Cabo with little kids

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Mexican Riviera
Includes: Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas, Loreto, Manzanillo, Mazatlan, Pichilingue/La Paz, Puerto Vallarta, Topolobampo & Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:57 PM.
California
21 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
We are sailing on Princess with our 3 and 5 year old daughters in December. What would you recommend doing in Cabo San Lucas?

(FYI: My husband is a little concerned about safety in Mexico so excursions through the ship or safe areas/beaches/pools nearby would be best.)

Thank you in advance!
Portland, OR
433 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
In Cabo, I would recommend contacting Eduardo Martinez at Blue Baja Los Cabos for excursions. My family has used him several times when we were in Cabo. He provides great service and will set your family at ease. You can contact him at [email protected]
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruises:
March 2008 - Western Caribbean - Grand Princess
December 2008 - Baja Mexico - Carnival Elation
April 2009 - Mexican Riviera detoured to San Francisco - Mariner of the Seas
March 2011 - Spring Break on the NCL Star to Mexican Riviera
Feb 2012 - Eastern/Southern Caribbean - NCL Dawn
August 2014 - Alaska - NCL Jewel
November 2015 - Western Caribbean - Emerald Princess
Irvine, CA
8,885 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
They might enjoy the glass bottom boats that take you out to the arches. You don't have to book through the cruise line. There are plenty of vendors along the boardwalk offering this. Don't pay more than 10.00 a piece. Walk away from anyone who states a higher price. The further along the boardwalk you go the better pricing you might get.
18,498 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Originally posted by lax19
In Cabo, I would recommend contacting Eduardo Martinez at Blue Baja Los Cabos for excursions. My family has used him several times when we were in Cabo. He provides great service and will set your family at ease. You can contact him at [email protected]
Thanks for the info.
BC - British Columbia
94 Posts
Joined Nov 2016
If you are looking for a nice resort with beach and pools, we loved our day at this resort https://cabosanlucascruiseexcursions...reak-day-pass/ . There are two pools , one had a pool bar and was a little more on the adult side, but the other was quiet and the beach is lovely there too. Kids are free 5 and under as well.
Spokane, WA
1,118 Posts
Joined May 2005
We have been to Cabo twice so far and will be there a third this coming January. We felt safe there. The only thing I would say to watch out for is that if you are walking, watch for holes in the sidewalk. There were some very deep holes that could have swallowed a person or at least hurt some ankles. Luckily, we were never there in the dark. Also, don't waste your time or money eating at Subway. Way overpriced, and heck, you are in Mexico, eat local.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Explorer of the Northwest and beyond"

Coming Soon:
9/30/17 Ruby Princess 1 Day Pacific Coastal

1/14/18 Carnival Splendor 13 Day Panama Canal
[email protected]
BC - British Columbia
94 Posts
Joined Nov 2016
Personally I found Cabo safe. Im sure you and the kids will love it. The beach is beautiful and people are friendly. Just get out of the port area as they can be a little annoying trying to sell you tours and stuff so it can be a little overwhelming
AZ
601 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Following for ideas. Thank you
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

VIKING SERENADE 1993
HOLIDAY 1995
HOLIDAY 1997
HOLIDAY 1998
ECTASY 1999
ELATION 2000