Must Try Foods and Excursions

Sabrina28

Hello !!

I hope everyone is well.

I’ll be visiting St.Kitts in September .

Does anyone have any recommendations on the excursions I MUST abosutley do when I’m there ?

If so , can you also provide me the tours name and company ?

I like adventurous/cool/educational/once in a life time excursions.

Also, I would like to try local restaurants and food .

Does anyone know what there traditional dishes are ?

And where is the best place to eat it at ? (Local spot only)

Thank you in advance !!! :D

I would go with Royston. He takes a small group around the island in a van with the windows popped out and drives absolutely everywhere! We had a blast, learned a lot, and very much enjoyed ourselves. He provides local beverages and a small meal on the beach, and he also stopped for a few local foods to sample along the way. Royston also took care of tipping at the various stops, and admissions were included.

This past January my husband and I took a 4 hr. excursion (which actually lasted 5 hrs) with Leo Christopher for $150.00 total. Leo is in his mid fifties (I would guess) and is a good driver and an excellent guide with very good reviews on tripadvisor. He took us to all the normal tourists sites plus he is very knowledgeable about indigenous plants that are used by the locals for medicinal reasons. Once we learned that, we asked that he give us exposure and insight into these plants which was a great experience. As far as foods, when Leo took us to the Black Rocks, one of the vendors there was cooking fried coconut balls....absolutely delicious. Leo can be reached at christopherom95@gmail.com

We use Pereira Tours when we go there. Liz is awesome. We always do a private car as well. The last time we were there we went to Caribelle Batik at Romney Manor which was pretty neat. Also Timothy Hill photo ops are always good. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We went with Javin Tours. Great time, more active and adventerous; included, besides scenic drive, old factory, lava rock climb by beach, rain forest walk, lunch of local foods like pastries, meat pies, local juices, etc., snorkeling at ship wreck and time at a beach.

Great if you like active tours; lava rocks was the hardest part; you don't want to fall there.

Otherwise I would take a tour that also goes to the fort--really enjoyed that.

• 2 weeks later...
I would go with Royston. He takes a small group around the island in a van with the windows popped out and drives absolutely everywhere! We had a blast, learned a lot, and very much enjoyed ourselves. He provides local beverages and a small meal on the beach, and he also stopped for a few local foods to sample along the way. Royston also took care of tipping at the various stops, and admissions were included.

My husband and I will be in St. Kitts on September 21. We wanted to do Royston's tour but I just got an email from him that he won't be on the island then.