Non-beach activates Las Caletas

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Mexican Riviera
Includes: Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas, Loreto, Manzanillo, Mazatlan, Pichilingue/La Paz, Puerto Vallarta, Topolobampo & Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:41 AM.
Midwest
183 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
So our cruise line just opened up some more spots for Las Caletas on our Mexican Rivera cruise. The biggest issue for us we are not sit on the beach all day type of people. Is there other things to do at Las Caletas or would we be better off selecting a different excursion?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Save
Save

Save
Save

Save
Save

Save
Save
The Netherlands, wintermonths in Puerto vallarta, Mexico
6,610 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
Las Caletas is indeed mostly beach (and food). Of course you can kayak, swim, have a massage etc. Also takes about 1 hour to go there and back by their boat sailing through the large bay.
If not interested in this, yes find another excursion.
Or simply take a bus or cab to oldtown and Malecon. Walk around there, see the nice church, have a meal and drink in one of the many places.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Last cruises: Koningsdam 27 August 2017 - Norway
Celebrity Millenium Asia, December 2016
RCCL Vision of the seas Med, october 15 2016.
Various cruises on HAL, Celebrity and Orient Lines (doesnot exist anymore)
1st cruise 1983 HAL "Volendam"[/b][/font]
1963 DH sailed Chandris Lines (Bretagne) from Australia to Europe.
Various trips by car through Europe, the USA and Mexico.
Frequent long winter stay in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
San Diego, CA
5,808 Posts
Joined Sep 2001
Las Caletas is most definitely a beach day, and we love it because we can just relax and enjoy the beautiful beach all day. There are other things to do, get a massage (additional cost), snorkeling, kayaking, paddleboarding, etc., as well as eat and drink (of course), but the focus is simply lounging on the beach and relaxing.

Since you mentioned that you are not into this sort of beach experience, a different excursion would probably be more to your liking.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Otherwise known as 'Don Quique'..
Castro Valley, California
1,955 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
I agree with others. While there are other things to do, there are not enough to fill a whole day. If you don't enjoy the beach, you would be best off finding another excursion.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Claire in Castro Valley
Founder and head sheeple-herder of HUSH!
over on FB: FriendlyPrincessCruisers
Next up:
Miracle 7/29/2017 -- Mexican Riviera
Ruby 12/30/2017 -- Mexican Riviera
Splendor 3/31/2018 -- Mexican Riviera
california
1,044 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Really is mainly a beach day. My DW and friend did the cooking class for an interlude but mainly you eat , drink and relax on the beach.if the beach is not your thing I would consider the Malecon and old town for a visit.
921 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
This is definitely a beach day, but it is a great beach day! Seriously, the best excursion I have ever been on -- we had an absolute blast.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
3kidsncats

Jewel Haven Review 2016
Princess Renewal of Vows Review

2017 Ruby Princess Mexican Riviera
2016 Norwegian Jewel to the Mexican Riviera
Norwegian Sky - Pacific Coastal
RCCL Monarch of the Seas - Ensenada
NCL Seaward - Caribbean
Cunard Countess - Caribbean