularly and he did; we got great service! (and the Lawn Club attendants were fine with it). I know some will argue that we should have a gotten the service we paid for with the alcove, but in our view it was much more efficient to find a solution that didn't cost much in the grand scheme of things, than put up with slow or absent service and spend the day griping about it.

Forgot to mention.... we did receive a wonderful cheese & fruit plate every day & you can order a complimentary lunch (limited menu, we were told too that it may take up to 45 mins)

We had 3 attendants , & tipped each one daily .

We have booked for our next cruise ! :cool:

Just looking for some clarification on what is included in the alcove for sea days vs port days? I’m assuming if you pay more $$ for a sea day alcove, then you would get all the alcohol and food (noted in a couple posts up) included? I have not heard of complimentary lunch from the Porch before this. I have an alcove booked on my upcoming Reflection cruise and I’m starting to get excited about it!

No difference in what you received on sea or port day . Sea days are more popular!

We rented on port days too , we enjoyed having a comfy spot of our own when we returned to ship.

We were not offered any alcohol, chilled towels , iPad (as advertised)!

We did get 4 water, cheese & fruit plate & lunch everyday. We had premier bev pkg so we were served whatever we asked for & at times received a bottle of wine instead of a glass.

To clarify ...... lunch is not from the Porch .

It was the attendant who decided to bring us an extra treat of seafood platter & champagne from the "Porch "

ENJOY ‼️

Just returned from 11 nights on Reflection and when I tried to book sea days on board they were all sold out. I ended up getting a port day mid cruise and our butler was great and gave us most things listed above. However, when it came time to have lunch we were not told about the porch but only given the room service menu.

We did get two bottles of wine (we had premium package and I think he was sick of bringing us glasses of wine.)

• 2 months later...

I'm in an alcove right now on Silhouette. We were given 2 bottles of water, a fruit plate, and a cheese plate with saltine crackers. We were not offered any other food, and used our beverage package for drinks. I had to ask for the iPad, but they acted like it didn't exist until I pushed the issue...they did deliver one then, but it was only half charged. It had lots of music, but only one movie.

• 6 months later...
Last time I looked it was under Dining & Beverage in the Cruise Planner

That is correct. When you make the booking with Cruise Planner you should only specify a single passenger name or the reservation won’t work. The reservation covers up to 4 people.

Looking for information about the Alcoves on the Celebrity Reflection. I can't find anywhere on their site to book.

Sailing December 2018

On Port days you can get the Alcove for $99 on Sea days $249. you get ipad to use with books, movies, and games and music on it. 2 bottles of water and fruit and cheese plate. You can also get them to bring you drinks from the bar. Service is slow because they also work at the Lawn Club restaurant, They can also bring you cool moist towels...you have the alcove from 9am - 9pm

I take it the Alcoves are only available on certain ships as I don’t see anything available to book on my upcoming Equinox cruise.

Only the Reflection and Silhouette has alcoves and maybe the Edge (not sure). But all including Equinox in this class of ship have grass lawns

I take it the Alcoves are only available on certain ships as I don’t see anything available to book on my upcoming Equinox cruise.

According to Celebrity, click here, Alcoves are being added to Equinox when it's in drydock this coming Spring. I'm hoping that they're an improved product over what's now available on Reflection.