Celebrity Equinox - Balcony Cabin TV - HDMI Input ?

wee-haggis

On the Equinox and Silhouette I was able to bring a samsung remote and change the inputs. The buttons on the tv are disabled. In August we were on the Eclipse and I forgot to bring the remote. Our cabin attendant was able to get someone from the it department to come to our room and enable the tv controls so we could change the inputs. I don't know how often they do this. Our cabin attendant was excellent and persisted in getting it changed.

• 1 year later...

On Equinox now. I was able to switch to the HDMI input by unplugging the lan cable then unplugging the power and then repower it. On the bottom right there is a button that opens a menu, repeated presses of the button takes you to the input menu, press and hold opens that menu, select hdmi. If you try this with the lan cable connected or without repowering you get a message saying the function is disabled.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, skurvish said:

On Equinox now. I was able to switch to the HDMI input by unplugging the lan cable then unplugging the power and then repower it. On the bottom right there is a button that opens a menu, repeated presses of the button takes you to the input menu, press and hold opens that menu, select hdmi. If you try this with the lan cable connected or without repowering you get a message saying the function is disabled.

You can try with or without unplugging the lan cable.  We were on Equinox in November and had no issues using HDMI using the process above (except we didn't unplu the lan).  HDMI in at power up, then use the button at the bottom to navigate the menus and change inputs.  The hardest part was finding the button (and I knew in advance it would be on the bottom).

If it doesn't work, then as skurvish suggests try again with the lan unplugged.

Mike

3 minutes ago, skurvish said:

The only way I got it to work was to unplug the lan cable, pull the power cable and then repower. If I did it in any other way the HDMI selection would show up as disabled.

I believe you and that is why I suggested trying your method also.   Wasn't necessary for me.  The TVs could have been configured differently.

I've been doing it on many of the ships and found that for me the method that worked was -  Used this on Edge, Summit and Silhouette.

At lease on Edge in a CS the TV's are different and have a built in computer and the lan cable not visible.

1.  Make sure your HDMI device is powered up.

2.   Plug into HDMI Port

3.   Power up TV using the button on bottom right

4.  Immediately press the toggle to the Right and a list of Ports will pop up....

5.  Select the HDMI that shows up.   If a powered device wasn't attached it will not show as a choice.

Edited by Jim_Iain

17 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've been doing it on many of the ships and found that for me the method that worked was -  Used this on Edge, Summit and Silhouette.

At lease on Edge in a CS the TV's are different and have a built in computer and the lan cable not visible.

1.  Make sure your HDMI device is powered up.

2.   Plug into HDMI Port

3.   Power up TV using the button on bottom right

4.  Immediately press the toggle to the Right and a list of Ports will pop up....

5.  Select the HDMI that shows up.   If a powered device wasn't attached it will not show as a choice.

I would like to try this on the Equinox with my iPad.  From the pictures I have seen  online it looks like the TV pop out a little so it should be relatively easy to plug in the HDMI cord.  You would also need for the iPad a Lightning Digital AV Adapter ( not generic version) for a iPad.  Not so sure about " Power up TV using the button on bottom right....". Thought i would have to bring a universal remote. If anyone has any pictures of how to do this with Equinox cabin I would appreciate it.  You also would need a WiFi plan with the ship to use Netflix, Hulu etc. app  I think the  WIFI is only good on one device so you could not use your iPad and use your phone  to check email?

Edited by Cruiseoholic000

At least on the post revolution TV's the real Samsung remote and Universal remotes would not work.   At least in a Celebrity Suite the TV was flush with the wall and it was a bit tricky to get the HDMI in.

The toggle button on these Samsung are on the bottom right corner.

image.png.003bb350f58722ef8499732445d28948.png

On 2/28/2020 at 10:09 AM, mandream said:

On the Equinox in Concierge (and I assume balcony any others) the tv is still on an arm that will swing away from the wall.  On the Edge it was a PIA getting to that HDMI port......

Summit - post revolution the TV is fixed to the wall with no swivel or arm.   Was a little tight but I use a 4 inch flexible M-F HDMI adapter cable.