Tendering Cabo-Journey's Cruise

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Mexican Riviera
Includes: Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas, Loreto, Manzanillo, Mazatlan, Pichilingue/La Paz, Puerto Vallarta, Topolobampo & Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:14 AM.
Spokane, WA
1,118 Posts
Joined May 2005
My DH and I will be on a Panama Canal cruise that stops in Cabo, the only tender port. This will be the third time we will have visited Cabo, and the first with Carnival. I am wondering since this is a Journey's Cruise, there is said to be mostly priority level guests. Does that mean that a lowly red card holder could keep getting pushed to the end of the tender line? We never had any trouble the past two times on Princess getting a tender early even know we had no status, but those were just normal 7 day cruises. Is this what I might be looking forward to dealing with or am I just over-thinking this?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Explorer of the Northwest and beyond"

Coming Soon:
9/30/17 Ruby Princess 1 Day Pacific Coastal

1/14/18 Carnival Splendor 13 Day Panama Canal
[email protected]
Ontario, CA (The one WITH the Palm Trees!)
22,583 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Either all get there before the tender line opens or take a Carnival tour. Typically, there's no wait after 11 or so.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Maryland
496 Posts
Joined Aug 2015
Not Carnival but we did Cabo last year with HAL. There were a large number of Five Star Mariners with priority status (we are Three Star) but didn't notice a delay in tendering that day. Good suggestion by CruiserBruce though.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

HAL Zuiderdam 06/17 - Baltic Sea Adventure
HAL Westerdam 11/16 - Mexican Riviera
HAL Niew Amsterdam 05/16 - Alaska Inside Passage
HAL Veendam 09/15 - Canada NE Discovery
Lady Rose MV Francis Barkley 07/10
Interislander MV Kaitaki 07/07
NCL Leeward 06/97 - Western Caribbean
Carnival Fantasy 04/95 - Bahamas
Regency Regent Rainbow 05/93 - Cruise-to-Nowhere
C&O City of Midland 06/76