Reflection 1120 or 9237?

huttenkt

We are looking to cruise on the Reflection next year and are trying to decide between 1120 and 9237.

We are traveling with two teenagers and are wondering about bedding situation. It looks like 9237 has an upper berth - does anyone know if that is located above the bed or above the sofa? And for 1120, will the sofabed sleep two teenagers? It looks like there is no pullman in that room.

In regards to the balcony on each of these - I know they are larger, but do you still get a lot of sunlight? I don't want to feel claustrophobic. And do the lifeboats below distract from the view? If so, I may go with a smaller, aft balcony instead. Thanks for any help (and photos) you can provide!

I would go with 9237 with the sofa and Pullman, which I think is above the sofa, never saw one above the bed. The large balcony will have part covered and part open so you get sun nearer the railing and protection from sun or rain near the cabin.

1120 has just the pullout which when used for 2 takes up more floor space making moving around the cabin more difficult.

We are looking to cruise on the Reflection next year and are trying to decide between 1120 and 9237.

We are traveling with two teenagers and are wondering about bedding situation. It looks like 9237 has an upper berth - does anyone know if that is located above the bed or above the sofa? And for 1120, will the sofabed sleep two teenagers? It looks like there is no pullman in that room.

In regards to the balcony on each of these - I know they are larger, but do you still get a lot of sunlight? I don't want to feel claustrophobic. And do the lifeboats below distract from the view? If so, I may go with a smaller, aft balcony instead. Thanks for any help (and photos) you can provide!

I also would recommend 9237, since I prefer the aft slant over the forward slant which will have some wind from the forward movement of the ship. 9237. The lifeboats are all the way down on deck 5, so will not provide any distraction.

The balcony is covered, but you will get some sun when the sun is coming from the port side. The right corner of your balcony rail will be directly under the edge of the overhang from deck 12 while the left corner will be about 3 feet in from the edge of the overhang.

So 9237 is a great choice. My only thought is that the 1A cabin 8279, right below 9237, is just as nice a cabin - same size cabin and balcony. So depending on the price difference between 1A and C2, you might want to consider the 1A since the Concierge Class amenities are very minor. Personally, if the average price per person is a $50 difference, then I could not justify the additional $200 per cabin for the C2 versus 1A.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

We stayed in 1120 doing the med 2 years ago. There was only 3 of us in the room so our daughter used the sofa bed rather than the pullout. She found the bed really comfy unlike the sofa bed on Eclipse. It will only sleep one.

We enjoyed the large balcony as it gave us more space and plenty of room for the extra chair our steward got for us. We got a fair bit of sunlight at the front of the balcony and mainly shade at the back. I did find it almost humid at the back on occasions. We didn't get a lot of breeze even though it was forward facing. But that could be because of where we were cruising.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I also would recommend 9237, since I prefer the aft slant over the forward slant which will have some wind from the forward movement of the ship. 9237.

A.

This is not always true - if the ship is moving at 15 knots, and the true wind is coming from aft of the ship at 25 knots, the net effect on the aft slant is 10 knots. The true wind is calculated by aircraft carriers to select a course that will create X knots of wind across the bow.

This is not always true - if the ship is moving at 15 knots, and the true wind is coming from aft of the ship at 25 knots, the net effect on the aft slant is 10 knots. The true wind is calculated by aircraft carriers to select a course that will create X knots of wind across the bow.

What you say is true. And if the wind were coming from the bow it would be a net of 40 knots. Point is that on average, the forward facing slant balcony will experience more net wind effect than the aft facing slant balcony.

We are going with #9237 ... and are on a wait list for #8279. It was interesting, because as I was researching on CostCo, they had #9237 coded as an 1A which is why I was looking at it in the first place. Thanks so much everyone!