Current travelers - Any info on how the Ferry to Oil is running?

Wishing on a star

They are supposed to run at least every hour.

But, I hear reports that they will just sit there and wait, or not run at all, if not full.

This would leave any passengers who are counting on getting to Amoudi/Oia stranded to change plans.

Can anybody traveling this time of year, with few ships in port, report back on how often the Ferry seems to run?

That could be helpful information!

Thank you!

Exactly what we needed to know.

Now, unfortunately, looks like I won't make plans to try to avoid the Cable Car going up!!!

We are thinking of hiring a local tour guide to show us around, so once we are up at Fira, they can get us over to Oia quickly, no waits or busses.

I hope you enjoyed your visit on Santorini !

We hired Skyline Travel once we were at the top, and our driver, Ponos was great! We had 4.5 hours of touring. We paid 220€ For just the 2 of us in a large air conditioned van. We saw the red and black beaches, tasted 10 wines at Santos Wines, went to the monostary (highest point), had a few hours in Oia, and ended back in Fira.

Excellent tour, good price, and I would do it over again and again!

Thank you as well, Cruise Cat.

I will look into Skyline.

We have been considering Chara as a personal guide, but Skyline def. is a better rate.

Decisions, Decisions...

If you go with Skyline, build yourself a bit of extra time. The rate is about 50€ per hour, and if traffic is bad, factor in a bit more time than you think. It will be worth the extra cost. Then if you decide to stay somewhere a little longer, you will be fine. I got the impression the drivers cannot just “add time” on a whim. Our time was perfect but when I asked about extending time at one stop, it seemed to make the driver a bit nervous about sticking to the first agreed upon schedule.