Another not-so-great upsell offer

ZoeyVictoria

I just received another lousy upsell offer - two emails and three calls so far for this cruise. They want $396 to move from a porthole to a balcony for five nights on the Paradise. Are they calling everybody in insides, portholes, and ocean views repeatedly or do they want my particular cabin for some reason? I wonder if they will sweeten the offer at some point if I keep saying no.

I just received another lousy upsell offer - two emails and three calls so far for this cruise. They want $396 to move from a porthole to a balcony for five nights on the Paradise. Are they calling everybody in insides, portholes, and ocean views repeatedly or do they want my particular cabin for some reason? I wonder if they will sweeten the offer at some point if I keep saying no.
How many cruisers? If it's for everyone in your cabin then $396 isn't bad ffrom a PH to balcony.

Is this a Cuba cruise?

Hi

Seeing the type of cruise, it looks to me that they are just trying free up some cheaper cabins. I would also think if they can make more accessible, they would be raising the price on those as well due to demand.

They do seem to price the balcony cabin much higher than the OV. More than they are worth, in my opinion.

I doubt you would get a positive response, but if you are at all interested, you could just make an offer and see what they say.

Just two of us, we don’t spend much time on balconies when we have them, and I think it is way too hot at the end of September to be interested in a balcony. Not going to Cuba, just Grand Cayman and Cozumel which I love but have been to many times, so I don’t feel the need to see us approach. I am perfectly happy with the PT and, like Carnival Cheerleader, wouldn’t give it up for anything short of a fantastic deal. I did move from an inside to an aft wrap for $292 once and would do that again if possible.

I was offered a high upsell price also for my Breeze Cruise in 2019, to go from an inside to an ocean view for about $349 (can’t remember exact price because I laughed, and deleted it)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I recently had an upsell offer for over $400 to go from an ocean view on the Paradise to a balcony and I didn't take it. The new balcony cabins on the Paradise are nothing more than an ocean view cabin with an added balcony. No couch or coffee table added going to a balcony. A few days later, I received an upsell offer on the Miracle to go from a French Door cabin (considered an Interior) to a balcony for $200 and I did take that one. While the French Door cabin did have a couch and coffee table (we order room service a lot), we wanted the balcony for the longer cruise and it also has a couch and coffee table. I didn't think the Paradise upsell offer was good at all, especially since we have sailed on Carnival 33 times and are almost Diamonds.

Would have said thanks but no thanks in a heartbeat. Would not have taken it for a 7 day cruise

That is exactly what I said. She didn’t argue, started to say goodbye, and I reminded her that she had said there were two options. She told me the other option was a suite and it was even more than the balcony. She sounded somewhat resigned, as if she was used to hearing “No!”

Considering that the Paradise has mostly ocean view cabins, I’m surprised they would give you such an outlandish offer for a balcony, as there are only a few. You would think they would sell out pretty quick...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

Another offer today. Now they want me to give up my porthole for a regular inside room for $48.00. What is wrong with these people? And who would want to stay in the very last inside cabin on the Grand deck, just inside the doors that lead to mini golf and bocce ball? Is that really "easy access to all the fun"?

ZoeyVictoria,

You may want to aswer them with..; Is it Gratis as it was before? Teach those Carnival children well.

The days of Real UpGrades ( Upgrade Fairy and UpGrade Wizard were well)

We have had some wonderful UpGrades and most Cruiselines uswed to do that when Balconies and larger Suites were first being put on these ships to addict us cruisers..

Now they use Algoritms to put ythat peronal touch off as computers dont have a heart/soul and/or reaally care about us consumers who pay the bills..

ZoeyVictoria,

You may want to aswer them with..; Is it Gratis as it was before? Teach those Carnival children well.

The days of Real UpGrades ( Upgrade Fairy and UpGrade Wizard were well)

By definition, upsell offers are/were never free.

Curious.....do the upsell offers come via email or phone call? If phone call, what is the phone number they are calling from? (Want to make sure that in case I should get a call, I don’t disregard it....lol)

Curious.....do the upsell offers come via email or phone call? If phone call, what is the phone number they are calling from? (Want to make sure that in case I should get a call, I don’t disregard it....lol)

I received three telephone calls. They were from area code 305. Sorry, I don’t remember the rest of the number, but I know that 305 is Miami so I always answer those calls. I also received three emails.

I received three telephone calls. They were from area code 305. Sorry, I don’t remember the rest of the number, but I know that 305 is Miami so I always answer those calls. I also received three emails.

Thank you! That information is actually quite helpful!!!

Would anyone take an ocean view upgrade from a porthole for $72?

I wouldn’t because I am happy with the PT cabin location. If you prefer another location for $72, it might be worth it to you. I don’t think the difference in square feet (or inches) of glass in the window is worth $72.

I wouldn’t because I am happy with the PT cabin location. If you prefer another location for $72, it might be worth it to you. I don’t think the difference in square feet (or inches) of glass in the window is worth $72.

You got a point!

Would anyone take an ocean view upgrade from a porthole for $72?

It depends on a few criteria...such as where the OV was located......to me it would be worth $72 to move from a noisy porthole located at the very front of the ship to a more central OV, PLUS get a cabin that is larger?? I would do depending where the OV is located vs PT??

It depends on a few criteria...such as where the OV was located......to me it would be worth $72 to move from a noisy porthole located at the very front of the ship to a more central OV, PLUS get a cabin that is larger?? I would do depending where the OV is located vs PT??

It’s on the main deck, aft, room 2431. I do believe they are the same square footage: 220sqft.