Taxi Tours in Tortola

Edgewater601

Yes there will be several safari-type taxis offering tours with and without beach stops at cheaper group rates ~$25/pp). If you are off the ship somewhat early you won’t have a problem. The nice ladies at the information center can direct you too.you can also contact a driver prior to your arrival to reserve a private tour at a higher hourly rate. If interested in that let me know...

Yes there will be several safari-type taxis offering tours with and without beach stops at cheaper group rates ~$25/pp). If you are off the ship somewhat early you won’t have a problem. The nice ladies at the information center can direct you too.you can also contact a driver prior to your arrival to reserve a private tour at a higher hourly rate. If interested in that let me know...

Yes, I would be interested in booking a private taxi tour ahead. What is the hourly rate? Can they accommodate 6 or 8 or would we need two taxis? Thank you so much for your assistance! I know you will recommend the best!

We didn't pre book anything for Tortola (this was pre-hurricane) and I was pleasantly surprised at the options at the port. They seemed to be very organized at getting you where you want to go and although we didn't take a tour, we were able to get a round trip taxi to Brewers Bay for snorkeling. It was one of those days that I very much want to repeat!

We didn't pre book anything for Tortola (this was pre-hurricane) and I was pleasantly surprised at the options at the port. They seemed to be very organized at getting you where you want to go and although we didn't take a tour, we were able to get a round trip taxi to Brewers Bay for snorkeling. It was one of those days that I very much want to repeat!

Thank you for the information. We would like a tour rather than being taken to the beach and back, so I wasn’t sure what the availability would be for drivers who provide good tours versus drivers only. I am looking forward to getting some recommendations. Thank you so much for relating your experience!

Yes taxis are plentiful, whether sharing an inexpensive group taxi to a beach, or taking a 3 - 4 island tour. But a private tour is just so much nicer. The drivers we opused in the past have retired but today We would definitely use A. C.

http://www.info-res.com/actaxibvi/

For inquiries & Bookings Please call Arnold C Smith @ (284)340-0550

E-mail at acsat@hotmail.com

Yes taxis are plentiful, whether sharing an inexpensive group taxi to a beach, or taking a 3 - 4 island tour. But a private tour is just so much nicer. The drivers we opused in the past have retired but today We would definitely use A. C.

Thank you. I will send an e-mail. I appreciate your assistance! Can you tell me what might be on the tour besides the beaches? Was there something to be sure not to miss?

Edited by Edgewater601

This is a brief itinerary I shared with a friend that you can use as a reference as you research Tortola. There are other places to see and experience, and keep in mind most of the island was devastated by Irma and some of these places and areas are still rebuilding...

We would start out with a drive along the south shore (Sir Francis Drake Channel coastal road) with views of the islands and stop at Soper’s Hole, that would be a nice relatively flat drive. Then cross over Zion Hill Rd to the North Shore road to see the nicest beaches like Smuggler’s Cove, Long Bay (West End), Great Carrot and Apple Bays, Cappoon’s Bay where Bomba’s Shack is. Perhaps a stop at Bananakeet on Windy Hill Rd for the spectacular panoramic view, then drop into Cane Garden Bay for lunch, and a stop at Stoutt’s Lookout Bar is a must. Then maybe continue east to see Brewers Bay and Josiah’s Bay before driving to Long Bay (Beef Island) then Trellis Bay where Aragorn’s pottery studio is located along with De Loose Mongoose.

The views from the mountain are breathtaking, so the driver may instead want to take you up to view CGB and Brewers Bay from the higher elevation first, before taking you along the north and south coast. He may suggest going up Joe’s Hill Rd from Road Town to Ridge Road and onto CGB Road for the views before dropping down into CGB. But the drive along the north and south is highly recommended if only for the island views so be sure to include that.

Aside from the beaches and views you have Mount Sage National Park, SkyWorld, Callwood rum distillery in CGB, Botanic Garden and churches in Road Town, and the shops near the pier.

Your tour length will dictate what the driver recommends of course. Hourly rates for group tours are published from 2010 and as far as I know are still in effect, you can find the fares and hourly rates listed here, looks like ~$400 for a 4- hour tour for 8 ppl, but a private tour will likely be more.

http://www.bvivacation.com/transportation/tortola-taxi-fares-rates.php#.W3LU0BopBvI

You can also do some research to see if something else interests you, just google various sites like this one, and I’m sure others can add their favorite sights to you.

http://www.b-v-i.com/Tortola/tour.htm

Edited by blue_water

This is a brief itinerary I shared with a friend that you can use as a reference as you research Tortola. There are other places to see and experience, and keep in mind most of the island was devastated by Irma and some of these places and areas are still rebuilding...

We would start out with a drive along the south shore (Sir Francis Drake Channel coastal road) with views of the islands and stop at Soper’s Hole, that would be a nice relatively flat drive. Then cross over Zion Hill Rd to the North Shore road to see the nicest beaches like Smuggler’s Cove, Long Bay (West End), Great Carrot and Apple Bays, Cappoon’s Bay where Bomba’s Shack is. Perhaps a stop at Bananakeet on Windy Hill Rd for the spectacular panoramic view, then drop into Cane Garden Bay for lunch, and a stop at Stoutt’s Lookout Bar is a must. Then maybe continue east to see Brewers Bay and Josiah’s Bay before driving to Long Bay (Beef Island) then Trellis Bay where Aragorn’s pottery studio is located along with De Loose Mongoose.

The views from the mountain are breathtaking, so the driver may instead want to take you up to view CGB and Brewers Bay from the higher elevation first, before taking you along the north and south coast. He may suggest going up Joe’s Hill Rd from Road Town to Ridge Road and onto CGB Road for the views before dropping down into CGB. But the drive along the north and south is highly recommended if only for the island views so be sure to include that.

Aside from the beaches and views you have Mount Sage National Park, SkyWorld, Callwood rum distillery in CGB, Botanic Garden and churches in Road Town, and the shops near the pier.

Your tour length will dictate what the driver recommends of course. Hourly rates for group tours are published from 2010 and as far as I know are still in effect, you can find the fares and hourly rates listed here, looks like ~$400 for a 4- hour tour for 8 ppl, but a private tour will likely be more.

http://www.bvivacation.com/transportation/tortola-taxi-fares-rates.php#.W3LU0BopBvI

You can also do some research to see if something else interests you, just google various sites like this one, and I’m sure others can add their favorite sights to you.

http://www.b-v-i.com/Tortola/tour.htm

Thank you so much for your wealth of knowledge! E-Mail has been sent to AC. Just waiting on a response!

This information is a keeper!

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody know any info about island tours with no beach since Disney Fantasy docked last Tuesday Aug 28th (Post Hurricane)? I see that Elroy Pleasure tours has a store in Pier Park? Do you have to go to the store to schedule a tour or can you just go to the end of the pier to get a tour? We are hoping to get off the ship super early and get an island tour around 9 am? Is the end of Pier Park the best place to get an island tour? We dont want to wait long to do an island tour as we will have our 5 yr old with us and dont want to do a private tour. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

• 4 months later...
On 8/13/2018 at 10:51 AM, blue_water said:

Are you aware of anyone else who would do a good private tour?  I have e-mailed this guy twice and he has chosen not to respond to me either time.  I just thought I would check to see if you had any further recommendations.  Thank you!