Looking for info on excursion in PV: Mexican Fiesta - Tequila Tasting with Lunch

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Mexican Riviera
Includes: Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas, Loreto, Manzanillo, Mazatlan, Pichilingue/La Paz, Puerto Vallarta, Topolobampo & Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:14 AM.
#1
San Diego
77 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
We've signed up for this excursion but wanted to find out more about the tequila offered. Are these Mexican brands or private distilleries that offer their private labels for purchase? How was the overall experience? Any info to help us know what to expect is appreciated.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Aug 2017 - Carnival Miracle - Mexican Riviera, Mexico
Mar 2016 - Carnival Victory - Nassau & Freeport, Bahamas
Aug 2011 - Carnival Sensation - Key West, FL
Feb 2010 - Carnival Paradise - Ensenada, Mexico
#2
10,755 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
B
Originally posted by islacruzer
We've signed up for this excursion but wanted to find out more about the tequila offered. Are these Mexican brands or private distilleries that offer their private labels for purchase? How was the overall experience? Any info to help us know what to expect is appreciated.
The places that do tours are usually pricey. Some make their tequila but I dont know about the quality
There are several stores in the PV downtown area that give samples.

Walmart and Sams are across the street from the dock and they have several brands at low prices.
This is in Puerto Vallarta.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rich people stay rich by living like broke people
Broke people stay broke by living like rich people

I noticed the squirrels are starting to gather nuts --
Are you in a safe place ??
#3
96 Posts
Joined May 2004
During our stop in Puerto Vallarta in March 2017, we had requested that our private guide for the day make a tequila-tasting stop. We visited “Rancho Verano Distileria de Tequila” ... which proved to be an EXCELLENT choice,
#4
Maryland
496 Posts
Joined Aug 2015
We did a Mexican Riviera cruise last November on HAL and did their excursion that took us to, among other locations, Hacienda Dona Engracia. The distilling process was explained followed by "un monton de muestreo!" It was very enjoyable!. Next November 2018, we have 10-day Mexican Riviera cruise booked that will have us overnight in Puerto Vallarta and plan on visiting the same distillery again..
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


HAL Zuiderdam 06/17 - Baltic Sea Adventure
HAL Westerdam 11/16 - Mexican Riviera
HAL Niew Amsterdam 05/16 - Alaska Inside Passage
HAL Veendam 09/15 - Canada NE Discovery
Lady Rose MV Francis Barkley 07/10
Interislander MV Kaitaki 07/07
NCL Leeward 06/97 - Western Caribbean
Carnival Fantasy 04/95 - Bahamas
Regency Regent Rainbow 05/93 - Cruise-to-Nowhere
C&O City of Midland 06/76
USCGC McCulloch WHEC 386
#5
Nashville
30 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Originally posted by tuleia
During our stop in Puerto Vallarta in March 2017, we had requested that our private guide for the day make a tequila-tasting stop. We visited “Rancho Verano Distileria de Tequila” ... which proved to be an EXCELLENT choice,
May I ask who you used for your private tour?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature















Past cruises

Carnival Breeze, September 2013
Carnival Imagination, September 2006
Carnival Ecstasy, July 2000
Carnival Festival, June 1979
#6
96 Posts
Joined May 2004
Following is the review that I had posted on Trip Advisor:

Reviewed April 30, 2017
A FABULOUS DAY
We were a group of 10 adults visiting Puerto Vallarta on March 28, 2017, and scheduled for a private 5-hr “City And Tropical Tour” excursion with Bernardo Pena of “My Tours Vallarta.”

From the moment Bernardo met us at the ship, and throughout the entire tour in his comfortable air-conditioned van, Bernardo provided a running commentary of the culture, history, beauty and people of Puerto Vallarta . Bernardo is extremely friendly, efficient, knowledgeable, considerate, a safe driver, and speaks impeccable English.

After an informative drive through the Malecon, Bernardo wended his way through Old Town Puerto Vallarta so that we could peek and marvel at the variety of businesses whose owners, in many cases, lived directly above. At one point, Bernardo stopped ... ran across the street ... and returned with bags of hot-off-the-grill tortillas, chicharrón, and strips of fried pork ... all to be eaten while he continued with our scenic drive, and while we also drank the chilled water, beer or Coke in his cooler. The food was absolutely DELICIOUS, and the SURPRISE detour ... the highlight of a fabulous day!!!

Among other things, we had requested a tequila-tasting stop, and Bernardo recommended a visit to “Rancho Verano Distileria de Tequila” ... which recommendation proved to be, again, another EXCELLENT choice.

Bernardo’s selection for our lunch stop ... Chico's Paradise Restaurant ... which is located in a little mountain village close to the tequila factory ... was a first-rate choice ... with its superb food, service, and ambiance .

Throughout our tour, Bernardo insisted that we not rush and that we take as much time as we needed to thoroughly enjoy ourselves. Although we had already exceeded the time allotted for our tour, Bernardo, after overhearing our discussion about Mexican candy, recommended that we make an unscheduled stop in Old Town to do some souvenir shopping. He was, again, correct.

Thanks to Bernardo Pena and “My Tours Vallarta,” our stop in Puerto Vallarta was outstanding and, without a doubt , truly memorable ."


Will be glad to answer any questions.


#7
Nashville
30 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Thank you so much!

Originally posted by tuleia
Following is the review that I had posted on Trip Advisor:

Reviewed April 30, 2017
A FABULOUS DAY
We were a group of 10 adults visiting Puerto Vallarta on March 28, 2017, and scheduled for a private 5-hr “City And Tropical Tour” excursion with Bernardo Pena of “My Tours Vallarta.”

From the moment Bernardo met us at the ship, and throughout the entire tour in his comfortable air-conditioned van, Bernardo provided a running commentary of the culture, history, beauty and people of Puerto Vallarta . Bernardo is extremely friendly, efficient, knowledgeable, considerate, a safe driver, and speaks impeccable English.

After an informative drive through the Malecon, Bernardo wended his way through Old Town Puerto Vallarta so that we could peek and marvel at the variety of businesses whose owners, in many cases, lived directly above. At one point, Bernardo stopped ... ran across the street ... and returned with bags of hot-off-the-grill tortillas, chicharrón, and strips of fried pork ... all to be eaten while he continued with our scenic drive, and while we also drank the chilled water, beer or Coke in his cooler. The food was absolutely DELICIOUS, and the SURPRISE detour ... the highlight of a fabulous day!!!

Among other things, we had requested a tequila-tasting stop, and Bernardo recommended a visit to “Rancho Verano Distileria de Tequila” ... which recommendation proved to be, again, another EXCELLENT choice.

Bernardo’s selection for our lunch stop ... Chico's Paradise Restaurant ... which is located in a little mountain village close to the tequila factory ... was a first-rate choice ... with its superb food, service, and ambiance .

Throughout our tour, Bernardo insisted that we not rush and that we take as much time as we needed to thoroughly enjoy ourselves. Although we had already exceeded the time allotted for our tour, Bernardo, after overhearing our discussion about Mexican candy, recommended that we make an unscheduled stop in Old Town to do some souvenir shopping. He was, again, correct.

Thanks to Bernardo Pena and “My Tours Vallarta,” our stop in Puerto Vallarta was outstanding and, without a doubt , truly memorable ."


Will be glad to answer any questions.


Expand Signature
Collapse Signature















Past cruises

Carnival Breeze, September 2013
Carnival Imagination, September 2006
Carnival Ecstasy, July 2000
Carnival Festival, June 1979