Auckland Port to Auckland Airport - Noordam Sept. 30-Nov. 9/18

udance2

I am looking for advice on the best way to get from the port in Auckland to Auckland airport for the long trip back to Toronto. It is quite a way so I am thinking a taxi might be very expensive, but not sure if Uber is a possibility, however, the long distance call to reserve might be high...….any help is appreciated.:confused:

I am looking for advice on the best way to get from the port in Auckland to Auckland airport for the long trip back to Toronto. It is quite a way so I am thinking a taxi might be very expensive, but not sure if Uber is a possibility, however, the long distance call to reserve might be high...….any help is appreciated.:confused:

It takes about 35 minutes and a taxi will be about $70 (no tipping in NZ), there are plenty of taxis available because the ship docks across from the Hilton

An Uber from the port the the airport is around $40-$50NZD depending on traffic.

Thank you.

We walked one block back from the port and caught the airport bus outside the Mecure Hotel for just a few Dollars...can’t remember exactly how much but it stops at both the International and Domestic Terminals.....was very easy to do.

You don’t have to call. Just find some place with WiFi and you can use the app.

As a frequent cruiser out of Auckland we pre-book at http://www.supershuttles.co.nz - it is about $35NZ for the two of us to the airport. We book with them as they have staff on the wharf coordinating the shuttles on disembarkation day and pump the people through. They normally have 3-4 shuttles at a time and just keep them coming.

The reason to pre-book (and pay) is so you skip the queue and go straight to the front of the line! The website doesn't have a cruise specific location but put in Queens Wharf (there is a couple of options but just pick any - it doesn't matter) and a semi logical time. As it is a cruise the time / location doesn't matter as it is not like they are coming just for you.

The other advantages are free wifi and that they take the bus lanes - so a quicker trip to the airport.

As a frequent cruiser out of Auckland we pre-book at http://www.supershuttles.co.nz - it is about $35NZ for the two of us to the airport. We book with them as they have staff on the wharf coordinating the shuttles on disembarkation day and pump the people through. They normally have 3-4 shuttles at a time and just keep them coming.

The reason to pre-book (and pay) is so you skip the queue and go straight to the front of the line! The website doesn't have a cruise specific location but put in Queens Wharf (there is a couple of options but just pick any - it doesn't matter) and a semi logical time. As it is a cruise the time / location doesn't matter as it is not like they are coming just for you.

The other advantages are free wifi and that they take the bus lanes - so a quicker trip to the airport.

We took a tour off the ship in Auckland. Toured a museum and a couple of really neat parks. Driver was very informative. Once the tour was over he took us to the airport. It was a good way to spend our time seeing the city and not spending a lot of time in the airport. Of course it all depends on what time your flight leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if the OP is on the cruise now or if in future, but I second the vote for Skybus. It was very easy, and they also have free wifi. We walked about 1 block to the port with our luggage, but the sidewalk was easy with our large rollerbags.