Cabo San Lucas - Camels

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Mexican Riviera
Includes: Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas, Loreto, Manzanillo, Mazatlan, Pichilingue/La Paz, Puerto Vallarta, Topolobampo & Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:43 AM.
Central Florida
5,420 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Has anyone done the Camel ride in Cabo through a tour agency other than the cruise ship? If so, who did you use, and were they good?

THanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Spokane, WA
1,118 Posts
Joined May 2005
Have not yet done it, but for Carnival at least, price is almost identical. $109. In this case, I might be persuaded to use ship excursion vs private. We have only done one ship excursion and the rest DIY. Also, a coworker said she did this excursion with RC. Just an FYI for customs, if your form says you interacted with livestock, you get extra consideration.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Explorer of the Northwest and beyond"

Coming Soon:
9/30/17 Ruby Princess 1 Day Pacific Coastal

1/14/18 Carnival Splendor 13 Day Panama Canal
[email protected]
Central Florida
5,420 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by familyoutdoors
Have not yet done it, but for Carnival at least, price is almost identical. $109. In this case, I might be persuaded to use ship excursion vs private. We have only done one ship excursion and the rest DIY. Also, a coworker said she did this excursion with RC. Just an FYI for customs, if your form says you interacted with livestock, you get extra consideration.
Thank you
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SoCal, USA
6,391 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Originally posted by familyoutdoors
Is a camel considered livestock?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
^_^
born2tvl at yahoo dot com (please put "Cruise Critic" in subject line)
CRUISERS from California - Click here

UPCOMING CRUISES:

GREAT MEMORIES: NCL Dawn W. Caribbean (7 days) March 2017 ~ Westerdam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Oct 2016 (4 stars! ) ~ Nieuw Amsterdam Alaska Inside Passage (7 days) May 2016 ~ NCL Sun Mexican Riviera (w/ Acapulco and Manzanillo) (11 days) October 2015 (the sweet suite life!) ~ Noordam Alaska Inside Passage (7 days) May 2015 (Bronze Medallion!) ~ Noordam Pacific Coastal (4 days) May 2015 ~ Zuiderdam Alaska Inside Passage (7 days) May 2013 ~ Zuiderdam Pacific Coastal (4 days) May 2013 ~ Zaandam Mexican Riviera (w/ Loreto) (8 days) Apr 2013 ~ Oosterdam Circle Hawaii (14 days) Mar 2012 ~ Oosterdam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Dec 2011 ~ Oosterdam Sea of Cortez (10 days) Apr 2011 (Mother/Daughter Cruise!) ~ Oosterdam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Nov 2010 (First DVS & Neptune Lounge!) ~ Carnival Spirit Alaska (7 days) June 2010 (aft-wrap!) ~ Oosterdam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Nov 2009 ~ NCL Star CTN (2 days) Nov 2009 ~ Carnival Elation Baja Mexico (5 days) Jan 2009 ~ Oosterdam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Apr 2008 ~ Golden Princess Mexican Riviera (7 days) Nov 2007 ~ Monarch of the Seas Baja Mexico (3 days) Jun 2005 ~ Ryndam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Nov 2003 ~ Viking Serenade Baja Mexico (4 days) Apr 2001 (Dad's 85th B-Day!) ~ Maasdam Panama Canal (full transit) (10 days) Apr 2000 ~ Rotterdam V Alaska (7 days) Aug 1997 (I'm hooked!)
Spokane, WA
1,118 Posts
Joined May 2005
Originally posted by dobiemom
Is a camel considered livestock?
My thought, it is alive. My friend got further screening when she told them she did an excursion with Camels.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Explorer of the Northwest and beyond"

Coming Soon:
9/30/17 Ruby Princess 1 Day Pacific Coastal

1/14/18 Carnival Splendor 13 Day Panama Canal
[email protected]
France
546 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
I have been looking for a tour company as P&O do not offer this excursion but all the companies I have contacted or looked at do not offer this tour to cruise passengers !!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Celebrity Constellation Vietnam & Philippines March 2017
NeoRiviera Venice,Split and Greek Islands Nov 2016
Costa Fascinosa Western Mediterranean June 2016
Star Princess South America March 2016
Costa Fascinosa Western Mediterranean Nov 2015
Costa Fortuna Western Mediterranean May 2015
Star Princess Hawaii Feb/March 2015
Costa Magica Eastern Mediterranean Oct 2014
Emerald Princess Southern Caribbean April 2014
Coral Princess Alaska cruisetour June/July 2013
Costa Mediterranea Western Mediterranean April 2013
NCL Epic Western Mediterranean June 2012
Diamond Princess Far East cruisetour March/April 2012
Celebrity Constellation Western Mediterranean Oct 2010
Sea Princess South & Eastern Caribbean February 2010
RC Voyager of the seas Western Mediterranean Oct 2009
NCL Pearl B2B West & East Caribbean 2008

San Diego, CA/Cabo San Lucas Mexico
14,029 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
I'm pretty sure the only company that runs the camel operation is Cabo Adventures, which is linked in with the cruise lines. You can book through other people but it will still be Cabo Adventures, there is only one camel operation.

Petlady, have you told the outside vendors that you are on P & O and that it is not offered?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
440 Days on the Sea and Counting
France
546 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by CWcruisers
I'm pretty sure the only company that runs the camel operation is Cabo Adventures, which is linked in with the cruise lines. You can book through other people but it will still be Cabo Adventures, there is only one camel operation.

Petlady, have you told the outside vendors that you are on P & O and that it is not offered?
Yes I have and their response was to ask the excursion manager on the ship to inculude it , don't think it is going to be that easy somehow , wrote to P&O who told me the same thing
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Celebrity Constellation Vietnam & Philippines March 2017
NeoRiviera Venice,Split and Greek Islands Nov 2016
Costa Fascinosa Western Mediterranean June 2016
Star Princess South America March 2016
Costa Fascinosa Western Mediterranean Nov 2015
Costa Fortuna Western Mediterranean May 2015
Star Princess Hawaii Feb/March 2015
Costa Magica Eastern Mediterranean Oct 2014
Emerald Princess Southern Caribbean April 2014
Coral Princess Alaska cruisetour June/July 2013
Costa Mediterranea Western Mediterranean April 2013
NCL Epic Western Mediterranean June 2012
Diamond Princess Far East cruisetour March/April 2012
Celebrity Constellation Western Mediterranean Oct 2010
Sea Princess South & Eastern Caribbean February 2010
RC Voyager of the seas Western Mediterranean Oct 2009
NCL Pearl B2B West & East Caribbean 2008

San Diego, CA/Cabo San Lucas Mexico
14,029 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
Originally posted by petlady7
Yes I have and their response was to ask the excursion manager on the ship to inculude it , don't think it is going to be that easy somehow , wrote to P&O who told me the same thing
So sorry, they sure are giving you the run around. P & O does not stop regularly in Cabo, maybe that is why it's not included.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
440 Days on the Sea and Counting